It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robin Meade and morning news...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Ya know, I love my morning news, but dear God, I hate watching Robin & Company. Why do I hate the show? Check this link out…

Click here!

What an unprofessional news anchor Robin Meade is! Okay, she’s sexy, I know. But I also want someone with brains to ask the really tough questions of the day. Not stuff like this, but questions like this!

My question is… why?

Snide casting couch comments aside, why would the CNN HLN oligarchy would bank on an amateurish journalist to head a major morning news show? Is it because we the teeming masses prefer to just oogle at the anchorwoman’s luscious legs? Do we want more news on stupid celebrities and less on serious matter on hand?

I guess it all boils down to “Is news important?” For Robin & Company, the answer is no.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
What I have notice is the news is not News anymore. But just a gossip show. A place to talk about current movies, whose dating whom, and what actress is showing herself today. The so called news today is a place to give their opinions and not the FACTS.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Wow, two pretty women on the News... I guess the news media finally learned that "sex" sells.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The media has all kinds of tricks up its sleeve. The television is already placing viewers into an alpha state. So once you have the sheeple under your control, how do you continue to dumb them down? With eye candy and useless information designed to look like news.

I do watch Robyn and Company every morning but I do so with caution (knowing what the media's agenda is) and today I was really aggravated that they were pushing this "send your text vote" as to whether Keith Richards snorted his deceased father's ashes with his coc aine. And it's not just this news show. It was on all of the major news websites as well.

There are important issues going on and they're distracting us with this crap?? It just goes to show that in their top-secret statistical information that they keep in a locked vault, it shows that America is nothing but a mass of idiots.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by annestacey]

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I don't get what is wrong with Robin & Company, I watch it if I'm awake
and don't have to rush out the door.

News is incredibly boring if you just have some old man tick items off a
list in a monotone voice, and thusly less people will actually watch the
news.

Add to that that there are not breaking news stories going on all the time,
so discussing leser things is good, ebcause it gets people to watch, who
will than actually see the real news when it happens.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
to your response, Iori, I'm not upset that a woman is reporting the news instead of a monotone old man ticking off items. I think Connie Chung is a damn fine anchor and reporter who's gotten a bad rap from the media moguls at CBS.

What I'm upset about is Robin Meade's unproffesional schoolgirl bursts and quips while she reports on the news as well as the intense coverage of celeb news on the show. True, there is so much news to report, but there's also there is so much news not being reported.

TV news should inform first and entertain second. That means a news show should give credence to stories that directly affect you and me and keep the celeb gossip to an absolute minimum.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I think the media is unfair to this whole campaign they keep slamming Palin for what she wears, how she phrases things. Give me a break I am a women and I don't always phrase things politically correct either. Maybe we should get the blooper videos out to see how many things were not said politically correct from you reporters. It just proves she is human. Lets talk about more important things like the church that the Obamas went to for 20 years that were anti american, the group of known terroist that Obama associates with, not wearing the american flag until recently. Bring up important facts not stupid crap like how much Palin spent on clothes. People ask if she can handle being a mom and vp well she did it being governor of Alaska so I'm guessing she could probably do both. Give fair coverage to both campaigns and not just all good for Obama cause then your fooling yourselves. Then me and many others wonder did you do for payoff or something to benefit you.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

top topics

join