It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The botched US raid that led to the hostage crisis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
sorry mauddib im not able to cut and paste only part of it.if you read last line you will see my thoughts on the so called iranian embassy,liason office or whatever the terrorist supporters have called it here.

[edit on 3-4-2007 by Xfile]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
People make this argument that Iran is supplying weapons to Iraqi "insurgents", and when you ask for proof they cite government sources which say that, and when you ask the government for proof, they show you pictures of weapons found in Iraq, which they say came from Iran, but when inspected closer, actually comes from Israeli intelligence agents.

www.globalresearch.ca... e&code=20070326&articleId=5188

Not to mention this same thing happened a few weeks ago, where british sailors were captured by Iranian forces in Iranian waters, and they let them go without iincident even though Britain didnt apologize.

Now it happens again, and this time they dont release them until theres an apology, Britain still refuses to apologize and admit they were in Irans waters. No, they have the nerve to just come out and say "these are our waters" (Iraq belongs to Britain by the way, in case you didnt know, the Bank of England owns Iraq, just like they own America)

It isnt the troops fault that they trespassed into Iranian waters, they were issued FALSE MAPS which were submitted to the military by Tony Blair, Im not saying this, insiders are saying it, one of them you can read here.

How I know Blair Faked Iran Map

And of course, the US botched a raid of Iranian officials, that surely mustve angered Iran even more, yet they are not falling into the trap by treating the captives badly.

The West wants war with Iran, and they have been trying to provoke Iran into some kind of military response, so they can go in and invade, but so far Iran is playing it smart.

We have got to stop this madness. Israel, Britain, America, all have said in the past we could attack Iranian sites, 200 of them, before they even respond, go look it up they actually have said this.

And look, once they do, and Iran chooses to defend themselves, youll see on the news "our precision bombers have just attacked key weapons facilities and terrorist stronghold in Iran, being careful to avoid civilian casualities. But, the Iranian military has engaged in battle with our heroes, oohh those evil terrorists, how dare they raise an arm to block a blow? How dare they fight back!"

Its discusting.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile
sorry mauddib im not able to cut and paste only part of it.if you read last line you will see my thoughts on the so called iranian embassy,liason office or whatever the terrorist supporters have called it here.

It's ok, I just was not certain why you were laughing. Thanks for explaining it. I didn't even notice your other post either.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWorker13
People make this argument that Iran is supplying weapons to Iraqi "insurgents", and when you ask for proof they cite government sources which say that, and when you ask the government for proof, they show you pictures of weapons found in Iraq, which they say came from Iran, but when inspected closer, actually comes from Israeli intelligence agents.

First of all, that article says that Israeli man is retired, and he is selling weapons to Iraqi insurgents.

I do have to wonder how reliable that article and information is since we all know that in general the Jewish people are not in very good terms with Islamic extremists.... So excuse me if I doubt that a "former Jewish officer" is now able to sell arms freely to Islamic extremists....

It isnt the troops fault that they trespassed into Iranian waters, they were issued FALSE MAPS which were submitted to the military by Tony Blair, Im not saying this, insiders are saying it, one of them you can read here.

The sailors were not offereed any "false maps"...

Let's get some information on territorial waters shall we?...

Territorial waters, or a territorial sea, is a belt of coastal waters extending at most twelve nautical miles (but possibly less, at the coastal country's discretion) from the shore of a littoral state that is regarded as the sovereign territory of the state, except that foreign ships (both military and civilian) are allowed innocent passage through it.

A sovereign state has complete jurisdiction over internal waters, where not even innocent passage is allowed. Territorial waters extend up to 12 nautical miles (22 km) from the mean low water mark adjacent to land, or from internal waters, as per the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea.

en.wikipedia.org...

So the map, which is even shown in that link you gave is right according to international law.

And of course, the US botched a raid of Iranian officials, that surely mustve angered Iran even more, yet they are not falling into the trap by treating the captives badly.

And I just gave links which show that one of those Iranian officers is the operations director of the Qud Forces, and he was in Iraq without the knowledge of Iraqi security officers....

BTW, these Iranian officers were arrested in Iraq...

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I wouldn't argue that Iran hasn't been supporting Shia groups in Iraq, they certainly have - both Shia militias and Iraqi political parties.

The Shia groups though have not engaged the coalition nearly as aggressively (we were, after all, getting Saddam off their necks) as the Sunni militants. Most of the trouble with the Shia groups (and all the trouble with the Iranians in Iraq) has been since the Al-Askari Mosque bombing and the ensuing civil strife.

The Irainian interference in Iraq now isn't primarily aimed at the US - it's aimed at the Iraqi Sunni's and their "foreign fighter" compatriots, in order to shore up their influence with Iraq's new Shia leaders.

My argument is not that the Iranians are angels, but that they're not escalating as this hostage issue has been portrayed, just playing a game of tit-for-tat.

he was in Iraq without the knowledge of Iraqi security officers....

Something tells me that this is doubtful.
Considering the closeness between much of the elected Iraqi government and the Iranians, it wouldn't surprise me if that's just what they're telling us.

[edit on 4/3/07 by xmotex]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 06:34 AM
link   

ABC News

A Pakistani tribal militant group responsible for a series of deadly guerrilla raids inside Iran has been secretly encouraged and advised by American officials since 2005, U.S. and Pakistani intelligence sources tell ABC News.

The group, called Jundullah, is made up of members of the Baluchi tribe and operates out of the Baluchistan province in Pakistan, just across the border from Iran. It has taken responsibility for the deaths and kidnappings of more than a dozen Iranian soldiers and officials.

"He used to fight with the Taliban. He's part drug smuggler, part Taliban, part Sunni activist," said Alexis Debat, a senior fellow on counterterrorism at the Nixon Center and an ABC News consultant who recently met with Pakistani officials and tribal members.

"Regi is essentially commanding a force of several hundred guerrilla fighters that stage attacks across the border into Iran on Iranian military officers, Iranian intelligence officers, kidnapping them, executing them on camera," Debat said.

Well that certainly sounds kind of "terroristic" - capturing and executing Iranian military officers; all sponsored by CIA and other intelligence agencies.

Yet some people turn a blind eye to that and always focus how Iran is provoking a civil war in Iraq, when we all know, there is very little provocation needed there, since people are already killing each other on daily basis with or without help from Iran. And let us not forget the former Israeli officers, who sell weapons to certain terrorist cells in Iraq. But then again, it is time to bash Iran - not America, right?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Oh I see... so your claims are debunked and then you post more news which "claims" that Pakistani guerrilla forces are doing the dirty job for the U.S.....

Riiiight....
Some people are so predictable....

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
My argument is not that the Iranians are angels, but that they're not escalating as this hostage issue has been portrayed, just playing a game of tit-for-tat.

How can it be tit for tat when the Quds officers were arrested in Iraq meanwhile the British sailors were arrested in Iraqi waters?...

One thing has nothing to do with the other. the Iranians went into Iraqi waters and arrested the sailors...

The Iraqis and U.S. have arrested Qud officers, and the director of operations of the Qud Force, and now the U.S. in Iraq and some want to claim this and what the Iranians did to the British sailors is the same?...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join