It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO technology being used?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I was thumbing through some news releases and stumbled on this.

Have any of you experts heard of this?

www.ufoarea.com...

Present Day Solid Rocket Exhaust is 1,000 to 4,000 m/s with 10^3 to 10^7 N thrust and a firing duration of minutes.

The Proposed NLS Propulsion Exhaust is 300,000,000 m/s with 10^3 to 10^9 N thrust and a firing duration of years - decades.

Estimated cost for Space Shuttle is hundreds of billions of dollars with $ 500 million per launch and $ 50 million per month to maintain the shuttle program ending around 2012.

Estimated cost for NLS Space Ship is hundreds of millions of dollars with $ 200 million per launch and $ 2 million per month with no program termination in man’s existence.

Forward thinking aerospace companies who are interested in the future of space travel may contact the inventor. A trade secret agreement will be required of all parties interested.

Go figure....this is my first thread.

I am wondering if this is all a part of some disclosure event in step with what other countries are doing?

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
tap....tap....tap.... hellow, is anyone awake?

I have read the article again. Can I get some experts to respond?

If there are no comments for today, I will try to bump it once or twice tomorrow.

nlspropulsion.net...

[edit on 3-4-2007 by win 52]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
this inventor of this undisclosed propulsion application seems to be asking too much if he/she expects me to believe all the claims that are made in the article.
and considering that he/she has requested that the patent and pertinent patent application not be published, then how are other people to confirm if this technology/discovery/unicorn/whatever is really genuine?

anyways, here's the whois information for nlspropulsion.net

Domain Name.......... nlspropulsion.net
Creation Date........ 2007-03-29
Registration Date.... 2007-03-29
Expiry Date.......... 2008-03-29
Organisation Name.... Susanne Urban
Organisation Address. 505 5th Street
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Pocomoke City
Organisation Address. 21851
Organisation Address. MD
Organisation Address. UNITED STATES

Admin Name........... Susanne Urban
Admin Address........ 505 5th Street
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ Pocomoke City
Admin Address........ 21851
Admin Address........ MD
Admin Address........ UNITED STATES
Admin Email.......... [email protected]
Admin Phone.......... +1.4109571991
Admin Fax............

extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. and she's not all that anonymous if the person who registered this domain is the same person as the so-called inventor.

[edit on 3-4-2007 by toreishi]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I can't find much else around, regarding this.

There is a question about the actual validity of this claim and it would be great if we could help the inventors bring this information out.

I wondered why they are being secretive if they have this patented? That was my only concern. I can try an e-mail to the inventor?

I will wait and see if there is more to go on tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
I can't find much else around, regarding this.

There is a question about the actual validity of this claim and it would be great if we could help the inventors bring this information out.

I wondered why they are being secretive if they have this patented? That was my only concern. I can try an e-mail to the inventor?

I will wait and see if there is more to go on tomorrow.

Honestly this is sorta crossing on the space/aviation forums. The Tech that is being hinted at and not even really described other then its title. The "website" is just a bunch of numbers done very unprofessionally I may add. Its like a number of other wonderfully dream websites I've stumbled on. Until I/you hear this from a news out let other then a random website that I have no idea if this host has any credability.

I'm more so an aviation buff and the space numbers and figures aren't on the top of my grey matter all I can say my spidey sence is tingling.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I did send mail to the site. I will post any response.

Susanne Urban
505 5 St

You could say this is made up also

It is just that this particular piece of information seemed to have some importance associated with it.

I just looked up the address on google earth. There are residences and businesses on that street. I am leaning towards a residence for 505 5 St.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by win 52]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
For some reason the link is not opening for me right now, but I will take a stab at the meaning behind it all.

Are you familiar with Burt Ratan and the Space Ship One program he was/is involved with?? Basically, the private sector is getting more and more involved witht he military/NASA/DOD all of the time. This seems to be a similar approach and a rudimentary attempt at throwing numbers around to validate going with a particulat contractor...so to speak. Burt Rata, proved that it is possible for independents to achieve this technology and innovation, now imagine giant corporate conglomerates getting involved!?
Essentially it is like the movie, "Contact" in that the private super billionare can financially back whatever they want and then sell it if they like to whichever acronym wants to use it. One drawback though, not just anybody has the go ahead to use this stuff to go into orbit/space. The governments will allow you to do the research and testing and all the legwork, then they buy it or take it and use it for whatever they want to. No space cowboys in real life that could take the chance on having their craft dissintigrate over New York or Los Angeles. It's a high tech game that lets the governments pick and choose the most cost efficient sub-contactor. It's really all economics, and the privately funded companies have some great minds among them.

That's all for my 2 cents worth for now..Peace, Mondo

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mondogiwa
For some reason the link is not opening for me right now, but I will take a stab at the meaning behind it all.

Are you familiar with Burt Ratan and the Space Ship One program he was/is involved with?? Basically, the private sector is getting more and more involved witht he military/NASA/DOD all of the time. This seems to be a similar approach and a rudimentary attempt at throwing numbers around to validate going with a particulat contractor...so to speak. Burt Rata, proved that it is possible for independents to achieve this technology and innovation, now imagine giant corporate conglomerates getting involved!?
Essentially it is like the movie, "Contact" in that the private super billionare can financially back whatever they want and then sell it if they like to whichever acronym wants to use it. One drawback though, not just anybody has the go ahead to use this stuff to go into orbit/space. The governments will allow you to do the research and testing and all the legwork, then they buy it or take it and use it for whatever they want to. No space cowboys in real life that could take the chance on having their craft dissintigrate over New York or Los Angeles. It's a high tech game that lets the governments pick and choose the most cost efficient sub-contactor. It's really all economics, and the privately funded companies have some great minds among them.

That's all for my 2 cents worth for now..Peace, Mondo

Mondo, that's Burt Rutan.

Here's a generic link:

www.scaled.com...

Though you seem like a really nice guy, I can NOT figure out why people post specific information and often good quality information but they don't take the time to spell the operative name or whatever, correctly.

This is not a spelling flame. Misspelling the name (Ratan, Rata) is important for the purposes of further research, and makes searching problematic. (sure most of the time a diligent researcher can eventually find the info, but why not be precise at least on the details).

Of course I don't mean to pick on you, and it's easy to look up his name.

I just wonder why people are so eager to post stuff that they just get careless, or if they just don't care or what.

Thanks. And again, don't mean to pick on you, since -everyone- seems to do it.

To keep my reply on topic, it's been proved that people can take 'off the shelf' components and do a pretty good job of putting together something that is pretty competitive with the gov't. The Guv does the basic research and except for the Apollo project, the information is available and often searchable on-line.

Did you guys know there is a free on-line patent search?

www.freepatentsonline.com...

I've found a lot of cool things there.

It's interesting comparing the specs on the Space Shuttle, the original Saturn V rocket and this current ship, btw.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Badge,

Wow, I can't believe I did that upon further review of my post. I feel embarrassed at my mistake. I do take offense to your remark though, sorry it's just the way it was worded I guess. A u2u would have been sufficient, or even a post by you that mentioned that you thought his name was spelled differently, which it is of course.
Again, my apologies and I hope that you do not make a mistake where somebody will come down on you in a public forum. Have a great night and peace, and thank you for the nice guy remark, it softened the blow a bit

Peace, Mondo

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Regarding the original webpage and claim: this is almost definitely a hoax. I won't speculate on "The Inventor's" motive, but considering that the claim is almost unfathomable from a technical perspective and he/she gives absolutely no explanation for how it would be achieved, there's just not much more to say.

Oh but wait, "The Inventor" does have more to say:

"Accelerating mass stores momentum in the form of potential energy as its velocity approaches the speed of light." ---- The Inventor 2006

The statement is, of course, completely nonsensical. If you said something like that even in a high school physics class, the teacher is likely to slap you right in the face and fail you on the spot.

Frankly this website makes me want to weep.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtmaraca
Regarding the original webpage and claim: this is almost definitely a hoax. I won't speculate on "The Inventor's" motive, but considering that the claim is almost unfathomable from a technical perspective and he/she gives absolutely no explanation for how it would be achieved, there's just not much more to say.

That does not make it a "hoax". Your need to back up that claim with something substantial.

I have not gotten a reply from the e-mail I sent out. There is not much here to go on, and I do not understand how it works or doesn't work.

I also do not believe that we know evreything about the universe and what works or doesn't. The only way is for a physicist to put the theory to the test. Mtmaraca, are you an accomplished engineer?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I think you've missed the point Win 52. If anyone is to believe this stuff it must be proven to them that its true first and its not their job to prove it fake unless they choose to try and do so. To say that anyone here hasn't given you enough info to change your mind about this persons claim (who won't even respond to email). But personally I feel as if there is more good info againest this website and its statements then for it since I havent seen anything for it.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It was something I stumbled on while poking around, that is all.

I am a farmer, used to tilling the land, and can only watch. I was asking for any information that could help understand this theory. To just call it a hoax, does not help with anything and is a useless piece of information.

I am concerned for the wellbeing of our planet, and also realize we can't keep on the path we are now walking. That is the path of extinction. We need real solutions that will change the way we treat this planet.

I have the need to look under every rock.

I also hate armchair philosophers who will not get their hands dirty, just sitting there in their pomp and glory, looking down their noses at people they feel are inferior to them, because they try to think outside the box.

The slap from the teacher, I got enough of that in school. They were quite shocked when I started slaping back.

[edit on 31-7-2007 by win 52]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Its just balance of evidence. Websites alone are no longer seen as proof alone. It needs to be published in paper or on TV it seems, and TV itself can be pretty unreliable. It is very possible that what you have seen was a bit of fun, but equally not. From my knowledge of science, it looks like fun. How does exhaust speed go from 4,000 m/s to 300 million? That's an explosion.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
That is what makes my tractor go, a series of explosions.

I am not highly educated in physics and engineering, but I do know what makes machinery work.

If you say explosion, well that is what you need to make a solid object move. It is a start.

We have an explosion, now to harness that power?

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
From one of the article's and Thomas site:

"The NLS propulsion technology has been peer reviewed by several physicists as being valid technology following Newton’s and Einstein’s laws using invariant mass propulsion."

I'm like, OK. So I iwent looking for the peer-review data and came up blank... any luck with your email win52? Who are these peers? Have I just missed a link?

His claim of specific impulse is rather vague... if one has a model for a physical concept and can estimate program costs shouldn't one also have some rudimentary precis of the function to offer?

There are inventors, and then there are "inventors". I like the kind of inventor that Rutan
exemplifies, other types I find less useful. A personal preference. Without more specific data I don't doubt the concept... I may take some time to see what this NLS guy is about - "mad science 101" or "real deal".

I'll keep an eye out for the email reply to win52 in the mean time.

Interesting,

Vic

[edit on 31-7-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I have sent two mails.

No response, which does make it seem like a joke. If the person was serious about this, you would think they would respond, unless they did not respect my query.

The other thing is that this information was not supposed to get out yet?

Now that we have a few people who think this does have some merrit, that is also encouraging.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
A couple other things stick out... one from the very first link I think.... the date was April 2nd... that shouldn't matter. From the NLS site one might think they'd capitalize Thomas' last name to jive with the first name also the powerpoint link - "doesn't go" on my machine... and the other link is pw access.

I'm running search now on astrophysicists and the name... nada-sorta, come up with a dude with a B.Sc. and a docorate who's into plant genomics. There is a Mark Thomas Malone out of UK who is an astrophysicist but not given to invention. I'm thinking "mad science 101".
But will wait to see the results of your email win52.

Vic

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I did find some other interesting information about Near Light Speed Propulsion using magnets. The amount of information on this that is out there seems to indicate that a lot of people are taking this seriously. It also is an indication that we may see the idea become a reality.

Startrek was called science fiction in the 60's, now 50 years later we are using a lot of things we used to consider science fiction.

And this type of field effect propulsion is the now-defunct NASA Breakthrough Propulsion Physics Program's very definition of a 'diametric drive', which functions by "creating an asymmetric field of force around itself without expelling reaction mass" and whose top speed would be limited only by relativity. Wikipedia has this to say: "It is unknown whether it is even physically possible to create such a field." But, as you will see, with the EDF Generator's advanced propulsion engineering it now surely is . . .

Star Drive System

There is quite a bit of research all pointing towards more economical ways to get from a to b.

posted on Jul, 31 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
A couple of things, just to stir things up. 'Mad Science 101' is the basis for a great deal of our present technology, such as the telephone, electric power and the airplane. A patent doesn't protect your idea or invention, it just lists it with a government and stops someone else from producing it for a period of 20 years. After that, it's fair game.

The interesting thing for me about the claims is the thrust and particle speed. Note that although the exhaust speed is 300,000,000 m/s, the thrust is 10^3 to 10^6 N. This is comparable to the 10^3 to 10^7 N thrust of chemical rockets. As I couldn't get past the password protect on the specs of the engine, I can only deduce that they have found a way to create a sustained expulsion of some very small particles. This would explain the high speed as the smaller the particle, the faster it can move. But as a small particle wouldn't create much thrust it takes more of them at a greater velocity to accomplish the same thrust. As there are a great many small particles to chose from, this leaves alot of ground to cover before one could claim that it was a hoax. Ion thrusters were science fiction until NASA started using them. I think that more information is required. So far they haven't violated any laws of physics.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join