It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would Iran try to start a war with the west?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
There are reports that Hezbollah is scrambling to rearm as quickly as possible. Hamas and other groups in the Palestinian areas are rearming. Hamas has said if the west doesn't start giving them aid money in one month, they will withdraw from the unity govnt. And start attacking Israel. There are indications that Hamas is receiving arms and training. Iran continually states that it is their goal to see Israel wiped off the map.

I believe that Iran believes that if they and Syria can get the west bogged down in a war against three countries (Iraq, Iran and Syria), then Hezbollah and Hamas could launch a major attack against Israel.

I also believe that Iran believes that if the 12th Imam sees Israel being attacked, he will come back and help assure Israel will be defeated.

The bad thing I see about this situation; if this pans out like I think, I do not believe there will be any Divine intervention (for either side). Which means, most of the pain and suffering that results from this war will be felt by the Arabs/Muslims.

So, if Iran gets his plan off the ground; and there is no Divine Intervention, and the Arab/Muslim world gets spanked, will Arabs/Muslims blame Iran for starting the war? Or will the good-ole-US of A get the blame?

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I think unfortunately no matter the outcome, in that part of the world the US will always be the ones to blame.
Well, not the US persa'e, the US government.

Because this all started with 911 and Iraq.

If the prophecies are true though, the world after the next major war is going to be a world void of issues that made todays conflict.

Id like to think, Corporate greed, religion and all the monetry value in OIL will of been removed from the public's wish list after the war.

Well atleast thats what preying for.

A war is coming, but the world afterwards, is worth the sacrifice.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
If the prophecies are true though, the world after the next major war is going to be a world void of issues that made todays conflict.

IF the prophecies are true, yeah. I have never seen any evidence that ANY "Divine" prophecies have EVER come true. That's part of my point. A lot may be hinging on prophecies. What if we're being left to our own devices and allowed to just "do as thou wilt"? What if the guy in charge just sits back and lets US decide whether we want to survive as a race or kill ourselves off?

Id like to think, Corporate greed, religion and all the monetry value in OIL will of been removed from the public's wish list after the war.

I'd love to see that happen too, but again; some people seem to be putting a lot of faith in Divine intervention.

If that Divine Intervention doesn't pan out, then we could be facing a world with a lot more pain and suffering than before.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Well, most of us will die before we see 'if' it comes true.
Id rather hold onto hope, than dismiss it.

but, if we are in for suffering and so forth, thre's only so much people are going to take until they say the hell with it.
lets get it onnnnnnnn!

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
It demonstrates how dangerous belief can be, if you have a large community following it, and it tells them to do suicidal things. Tell them to start a war, and they will, even when there's no solid guarentee that this Mahdi guy will ever show up once they have throwed themselves in the deepest hole possible.

They can be a blind, thats their choice, but i wont have my life dictated by a book that tells of events thousands of years ago. Things that i havent experienced and things that have no value for me. I keep faith personal, so no trouble will come out of it. And i recognize evil when i see it, no matter how 'holy' a book can be.

Live a good life, help others, and stay out of starting meaningless fights, thats my call to extremists and those who just cant see past their closed worlds.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
just remember most who run our world, believe in the spiritual stuff and prophesies, even if you do not.

also alot of the spiritual stuff, people always think that it has to happen in a way that our eyes see it, which i do not think is the case. the bible is probably written so that none of us understand, but we assume that things have to have a meaning that we can see, which i don't agree with.

personally i think ran knows that usa will attack soon, and what other choices do they have, none probably, and they are trying to win a propaganda victory before it starts, whenever that is.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   
personally i think ran knows that usa will attack soon, and what other choices do they have, none probably, and they are trying to win a propaganda victory before it starts, whenever that is.

Possibly, but I personally feel they are trying to start a world war hoping it will give them, what they believe, is a fighting chance to destroy Israel. And I further believe that their Propaganda and Rhetoric is designed to goad the west into a war.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mammoth
It demonstrates how dangerous belief can be, if you have a large community following it, and it tells them to do suicidal things. Tell them to start a war, and they will, even when there's no solid guarentee that this Mahdi guy will ever show up once they have throwed themselves in the deepest hole possible.

They can be a blind, thats their choice, but i wont have my life dictated by a book that tells of events thousands of years ago. Things that i havent experienced and things that have no value for me. I keep faith personal, so no trouble will come out of it. And i recognize evil when i see it, no matter how 'holy' a book can be.

Live a good life, help others, and stay out of starting meaningless fights, thats my call to extremists and those who just cant see past their closed worlds.

Well put Mammoth! I also agree with this sediment. Religion/belief in is what drives man to destruction. It always has and always will. Empires have fallen and we destroy things most precious all in the name of religion.

Israel has been the key component since the beginning and with it's fall many religions believe that they can hasten the return of thier messiah by "wiping Israel off the map".

What it will result in is a world war because China and Russia are getting itchy now too and nobody will be the victor. Many people will die, our crops will be destroyed and everyone will suffer as a byproduct of a belief system engineered to result in our extinction.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Personally I don't think Iran is trying to start a war with the West.
For the Iranians the war with the West has been going on since we overthrew Mossadegh in 1953...

The RM hostage situation is just Iran attempting to throw a monkewrench into the timing of a US/UK strike against Iran they believe (correctly IMHO) is inevitable.

new topics

top topics

join