It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemicals in our bodies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Check it out:

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20031227/ap_on_sc/human_pollution_3

By PAUL ELIAS, AP Biotechnology Writer

SAN FRANCISCO - Davis Baltz shops for organic food and otherwise tries to live as healthy as he can. So he was shocked to learn that the pollutants collecting inside his body sounded much like a Superfund cleanup site: pesticides, flame retardants and other nasty, man-made chemicals turned up in a recent test.

"What that told me is that no matter what I tried to do, the plumes of chemicals that we are passing in and out of everyday give us exposure," said Baltz, who works for Commonweal, an environmental group in Bolinas, Calif. Commonweal and the Washington-based Environmental Working Group funded tests for Baltz and eight others at $5,000 apiece.

So here is my question: How do we get this crap outta our bodies? Not long ago I read an article about how if you eat 30% less you will live much longer (I don't remember the age). I didn't understand how that could be true until someone reminded me that the less you eat, the less your body has to filter out. ANyway, that is the only think I can think of. How 'bout you?

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   
u breath in thousands of diffrent toxins a day and over 100million types of germs.

Try a detox of going somehwhere really remote where there is no factories or lots of cars and that.

The further from civilisation u are...the fresher the air but even fresher air has a drawback...

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
sadly were pretty much uker'ed all the crapwe put into our water like flouride thats suppose to be good for us but just happens tobe a bi product of producing aluminum and a main component in sarin gass all the chemicals our countless number of smoke stacks around the world pump out into the atmosphere the junk we spray on our food's or use to "preserve" them

just away for us to get sick / pay money for healthcare / medicine / and make someone else very very rich

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Another fine example of this:

EU citizens are walking chemical cocktails
EUOBSERVER / BRUSSELS - In an attempt to illustrate the urgent need for the EU to reform its chemical legislation, Environment Commissioner, Margot Wallstr�m, had her blood tested for chemicals to show how all EU citizens have been contaminated by chemicals in the environment.

The Commissioner has 28 chemicals in her blood out of a total of 77 that were being looked for.

"We have accumulated 100s of chemicals in our bodies that were not there in our grandfathers' or grandmothers' bodies", said Mrs Wallstr�m.

www.euobserver.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Either we breathe in chemicals, drink them or eat them each and everyday of our lives. It is unfortunate but it's a fact of life. A lot of different chemicals we *need*. For instance and this is a TRUE story. While I was overseas in a very clean/chemical free country I might add. A man became very ill, the doctors did an MRI on his head and found that he had worms living in his brain. Very gross and very true story. I wish I could find the story online to shed all the details and facts.

Anyway, moral of the story is..if there had been some slight chemicals in some of the foods the man had eaten, the worms would not have survived and thus been able to reach his bloodstream and into his brain.

Some natural parasites are good for killing and eating the more deadlier parasites in foods, especially some of the farming crops. Again though, we may not always have this option therefore mild toxins have to be used to kill off these deadly parasites. Seems like a no-win situation to me.

*This is one good reason to bless your food prior or after consuming*

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
quit bitching, were living longer then people back in the day and its an upward trend, of course theres chemicals in your body, youre made of chemicals...

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PolarBear
quit bitching, were living longer then people back in the day and its an upward trend, of course theres chemicals in your body, youre made of chemicals...

I agree with what you are thinking here. But I don't think anyone in this post is "bitching". This does fall in the 'conspiracy catagory of life' And we as humans have a right to be concerned and discuss what exactly we consume in our bodies. Don't you agree?

I wouldn't consider this issue as cut and dry as yourself. "We" may be living longer, but I can assure you that most are living longer and at the same time enduring some horrid disease. I'd rather die sooner then live 40 years with pain and sickness.

But again..I'm not so certain that the toxins and chemicals are to blame or should be discarded as most have stated in this thread.

posted on Jan, 1 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
yeh i guess i came off a bit strong, my apologies, i feel mad at people today

new topics

top topics

join