It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

armstrong on 60 minutes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
John Lear mentions:

Of course, the real story, as many of us know is that there were 2 saucers on the ground in the primary landing area and that is why they had to overfly and find someplace else to land. And we all thought it was great of Neil to bring the subject up on his '60 Minutes' interview when he really didn't have to.

Anyone seen this or know of a YouTube?

Cheers ~ L

Ack

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I sure hope someone has the video because I would love to hear him flat-out saying that. I wish I had caught the episode in reference.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Might have found what you are looking for...

I briefly ran over the transscript and couldn't find anything about him talking about saucers... Although he does talk about changing landing sites because the autopilot almost made them land in a crater.

Transscript here

The associated video can be found to the right of the transscript. It's named "The first man on the moon". I'm gonna watch it now to see if it follows the above text...

Have fun ^^

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Hey,

Yeah I already looked at that but nothing was there. Might have to ask John himself since I can find no reference of it other than that he took over from auto to manual control.

Thanks anyway though!
Cheers ~ L

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Found the Nov 6, 2005, 60 Min interview with the late Ed Bradley. It's the text version, three pages, not all that long. Could not find anything huge said except Armstrong seems to be saying something about that landing in riddle form.

www.cbsnews.com...

Dallas

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
lol riddle form? all accounts of the landing are exactly the same except john leers.

they were heading for trouble so manually overshot and almost ran out of fuel. why do you find that so hard to beleive?

posted on Apr, 7 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lasse
John Lear mentions:

Of course, the real story, as many of us know is that there were 2 saucers on the ground in the primary landing area and that is why they had to overfly and find someplace else to land. And we all thought it was great of Neil to bring the subject up on his '60 Minutes' interview when he really didn't have to.

Anyone seen this or know of a YouTube?

Cheers ~ L

I've never seen the slightest evidence of this claim. The complete descent videos are publically available (I have a copy), and you can see the crater he is trying to avoid.

top topics

join