It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Lawmaker Wants Bible to Be Used as Textbook in State's Public Schools

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well i live in fla. a somewhat consevative part and we have religions courses, but i think the actual act of bringing the bible itself into class is my problem. I mean in my class, we had worksheets and things that quoted religous books. So i dont see the need to actally bring in a bible, unless you are planning on preaching.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImpliedChaos
i dont see the need to actally bring in a bible, unless you are planning on preaching.

Exactly. Thank you.

Why bring in an entire bible when you are studying literature that references a bible quote or story? You don't need to devote an entire class through a semester to bible study. If the bible needs to be referenced it is very easy just to do a quick reference to it in the class that is studying the literature.

The ONLY reason for the fundamentalists to be wanting an entire class devoted to bible study is to preach. There is no need, at the high school level, to have this class. None.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Being from the northwest, attitudes here maybe aren't quite as ironclad. Less fundementalist, though there are a goodly number of fundementalists, they have much less influence. I do, however, see where you're coming from.

I certainly don't intend to come off as cavalier about the risk, though it may seem that way. I think the only thing we really disagree on is the timeing of the exposure to this. I think, up to a point, the earlier the better. You disagree. Otherwise, we are in accord.

apc

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I just caught up with this thread and rather than respond to posts allow me to just...

[insert all of FlyersFan's points here]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join