It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another revolution in Ukraine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
This kid is 14 years old from Cherkasi in Ukraine.

Q - Which of these parties here do you support?

A - I came here with the delegation from where I live. I'm for the "Party of the Regions" (or the blue party).

Q - How has the Party of the Regions helped you and what do you think your party will do for you and your family?

A - They help alot, (he couldn't think of a specific example straight away but after a few minutes this is what I got from him), they help he people living in our cities with things like; using banks, other things relevant to that. They give advice, explains things. Those kinds of things.

Q - What is your vision of the future in the Ukraine? How would you like the country to be for your family now and your children in the future. What would you like to see?

A - Good and proper working wages. Good pansions, ones that you can actually live off of. Get these kids off the streets and take care of all the orphans. What I want for my country in the future is I want it to be independant. I don't want it to be part of NATO, no to NATO.

Q - What about CIS?

A - Well...I don't like them too much either. I'm not saying I don't want to be part of them but, umm, I don't really favor them.

Q - Why?

A - They're not organized too well.

Q - What are your major concerns with what is happening in the Ukraine at this moment?

A - I'm not worried at all. I'm sure the president will go along with the constitution and all will be well. Everything will turn out fine.

Q - What is your take on the actions of the Ukrainian army at the moment. Do you fear that they will escalate into a bloody conflict?

A - What are they doing at the moment?

Q - You are not aware that the goverment pulled the army up to the city and surrounded it?

A - No, I didn't know.

Q - What is your reaction to this? Do you think this will escalate to bloodshed?

A - I don't think this will escalate to bloodshed. If the army comes here will probably buy it off. They even offered us money to come here we didn't take it though.

Q - Hold on, can you tell me a bit about tem paying you? How much were they gonna pay you and why didn't you take the money.

A - 50 hrivna (10$) to come here plus 30 hrivna (6$) more for food and other such things (this is hardly any money, they were only staying for a day I believe that is why pay is so small compared to what I posted on page one). we didn't take the money because we don't need it. We're here to show Ukraine that we are very concerned with what is going on atm. I will tell you this though, there are more of those who were paid to be here then of those who are actual patriots atm.

Q - NATO ships have docked in Crimea a day ago, what is your reaction to this.

A - I'm verry upset about this. They need to leave. It's just like wtf, what do you think you are doing here?

Q - *I told him about the US ships due to dock and asked him for his reaction on that*

A - Same thing as above, why the hell are you getting involved, you know?

Q - Anything you would like to add, any personal statements?

A - "All those who want better things for Ukraine need to rise up againt the President, but when he starts doing things constitutionally back off and clam down." And "No english as a second language" (interprete that as you will, as far as I understood less US influence on this country).

[edit on 8-4-2007 by maestro46]

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
She was above forty for sure, her name (she requested to be named) is Natalia Vitalevna and she was supporting the blue party.

Q - How has the Party of the Regions helped you and what do you think your party will do for you and your family?

A - They never helped, befor or now. I just like it, it's program and it's leader.

Q - What is your vision of the future in the Ukraine? How would you like the country to be for your family now and your children in the future. What would you like to see?

A - Independant and united, no NATO and no America.

Q - Do you feel that Ukraine is dependant on America?

A - Yes, materialy and idealy. We keep using their products and such, and they have so much influence ont he current goverment. The presidents wife is CIA for godsakes (Yushenko is married to an american woman who is tied to the US goverment to say the least). I don't want the US directing Ukraine in which way the should go.

Q - So you would rather have Ukraine join CIS?

A - Yes, definately. We worked ery well together during the Union (USSR). I would gladly work together will all the nations in it; Russians, Belarussians, Kazhaks. Even the jews, I have nothing against them and would work with them (Ukraine has a very large anti-semetic movement in it, mainly the neo-nazis/skin-heads).

Q - What are your major concerns with what is happening in the Ukraine at this moment? How does the current situation compare with what your expectations were once the Soviet Union dissolved?

A - Oh, the situation is very serious, much more serious then it was befor. I'm concerned about these elections. These elections they're planing (elections for the parlamet Yushenko dismissed) are funded by our money, from our wallets. If they think that we have extra money to begin with, why not send that money for better use? Like homes for the homeless, helping jobless get jobs, healthcare, education.
During the collapse of the USSR I voted to keep it instead of the reforms. It still pains me to see what these reforms have done to this country. The goverment gave me a home for free during the USSR, we had free healthcare, we actually had an education. We didn't have so many orphans and homeless. Did we really live that bad? (I've noticed this is underlined by everyone who lived in the USSR who I've talked to so far).
*It seemed to me she didn't have many expectations after the collapse*

Q - What is your take on the actions of the Ukrainian army at the moment. Do you fear that they will escalate into a bloody conflict? *She didn't know about the army either*

A - I'm afraid. I don't want to see blood here and I hope it doesn't happen. I would do what I can to stop this. We do not hate those who oppose us here. They have their ideas and I hope they will understand ours. I still have hope violence doesn't happen.

The rest of this interview continues in the following post

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Q - *I told her about the NATO ships docked in Sevastople and the US ships due to dock and asked how she felt about this*

A - I feel very negative towards it. No NATO ships, especially in Sevastople, how can this be allowed. I am a Ukrainian woman, all my roots are Ukrainian, and despite that I say give Crimea back to the Russians. Russians live there. Historicaly it is their land. Give it back to them, or even split it; like cyprus. And if you can't come to an agreement then let it be neutral. Like I said, I'm ukrainian, and this is what hurts me the most (she began to cry); in a fight I would stand firm for Russia but not for Ukraine. You should see how much better the Russians treat us. I have friends in Russia and when I go to visit them the Ukrainian customs just rob us. Make up laws about what we can or can't take. Confisticate alot of stuff. Nothing like that in Russia, they were really kind to us.
As for the US ships i'm ready to go to Sevastople myself and try to out a stop to this. They have no buisness here. Why is our President looking for support from other countries instead of his people?!

Q - Anything you would like to add, any personal statements?

A - I want stability in this country. I also really want and hope that our President will just sit down with the blues and the communists and all the other parties and come up with the problems concerning his country and his people. I want justice in this country.

* The underlined above was a very big surprise to me, I have never heard anything like it in Ukraine befor*

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Here's what this all seems to me like. These protests are gonna see blood. The following info has reached my ears but is unconfirmed. Ukrainian soldiers are calling their families and telling them that live ammunition is being distributed to them. Every person I've talked to in the center had no idea that the army is surrounding the city. The underlined part in the intreview from the monk seems to be the current plan of the opposition. He hit the bullseye with that comment. None of the parties seemed to be giving the people any significant support, if any at all. I would also like to stress how crucial these protest/elections are to ukraine. This is the last straw for the Ukrainian people. The atmosphere seems to be if the result of all this doesn't turn out for the batter of ukrain most people will lose faith in the ukrainian goverment. No one I've talked to knew either that NATO ships are present in Crimea or about the US ships due to dock. When I mentioned this to the guys in the Crimean delegation protesting here they told me it was all BS, they didn't believe me (the comment is that rediculous). Then ofcourse they wouldn't know this because they were here and not in Crimea when this took place. You all saw the perfect example of how well things can be kept quiet here. The holy caves collapsing (the Lavra is IN kiev, close to the Dniper so it's not on the edge or something) and not a word. This is why no one knows about the troops or the NATO ships.

That's what I've got so far.

Regards,
Maestro

PS: If people were to ask questions here I could try and get them answered by asking those protesting in the center (if the question involves them) or just search for info. This would help me look for info by giving me topics of discussion and such. I would be happy to answer any of your questions.

- Still due: the names of all the parties and which coalitions they have formed/belong to.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Yes that does sound like a tense situation. Do look out for your self. I also feel I should ask, are you farmiler with Confeshens of an Economic hit Man?
part one
part two
part three

Very little attention was paid to RedGolem's post. You guys should all take a look at it again if you have befor and take the time to watch all three videos. Watch them again if you have befor. I personaly looked lightly on the possibility of US involvment in the current events here in Ukraine. With the way things have been shaping up...it's more then likely the US will not give up their influence here so easily. As John Perkins said in the first video; the US gives money to countries, and once they ask for things back the country can't pay the debt. So they give the US privilages. Such privilages with the Ukraine can be masked and covered up without breaking a sweat. I have given you examples earlier in this thread ealier on about how easily this is done here and at what scale it's possible. What the "economic hit man" is talking about in that video could very well be (I hardly doubt it) what we're dealing with here.

If this scenario is applied this is what it would look like;

Yushenko is the US man, he is currently in power. The way he came to power - revolution. After the votes have been counted in 2004 Yanukovich was the victor. It is then that Yushenko came out of the blue and stated they were rigged. Now lets pretend that this was a lie, what if Yanukovich actualy won the first elections held (this is not unlikely, Yushenko came to power by a landslide); Yushenkos next move was to put up tents on Maidan (city center) preaching a fight for freedom was at hand (freedom from who was a question I have not had answered to me without much speculation by people i've talked to here). This was made possible and aided by the US money channeled in here and this is why the orange revolution was so much more organized. Now get this - During the protests on Maidan Yushenko grabbed the book* out of the hands of the man standing next to him on the stage (the book's* keeper) and swore himself into presidency on it long befor the results of the last and final elections came in. I'll also point out that normaly a president would swear on the constitution. Either he was that sure of his victory or this was a huge gamble. I'll remind you guys also that there were many elections held befor he won, all of which resulted in Yanukovich winning all were acused of being rigged. Only the one in which Yushenko won was the last one and considered fair. During each of these elections there were reports of votes from those who didn't go to vote, votes from those who are dead, and votes from those too young to vote.

*the book - this is a very important book to Ukraine, I'm not too sure on what book it is exactly but i think it belonged to an old ruler of Ukraine or something, I'll look into it and update.

Continued in the next post

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Once he came to power very little he promised actually becomes reality. The following things happen though;
1. Ukraine is starting the realization of plans to join the EU
2. Plans of deployment of NATO troops is underway, along with bases. This is largely in Crimea (Russia's main interest).*
3. Ukraine becomes heavily pro western (well, it's goverment anyways)
especially in it's policies.
4. Ukraine breaks most of it's friendly relations with russia including russia's supply of gas here
Yushenko new Russia was the major supplier of gas here. He went ahead and screwed up relations with them anyways. I'm not a politician but even I can tell that standing on Maidan and say "Russia piss off, we don't need you" (direct words out of his mouth, I was there) is not the smartest thing to do when your country functions off of 80% of Russian gas. Only then did Russia cut the supply and raised the prises, not just because the current goverment is "pro-western" as the news reported back then. Where do the Ukrainians get their gas now? A new company emerged, a private company by the name of RosUkrEnergo. To this day it's hard to tell who exactly is behind the creation of this company and who has the final say-so in it. RosUkrEnergo is now the main supplier of gas to Ukraine.
however Yushenko's pols have dropped fairly quickly after the elections. Too quickly. Now I didn't think the US would back him again just to keep their influence here. Why would they? It didn't seem worth it. Unless ofcourse there is something we don't know about here. Something the US really wants, maybe Yushenko made a promise to pay them back as payback for being in power, maybe some buisness deals who knows. I've even heard (no links for info available so i'll lable this as unconfirmed too) that Ukrainian journalists dug up that US was allowed use of old closed down airbases, and that the US did land military planes here for a bit of time. This is again, unconfirmed and are just vicious rumors here BUT the US wants bases here weather it's theirs or NATOs. Also this would force the Russian black sea fleet out of Sevastople (they're leasing space in it).
Now I would like to draw your attention to something else regarding this;
Yushenko's wife is american. I'm not sure if she spoke Ukrainian when she met him or learnt it but she speaks it now. She is CIA, or connected with it. I try not to post my opinion on this thread but this is one of those few times. I don't give a slightest care that she crushed these acusations in court even. She was working all the time for the US goverment befor she met him.
Here is a link with info on here. Any conspiracy theorist will find her background very peculiar.
en.wikipedia.org...

That's it for that, one last thing.

In these interviews I posted it might seem to some of you that people here do not like Americans. Very much not so. It is the exactly the same thing that is explained about the people of south america in video two. Would you be happy if during a crisis like this warships from another country were present in your's? Do you want another country to dictate your policies?

Regards,
Maestro

*See the 6th post on page 2 of this thread. In it I explain that Crimea is supposed to pass into Russian hands in 2007.

PS: If people were to ask questions here I could try and get them answered by asking those protesting in the center (if the question involves them) or just search for info. This would help me look for info by giving me topics of discussion and such. I would be happy to answer any of your questions.

- Still due: the names of all the parties and which coalitions they have formed/belong to.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestro46
~snip~!
Where do the Ukrainians get their gas now? A new company emerged, a private company by the name of RosUkrEnergo. To this day it's hard to tell who exactly is behind the creation of this company and who has the final say-so in it. RosUkrEnergo is now the main supplier of gas to Ukraine.
~snip~

We need to follow this lead. I bet we see some familiar names at the bottom of this rabbit hole.

She is CIA, or connected with it. I try not to post my opinion on this thread but this is one of those few times. I don't give a slightest care that she crushed these acusations in court even. She was working all the time for the US goverment befor she met him.
Here is a link with info on here. Any conspiracy theorist will find her background very peculiar.
en.wikipedia.org...

No doubt. She must have a stack of libel suits drawn up so she just fills in the blanks every time she's accused of being CIA! ha ha!

I'm surprised this thread hasn't blown up yet, but I suppose it will. This Ukraine situation simply oozes conspiracy! Let's go ATS, there's a big stinky conspiracy onion sitting right here waiting for us to peel it!

Thanks again, Maestro, for a great thread!

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Thanks maestro for your on the scene reporting, make sure to be safe when asking these questions, it still looks very volatile in the area according to news reports. I hope that this will end peacefully.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I see.
Well, then, who stands to gain from this revolt? Would the army step in to pick its favorite politician if things got too far out of hand? Are there any Russian troops packing for a Ukraninan vacation? Has the U.N. sent observers? Could private militias be preparing for battle as we speak? Inquiring minds want to know.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjack
Where do the Ukrainians get their gas now? A new company emerged, a private company by the name of RosUkrEnergo. To this day it's hard to tell who exactly is behind the creation of this company and who has the final say-so in it. RosUkrEnergo is now the main supplier of gas to Ukraine.

Some background on RosUkrEnergo.

Representatives the of Swiss-registered RosUkrEnergo and of Raiffeisen Investment AG, a subsidiary of Vienna-based Raiffeisen Bank AG that holds 50 percent of RosUkrEnergo’s shares for undisclosed owners,
The other half of RosUkrEnergo is owned by Russian oil giant OAO Gazprom.

www.sptimes.ru...
Here’s what happened: Right after Miller’s aggressive statement, the United States began to investigate the ownership of the mysterious RosUkrEnergo company, the gas trader with a monopoly on Russian sales to Ukraine. It was revealed that the nominal owners of 50 percent of RosUkrEnergo were Dmitry Firtash (with 90 percent of that stake) and Ivan Fursin (10 percent). You wouldn’t call Firtash a major oligarch. He is known mostly as the representative of EuralTransGas, the predecessor of RosUkrEnergo, which was registered by four individuals in the Hungarian village of Chabdy, and as the head of a branch of Highrock Properties Ltd., a subsidiary of Israel’s Highrock Holdings. The financial director at Highrock is Igor Fisherman, an associate of Semyon Mogilevich, a reputed Ukrainian crime figure wanted by the FBI on racketeering and fraud charges.

Isn’t this amazing? Is it really possible that Firtash’s misfortune is powerful enough to have contributed to the Kremlin’s decision to make a 180-degree turn in its foreign energy policy? Is it just as possible that the Kremlin was worried that investigation would reveal bigger fish standing behind Firtash — perhaps some people a little closer to home?

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Ah the army, the army, the army. This is a tough one. It's high command is as corrupt as the goverment they serve, but where would the soldier's loyalties lie in case of an escalation I do not know. Thanks for keeping my attention on it Justin, I will try to reach some contacts and try to get a bigger chunk of info on it. I highly doubt they have a favourite party, and it's not up to the soldier to choose but his command (which can be bought).
As for now they do what they're ordered, we'll leave it at this until more info comes.
As for Ruskis packing for a vacation here - tis not the season. I do not see this happening. Such a move would involve toppling the current president and the money all this would take...an armed entry wouldn't benifit them. That's just me thinking logicaly. News has nothing on this. No info on the net either. As from a perspective of someone who lives here though - no way, that would be ridiculous. No chance.
If UN has any presence here it is far from felt. In other words highly unlikely. On page one I posted about a conversation with a guy who works for the UN. I personally regarded him as CIA because the info he was feeding me did not corespond whatsoever to what I knew. CIA or not, he's in a UN office which works with Ukrainian law enforcment (that's who'd be in charge of keeping order in the city, especially in time like...lets say NOW). Now this guy either wasn't telling what he really knew or really didn't know anything. So either way UN has a blind eye on this. It is possible they're told to stay out. You saw what happened with the Lavra and what UNESCO did about this. I haven't heard UN's take on this, maybe I haven't looked hard enough, but it's certainly not heard here.
As for private militias, we're not even at civil war yet man. The guys in the center aren't planning an armed uprising, they are peacefully protesting. I know Yushenko has told the british news that he fears this situation will have the same outcome as the one in Russia in ~1993-1994 (armed assault on the russian "white house"). As a resident of Kiev who has lived here for some time now I say this; for those of you in other countries, THIS IS ALL BS. Pay no attention to this. The most the people in the center are "armed with" are the flag sticks. All of them are there with peacefull intentions. They are doing the exact same thing Yushenko did when he felt the goverment was unfair to him! He is the one who is prepared to take arms here.

Regards,
Maestro

- I also ran across some very interesting info regarding Timashenko, I will post on it when I find out more. She may be the one to benifit from this.

- J congrats on the 3rd millionth post lol

- Thanks Tjak. lol theres too much reading involved, maybe this is what scares some poeple off (as to why this thread hasn't exploded yet). I'm only joking.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Thanks for keeping my attention on it Justin, I will try to reach some contacts and try to get a bigger chunk of info on it.

I'd be a bad CM if I didn't point to these things.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Justin raised this question, and it's a very good and important one. Ironicaly I've stumbbled over some info right befor I read his post so I am able to answer quickly.

Russian news networks are reporting something rather shocking atm. Yulia Timoshenko ( en.wikipedia.org... ) made a trip to the US a few days ago. News say she got 1 million dollars from the US goverment.

Now lets take a look at Timoshenko's backround with a bit of colour to it.
Her party joined in a coalition with Yushenko during the orange revolution in 2004. Both made a damn good team. They won the stand on Maidan. Now that power was theirs Yushenko became president and Yulia became Prime Minister. Now Yushenko seems to have a game he loves to play - dismissing people. Any time things don't go the way he likes it he plays that game or so it would seem. The parlament has been dismissed and reelected countless times befor. He later dismissed Yulia from her PM seat. Not because things weren't going well for him though. It's hard to say but most likely he wanted more control. Yulia still is the head of the Opposition coalition but she has very little say so about what is going on in the country. HOWEVER she can be refered to as an expert revolutionary and has alot of potential as a leader. Plus she's a woman if you know what I mean. She also a possible candidate for presidency in 2010. However why go through elections if there seem to be other means of getting to power in this country?

Yushenko has largely been a failure, especially in the eyes of those from the US who funded and helped him. True he has a "CIA" wife, and he tries to do everything the US asks of him but he can't hold control over the country. The country hardly favors him. Timashenko is an option for the US now. They could be simply trying to switch people around. This 1mil is not exactly alot, but it is money after all. Now go back and read the monk's comments in the interview and you will see where I'm going with this.

*Notice* Even if the 1mil is all made up this is still a likely scenario without it. She did go to the US that's for sure.

Another thing the russian news reported; a number of tankers in the Ukrainiane army who's service time ended on the 3rd of April were not released home like they were supposed to. There were absolutely no reasons provided for such actions by the army. The soldiers were simply not allowed to leave the army.

Hey, seems to me like we're making progress and I again thank everyone here for their help and suppport.

Regards,
Maestro

- more updates might be added shortly to/regarding this post, either in edits or another post.

- J congrats on the 3rd millionth post lol

- Thanks Tjak. lol theres too much reading involved, maybe this is what scares some poeple off (as to why this thread hasn't exploded yet). I'm only joking.

[edit on 9-4-2007 by maestro46]

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Any of you guys see anything in roadgravel's post? I'm familiar with the info (it is good stuff) but I would rather not post or comment on it until I can get my hands on more than what I know atm. Anyone wanna elaborate on it in the meantime though? I might not see something in it, but I'm no expert in this field.

Regards,
Maestro

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Very intresting thread here indeed, good work Maestro

You have voted maestro46 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Now down to what i know: my wife has relatives in the Krim area due to her being a Russlanddeutsche and my Father-in-law talked to his cousin 2 days ago. Alexander (the cousin) said that they were staying out of the things happening there and dont support any of the partys involved. He also said it was better not to talk about these things on the phone at all due to the possibilty of the telephone lines being wiretapped.
Alexander said that he also did hear of the army being mobilised and that things do not look good at all.

Apart from that we also have here in germany where i live a russian tv channel and they are also reporting things being not so good in Kiew with a lot of trouble going on.

What i do find strange is that there seem to be few if any reports of this revolution here in germany. Does make you wonder.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I've been riveted to this story and of course I hope you stay out of harms way from whatever may happen over their!

I was just wondering, because you are doing such a great job writing and informing us, if you are a journalist there?

Not saying it 's a plus or minus. I think you are doing a great job getting the word out about what you are seeing and finding out with your interviews. I realize there must be a small chance of danger to you by going to one group and talking to them, then going up to their rival group and talking to them.

I hope tensions there don't lead to any violence, and if so, and you see it coming, you stay out of harms way. We need people like you that are willing to get in the middle and try to figure out what both sides want.

Take care of yourself, GREAT Thread!

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Any of you guys see anything in roadgravel's post?

I can see Mogilevich mentioned in that article. See also this post.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Finally some news from a major european news source

Still been checking the russian tv channel with my Father-in-law but they havent brought anything either today.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
Very intresting thread here indeed, good work Maestro

You have voted maestro46 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Now down to what i know: my wife has relatives in the Krim area due to her being a Russlanddeutsche and my Father-in-law talked to his cousin 2 days ago. Alexander (the cousin) said that they were staying out of the things happening there and dont support any of the partys involved. He also said it was better not to talk about these things on the phone at all due to the possibilty of the telephone lines being wiretapped.
Alexander said that he also did hear of the army being mobilised and that things do not look good at all.

Apart from that we also have here in germany where i live a russian tv channel and they are also reporting things being not so good in Kiew with a lot of trouble going on.

What i do find strange is that there seem to be few if any reports of this revolution here in germany. Does make you wonder.

Your reletives are in Crimea are right not to get into any of this. As some of you might have noticed i'm no fan of Yushenko, but i can't say I'm thrilled about any of the other parties either guys. Not to mention that BOTH Yushenko and Yanukovich are croocks. Yanukovich has acrually breen in jail and Yushenko has been long accused of taking money from the banks in odessa. Both seem to mak the perfect image for good democratic leaders if you know what I mean. And it is dangerouse. But being in Crimea you face more danger from the tatars then from the parties (you know what I'm talking about, it's too long to explain but in case you don't know Yushenko has their back). I wouldn't risk discussion on the phone about it either. About Russian TV channels, my friend told me his satelite now blocks certain russian channels (NTV, a very famous independent channel). Russian channels are the perfect source for info for me atm, anything you hear would help alot.
Thanks for your support and aid, I'm glad more people are joining this thread.

About you not hearing much on the news about this in Germany - to me this seems fairly obvious; all the detail on this is being covered up. Even if something makes the news it hardly scratches the surface of the real events. Anyone remember me mention Maxim Kurochkin and ask for e-mails on any info on him? Take a big guess why he got shot? In court he made a threat to the Ukrainian goverment saying unless he is released he will release ALL the info on where the blue party was getting their funds from for all the protests. The moment he took a few steps out of the court building he was shot. The sniper had ~4 seconds to identify the target, line him up and make a decision. The man is dead now. I give alot more credit to the european news agencies then the US ones, but even they won't be covering this (i'm not even talking about top story here). Any other country would have UN breathing down its neck. Here though if the goverment says so it will be so, they don't want much news getting out it will be that way.

Regards,
Maestro

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
I've been riveted to this story and of course I hope you stay out of harms way from whatever may happen over their!

I was just wondering, because you are doing such a great job writing and informing us, if you are a journalist there?

Not saying it 's a plus or minus. I think you are doing a great job getting the word out about what you are seeing and finding out with your interviews. I realize there must be a small chance of danger to you by going to one group and talking to them, then going up to their rival group and talking to them.

I hope tensions there don't lead to any violence, and if so, and you see it coming, you stay out of harms way. We need people like you that are willing to get in the middle and try to figure out what both sides want.

Take care of yourself, GREAT Thread!

No Keyhole, I am not a journalist. I am a good writer though, I just happen to speak both Russian and English fluently and be living in kiev during this time. I have some great connections here for info, and I know how to make any if I need more. That and I'm very good with people, or atleast better than foreign journalists here since I know the people here. As for danger...if anything I fear it from the goverment. I've passed you guys info that isn't listed on the internet, or atleast you guys had it befor the news reported it. Then again I'm not anoying them much since I'm keeping low, and if asked I lack the right amount of evidence to cause a problem
. I'm determined to keep on with this though. I'm doing all this for free, no one asked me, I'm not working for anyone. Put it this way. The media alone WILL NOT get any info out of here that is very significant UNLESS their goverment backs them. That is why the russian media has so much atm; their goverment has eyes on this. Europe or the US though, what does it care officialy.

I am trying to change the fact that I'm not workign for anyone atm though. If any of you know of any news magazines or newspapers or anything of that sort can you maybe mention me? My e-mail is in my account description, just click on my name. I wouldn't be asking for pay so this would be a good deal for them I think.

Regards,
Maestro

[edit on 9-4-2007 by maestro46]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join