It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hacker McKinnon loses appeal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
As sad as I am to see him go down, he did break the law so I can't feel too sorry for him, he knew the risks and now he has to pay for them.

But I do agree that some of the information he accessed should be public, such as evidence of alien life and the like. I find it so unfair that some feel they have the right to keep information that could potentially further the human race secret.

The information on secret agents and military operations however, should be kept secret as people's lives depend on it.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
That's the price to pay for your intelligence though is it?
What are the next generation of computer geeks gonna find?
If the authorities carry on like that we may as well get rid of the internet and all this cyberspace stuff. We lived with it before we knew what it was.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well the higher governments obviously have something to hide. The public are allowed access to other scientific knowledge and information, it helps create scientists and researchers doesn't it. So why do they hide information about this particular branch?

The only reasons I can think of are if there is some kind of threat which would cause panic if it was realised by the public, or that the government uses this information for military purposes.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join