It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2003 --- THE YEAR IN THREADS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I'd like to try our own unique summary of, and tribute to the year 2003. A lot happened both in the world, and on ATS, that deserves our own style of tribute. Within this thread, I'd like to see our members post what you believe to be the most important, interesting, relevant, and historic threads form the past 12 months. I'd like to end up with no more than 30 threads, and we should make sure we have at least two threads from each month (using the first post's post-date, as the month date). When we're finished, I'll make a special ATS-2003 page with links and summaries of each thread. No points for this, since this is everyone's opportunity to look back at ATS in 2003, and create something of quality we can look back to with pride. Post your thread suggestions as a link to the thread, the start date, and a 1-2 sentence summary of why the thread was important to ATS in 2003.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   
There's a number in the science forum that I think are quite good (I tend to prefer the ones with links to good science, so I'm a bit biased. There were other interesting ones and I hope some of them will be nominated as well):

One that bears watching in the coming years (and is a good one to keep updated) --NASA's Project Prometheus:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Solar Flares produced in lab (yes, really)

The Mars Lander -- live (members did an excellent job of posting updates!)

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Well, if I was being immodest...

I'd say

On a more serious side, I'd also suggest the World wide seismic event thread:
For the sheer ridiculous size of it.

Perhaps also the Saddam captured thread, dexxy was very quick off the mark and updates were coming in fast.
(unfortunately entropy got to it after a while, but its heart was in the right place)

[Edited on 29-12-2003 by Kano]

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'd add this thread, for all the EXCELLENT links to good translations of Plato's material on the web:

(really, very well done, y'know?)

And on an older thread (June-ish) some attention should be given to the "Raelians Clone Baby" postings (one example here):

...we probably should point to the interminably long and inane "PLANET X/BIG HORKING COMETS IS COMING REAL SOON NOW!!!" threads all over the board as Nancy Liederer and cohorts spread the hysteria... but I'd rather uncharitably nominate that as a contender for the "Hysteria Of THe Month Club."

Can we have a "Hysteria of the Month" thread???? (I'm being wicked. I am. I'll go be ashamed of myself now.)

[Edited on 29-12-2003 by Byrd]

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 09:44 AM
link   
These three are very important because of the interest on the internet in the earth changes that have been happening.

They are also partly responsable for the increased interest to ATS. These threads would not be so popular if it wern't for Dragonrider, Valhall and several others who contributed.

World Wide Seismic Event...

Comet is comming fast and huge!!!

Explosive situation in Yellowstone

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Well, we're all going to answer with our own preferences and bias.

World Wide Seismic Event...this is the thread that brought me here...

Explosive situation in Yellowstone...

latest terror message (hanmannpi.com)...I believe this thread may have caused a mind-shift in a lot of us. I believe that some of us feel we had an epiphany of sorts because of this thread. All of a sudden the lightbulb came on and we realized what ATS could be to us that want to stay aware and alert...I think this thread has affected me personally the most since I've been here.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Heres A Classic. MaskedAvatar's Pocket Guide To Banned Members.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The "who is Simon Gray" contest I believe should be included it brought in the some pretty good theories to shed some light on the mysterious man

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
also the thread about william seeing ATS during a newscast, we now know that ats is becoming really popular

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

World Wide Seismic Event...this is the thread that brought me here...

Just how did you find out about the above thread???

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well, let's see...it's kind of meandering.

I am a long-time member on another board (which has pretty much been dead for about 7 years now, but I still check in every once in awhile...). Some one posted a link to an earthquake message board and I started checking it every once in awhile. But I never could get real interested in it.

So, I did a search against message boards and something...I dont' remember what, but it led me to here and the WWS thread hooked me in jaw! LOL!

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I don't think there's been a single thread that stands out in my mind. I've bounced around the outside of a lot of forums and threads... and I was impressed by most. I think that a lot of the short story forum deserves recognition, because we writers on there can really get the short end of the stick. I think that everyone should check it out, because a lot of people bare their souls there. It takes a lot of courage to open up like that.

The fiction forum has really been the quantum leap for me. It means that we're really coming together as a community, we trust each other and we're more than willing to share.

DE

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Anything authored by me (ok, at least one thread authored by me---The Colonel on Republicans)

[Edited on 29-12-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Something from the realm of HIGH DRAMA should get a nod. It was before my time, but the Lieder groupies seemed to have made an impact. Time will tell if Trainforthis can survive. But there are some imitators out there now trying to stir up crap I think. So acknowledge "the best of the worst!"

Aside Rant:
For me, once someone admits they just make up crap and say things to get responses for pyschology papers, they should be ignored or banned... but they certainly deserve acknowledgement if they pull it off!

"Everyone on ATS is stupid (then later in same thread) and I just mess with them for psychology papers" www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now let's see who bites on "Atheists are Stupid!"
www.abovetopsecret.com... (I have another paper due)

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The thread I created thinking DR copped all of our posts and was pasting them on another website... That was "MISTAKE GRANDUER"! heh heh...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This has got to be the BEST THREAD EVER

top topics

join