It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a rare Prehistoric Shark???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
What do you think, seems a little plastic to me. Like the scuba divers are helping it along or something.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

What do you think??

[edit on 28-1-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Wow, whatever it is it looks truly bizarre.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
that was in the news a while back. it's a very deep water shark that was found in shallower waters and was brought in to try and study it and find out why it was swimming in waters that it is not usually found in. I am fairly sure it died.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
It looks like evolution gone wrong. The way it moves is so awkward looking
It is indeed real though.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It looks so plastic, so odd. Like fish out of water. Or in this case a deep water fish in shallow water.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the link... i won a free ipod!!!! my computer is running kinda slow now though

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
It's called a frill shark. This was filmed in Japan.

A shark with the ugly proportions of the pre-historic era has surfaced near Japan offering a rare view of this denizen of the deep.

The "Frilled Shark" is hardly ever seen because its habit is 600 metres or more below the ocean surface.

The creature's fear factor doesn't depend on it's color or shape or even it's size...

or does it...?

Yes, it is real and it's not something out of a horror movie.... even though it could star in a Jaws meets Jurassic Park sequel.

But it's not Hollywood cameras that shot this video......This...

- world.commongate.com...

It is in a state called "threatened". The last one spotted was in January of '07. The video you see is of the creature slowly dying which is why it seems like the swimmers are helping it along.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
Thanks for the link... i won a free ipod!!!! my computer is running kinda slow now though

Congradulations, you now have spyware.

The fish came to the surface to die. It was pretty old.

Fish normally look wierd before they get ready to die.

TheRanchMan

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
woah thats freaky ...

you notice that the eyes were all cloudy and white? i think thats probably because its sensitive to light because it lives in such deep waters as was said before.

poor sharky =[

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
awwwww it's all chillin.how cute

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Yeah I heard about that. I was very interested in the creature. I had hoped they would find an even bigger specimen at some point. Maybe they will. The earth is 70% water and we haven't even skimmed that estimate. Still many many wonders to be found in those depths. Maybe something like the ancient Leviathan.

Plus - I want one of them!!!

top topics

join