It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Still More Thoughts on Rosie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
ok, so today i caught a clip on msn video of scarborough country and they were once again discussing rosie.

now, its no secret what i think of the 911 conspiracies. (to recap for those of you coming late to dinner, im open minded but feel MANY of the 911 conspiracies are nothing more than humor in poor taste) however, one of the commentators said something that struck a nerve with me.

he said rosie had the privlege of speaking her mind, not the right. now, in a certain context he's right but it really pissed me off that he didnt explain himself better.

now, without trying to put words into his mouth, ill offer my interpretation of the comments.

IF she's walking down the street and someone points a camera at her, she has the RIGHT, bought and paid for in blood, to say whatever she wants.

HOWEVER

On a TV show where she is paid to be there, yes, to spew her thoughts is a privlege that ABC can revoke at any time.

but the commentator didnt differentiate, he implied that for her to speak at ALL was a privlege and not a right.

and THAT pisses me off.

like many others here at ATS i spent part of my life sworn to die to defend those RIGHTS so for some toolbox moron to imply that we were willing to give our lives for a 'privlege' just really twists my tail.

SO, given that he did NOT clarify, sad as it makes me, i gotta side with rosie on this one.

thanks to you all for joining me in support of the RIGHT to free speach and thank you to ATS for allowing me the PRIVLEGE of sharing my thoughts here.

/rant

edit: can assemble an assault rifle blindfolded but still learning to spell

[edit on 4-4-2007 by Damocles]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Those are the exact same kinds of comments that disgust me, and I can't stand to watch any of these anchors gets uppity and foam at the mouth just for that reason.

Some people get humor out of O'Reilly's, but I can't even get that much. I get a sinking feeling in my gut, like I'm helplessly watching the world going to hell. When these people say things like that, it goes straight out and into the heads of everyone watching, and what's scary is that you know you can't trust millions of people to hear this stuff on a daily basis and not be negatively affected by it.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
With you there Damocles.

And just what exactly is a free speech zone?

Paramilitary/SWAT police gangs are tasering students and pregnant women.

Rural libertarians are getting blown away off their front porches with alarming regularity.

How does the Constitution become inoperable upon the whim of the PTB?

And the talking shouting heads on Fox and Scarlborough Country are their cheerleaders. The rise of these loudmouthed cretins and the intolerance and distortions they spew forth simply re-enforces the lowest instincts in their viewers, who would be the ones, if presented the articles of the Bill of Rights in a referendum, would vote them down.

This is just another increment down that slippery slope to soft fascism and the police state.

The proposition of her attackers that Rosie, since she's being paid to talk, must mouth the propaganda of her corporate paymasters, shows exactly how manipulated and corrupt the MSM are. But most people are too clueless to realize the implications of that argument, and buy into their simplistic tough guy rants.

Rosie's right; those 4 corporations are controlling the message and we live in a propaganda echo chamber. Here's your proof staring you in the face.

join