It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Iran's Nuclear threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Video: Iran's Nuclear threat

Source Link: cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com

Video: Iran's Nuclear threat/ A video showing just exactly what Iran's Nuclear theat is. Check it out and see if you think it is mass media disinformation or not.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
"People have said" and "if they can get them to work" are not exactly impressionable statements that mean anything. Who are these people that say?

Meanwhile the director of National Intelligence has said 2015. Im not a nuke expert but I thought it takes cascades of thousands to extract enough for bomb-making. They have about 1300 if the investigation is even accurate and even if with the newer P2 centrifuges I'd still say it sounds like its not a lot. If you google cascades and look at images you can see some pics where there are literally thousands of centrifuges to a cascade.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Wow it’s like 2002 all over again. Let’s throw out a bunch of numbers and see if we can get the people all scared. Mmm… does this mean a attack on Iran soon?

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
ABC news reports its possible to have enough enriched material in two years in agreement with Israeli estimates, US NIE estimates go out as far as 8 years - only the Iranians truly know which estimate is accurate.

As far as I'm concerned planning for the worst case is the only prudent course to follow unless and until Iran fully opens its programs to meaningful inspection.

Does that mean I believe a military attack on Irans nuclear facilities should be made right away? No I do not think so. On the other hand I do not believe endless diplomatic negotiation leads to any solution short of Iran successfully completing their quest.

Working with the worst case scenario, I believe a strict time limit shoud be communicated where diplomatic solutions are possible with Iran.

Six months should quite appropiate in this regard.

If after six months no meaningful opening of Irans nuclear facilities occurs along with ironclad safeguards then immediate strikes on nuclear infrastructure should occur by whatever coalition exists.

That should be the clear message to Irans leadership at this time.

16 years ago I would have said this entire subject should have been the UN's responsibility - history has shown the UN to be less than effective in these matters. The UN's do nothing dithering imho has a lot to do with why this has gotten to an either/or situation in the first place. The Iranian leadership knows they can push the limits and then throw a bone to the diplomats, continuing right along with their plans.

Sadly - only unilateral action either on the diplomatic front or militarily will work now - time may be short.

Act now or millions more will die later-on.

I know there are those who believe the Iranians are innocently enrichening uranium for strictly peaceful use and others who either shug their shoulders at Iran or say that Iran will be a responsible nation possessing nuclear weapons - I say to them,

With Irans decades long history of supporting terrorism how can you justify your confidence in what you say?

Whats to stop them from passing weapons along to terror groups once production has met in-country needs?

Then there are those who defend Irans getting nuclear weapons, maybe in the hope that it will come to pass that they are used against western nations in a terror attack - I have no respose to that as there is no hope of regaining your sanity anyway.

join