It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry would guarantee accountability of voting results

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Kerry would guarantee accountability of voting results

By Anne Saunders, Associated Press Writer, 12/28/2003

MANCHESTER, N.H. -- Democratic presidential hopeful John Kerry said Sunday that if elected he would appoint a legal team to ensure the fairness of the American electoral process.

"I intend to have a legal team in place that will guarantee us that there will be no question at all (about accurate voting results)," he said at a campaign stop.

"The second thing I intend to do is to win by enough votes that it ain't gonna matter," he said, refering to the close vote in Florida during the 2000 election.

In 2000, Al Gore won the popular vote by half a million votes nationally but conceded to Republican George Bush after a 36-day recount in Florida ended without a resolution and prompted a 5-4 Supreme Court vote against him.

The Massachusetts senator was responding to a question from Vi Cookson, a Manchester woman who said she worries that Democratic voters are being turned away from the polls and that voting machines are being manipulated.
more at.
www.boston.com...

I�d say he�s a bit late. Now the Democrats are starting to wake up to electronic voting, just now? What the hell is wrong with Kerry doesn�t he read the news. Our next election will be decided by Diebold and other right wing electronic voting machines. Of course they don�t want a paper trail. As long as the media can keep GW Bush with a 50% rating of some sort they can steal the election no problem. Notice in the polls now it�s never will you vote for GW Bush in 2004 it�s always his approval rating. You can think the President is doing an ok job and still not vote for him. No poll will ask will you vote for Bush in 2004 and if they do, the sampling will be in orange county California.

new topics

join