It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary McKinnon has just lost battle to stop extradiction...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Briton loses extradition fight over US military hacking

The British national, Gary McKinnon, today lost his high court bid to avoid extradition to the US for allegedly carrying out the "biggest military computer hack of all time".

guardian

looks like he has lost his battle. like many said here and elsewhere, you do not mess with the guys that run these things, it could seriously mess up yours and your families lifes.

plenty of people do very stupid things these days, but he decided to mess around in really big things, and it looks like usa have got him.

does he have a right to appeal, or does he go straight to usa now.

[edit on 4/3/2007 by andy1033]

[title]

[edit on 3-4-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I hope he appeals or failing that, that he manages to go into hiding.

Screw the USA trying to dominate the world.

Some British pot-head, nerd snooped around and they want to use him as a scapegoat... no way.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
but what rights does he have in an appeal, and do appeals actually work in cases like these?

also can you really hide from people like the ones he upset.

its going to be interesting what actually happens.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
He's got more rights to appeal than the USA has to try and pinch him for snooping around.

This is a perfect example of why we need disclosure. So truthseekers like Gary are not victimised for snooping around. The US MIC should be the ones on trial for all of their crimes against humanity.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Yeah poor old Garry.

British people can sign the petition to the prime minister to try and stop this injustice:

petitions.pm.gov.uk...

[edit on 3-4-2007 by Dr X]

[edit on 3-4-2007 by Dr X]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Thats what you get when you mess around with the USA and then try to make them look like a fool.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Well depending what you read, Garry wasn't trying to make anyone look like a fool. The USA managed to do that themselves with the lax and easily penetrated computer system that he managed to access with some pretty basic kit.

Yeah the US looks stupid but that is their fault. Garry is taking the hit because he highlighted the weaknesses in the system.

As was mentioned earlier, he is not an uber-terrorist like the US is making out. He's just a dumb guy looking for evidence of UFO contact.

The extradition thing is just BS though. We have perfectly good laws in the UK that could have dealt with him. Now he is being made an example of. It's a poor show that the UK gov has thrown this guy to the wolves.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
On a sophistication scale, this hackjob was actualy very basic and mostly the fault of the administrators that maintained the systems accessed.

Like leaving your Bugatti Veyron in your driveway with the keys on it AND a million in cash in the trunk.

The more the US tries to get him extradited, the more credence they give to what Garry sais he found out about their involvement with UFO's imho.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
G_man- but do you remember when he started implying that he had more info hidden in case they deported him. this is what i think the above poster meant when he said he was making them look foolish.

he was mistaken in believeing that you can hide anything from these people, because you cannot.

but like i said above, for being stupid, plenty seem to fall into this sort of trap. but these are people you never mess around with, and never try to threaten them with hidden info, because it would just make them worse.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by G_man
Well depending what you read, Garry wasn't trying to make anyone look like a fool. The USA managed to do that themselves with the lax and easily penetrated computer system that he managed to access with some pretty basic kit.

Yeah the US looks stupid but that is their fault. Garry is taking the hit because he highlighted the weaknesses in the system.

As was mentioned earlier, he is not an uber-terrorist like the US is making out. He's just a dumb guy looking for evidence of UFO contact.

The extradition thing is just BS though. We have perfectly good laws in the UK that could have dealt with him. Now he is being made an example of. It's a poor show that the UK gov has thrown this guy to the wolves.

Actually he was searching for "free energy sources" and stumbled across a picture of an "Alien" space craft.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Heres the interview,I think John Reid is a very weak man for allowing the extradition of Gary Mckinnon,hes probably going to be housed at Guantanamo bay.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
What gets my goat with this is that several British soliders are killed by friendly fire in Iraq, and the US goverment will not allow its soliders to even be interviewed never mind extradited for the coroners court here in the UK, but when the US goverment wants something, the UK goverment folds. pathetic if you ask me!!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Poor man, they are going to crucify him in the states.

Yes it was a very unsophisticated attack, basically scanning .gov machines for nul (blank) passwords on admin accounts.

The UK authorities originally suggested he would receive a 6 month community service punishment.
He faces up to 70 years imprisonment in the USA, and also a chance of being detained as a terrorist. (He complained the orange jump suits would clash with his red hair)

From all the stories I have read about him, they mostly state, he was caught before he downloaded any sensitive images/documents, although it would be interesting to see what is disclosed, now his appeal has failed.

I find it shocking that the UK would deliver prisoners to a regime that is accused of torturing detainees.

Free Gary

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I kinda wonder if he had not fought the extradition and went along with the flow ,if they would have just knocked the charge down to a lesser charge and got ...maybe 6 months; however they are coming down hard on computer crimes these days.This does seem like they are trying to make an example out of him though.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
here is him on richard and judy, a program in the uk.

Google Video Link

he knows he is in real trouble there.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
this is insane. he's being charged for alleged damages. it's complete bs. the dude used a java form of pc anyhwere onto machines with blank passwords and even spoke with a security officer through wordpad/screensharing. so !"!Hga insane that you send some to prision for 60 years for being curious and peeking at your stuff when rapists and murders get a slap on the cheek and are let loose in the wild.

makes me freaking furious when i think of it. there is ZERO justice in this.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
"What gets my goat with this is that several British soliders are killed by friendly fire in Iraq, and the US goverment will not allow its soliders to even be interviewed never mind extradited for the coroners court here in the UK, but when the US goverment wants something, the UK goverment folds."

Thats a very good point.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
In all likelihood, he'll probably get tried, convicted, and then whisked off to a nice cushy g-job hacking for the man, lol!!!

Well, lets hope so at least...

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
In the article it states that he actually was researching Government UFO coverups when he was hacking.

I wonder if he was/is a ATS member - does anyone know

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valorian
In the article it states that he actually was researching Government UFO coverups when he was hacking.

I wonder if he was/is a ATS member - does anyone know

The article is wrong, i've seen the interviews with Gary. He clearly stated he was looking for free energy sources(zero-point). While doing so he stumbled on a photo of an Alien space craft, and found out that Nasa actually erases them before shown to the public, he found nothing of a zero-point energy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join