It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Loud Sound From Sky (March 30th, 2007)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by anathema777

Your case sounds all too familiar. I have been witnessing the same phenomena for the last 7 to 10 years. It always occurs between 12am and 5am. I hear it maybe 4-5 times a year. In my account it sounds like loud rumbling w/ a faint humming sound. I would compare it to a large bowling alley in the sky with constant action. On 10/11/08 was the only time I can actually say that I saw something in correspondence with the sound. It was around 5 am I was watching a movie with Tommie Lee Jones and Charlize Theron called "In the Valley of Ella", that’s when I heard the rumbling. I turned the television down all the way and listened for about 10 seconds longer to confirm what I was hearing. After that I rushed to my window which is located on the 2nd flr. and saw a figure with an undefined shape that had triangular shaped red lights flashing in the middle or under it, and it had a sphere of white lights shining around the border of the figure. It didn’t move at the speed id expect a UFO to move however it wasn’t slow. It may have been moving at about 10-15 miles per minute. It proceeded north for about 10 miles then headed west for the next 5 miles before disappearing. The account lasted only a few minutes, though it was so eerie that I actually got goose bumps from the experience. I'm happy to see that I'm not crazy. Thanks for your story.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Here is a report I filed in 2001

Date: March 13, 2001 23:00
County: Milwaukee

Source: National UFO Reporting Center

Details of Incident:

11:00 PM I work at home in my basement. Went upstairs to get a snack & watch a little Jay
Leno. Got ready to go downstairs. Heard a rumbling noise that made me curious but had lots of
computer work to do so I didn't go outside to investigate. I work at my computer with ear phones
listening to music. Vaguely aware that the rumbling noise was louder and vibrating the house. My
wife was helping our youngest son with his homework. They were on the 2nd floor. My wife
called me on the phone and said I should come up and figure out what was making noise. By the
time I came up stairs the noise suddenly stopped. My 15 yr old daughter came out of her bedroom
where she had just turned out the lights to go to bed. The noise was so loud that she thought she
would look our her window. She said Holy S**t I think I just saw a meteor. She described a light
as big as a basket ball twice the height of trees flash across the sky. As soon as she saw the light
the noise stopped abruptly. My wife's ears were hurting because of the loud noise. She had the
sensation that it was passing slowly over our house from a SW to NE direction. The next day I
talked to several neighbors who all reported hearing the loud sound. One of our neighbors looked
out the door and didn't see anything but said the sound was deafening and frightened her shaking
the whole house. Another neighbor said she went all the way out to her drive way and looked up
in the sky (clear night) and saw no lights but couldn't figure out what was making such a loud
noise (like a squadron of jumbo jets.) Two weeks later I talked to a friend about the noise and him
and his wife said they heard something just like I described on that same night. My friend lives
about 5 miles SW of where I live. I called the airport. They said they were testing engines at about
that time. But I hear them testing engines all the time. Seldom more than 2 or 3 minutes at a time.
Since Mitchell International Airport is 3 miles away the sound never is very loud.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I suspect you've already fingered the source, but dismissed it. We get these night roars a few times a year where I live. They can occur at any time, but the nightime events seem more forbidding. They last anything from a few minutes to half an hour and are arguably the noisest sound you'll ever hear.

It's due to the release of high pressure steam at the power plant. These plants generate super heated steam at several thousand psi pressure and they ocassionally have to test the relief valves in order to satisfy the regulations on plant safety, etc. That's what causes the roar. The first time you hear it can be quite scary.

WG3

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This response is almost two years after the entry I have read today, but I have just come across it. We have had this happen in our neighborhood in North Carolina three times...all in the day time...and the third one was just today. When I did a Google search of this topic, I ran across this entry. Just to let you know....we have experienced this, too. Looked all around outside....saw nothing but a perfectly clear, cloudless sky. Nothing anywhere, not even at the horizon level. The sound was very loud and consistent, not getting stronger or weaker. Have no idea what it could be.. Strange, isn't it? Wish I could help you determine what it is, but couldn't even begin to guess!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
i know this is an old thread... but its all i could find on the event that me and my wife had witnessed.
09/16/2010 in spokane washington in the shadle area at 9:30am to 10:00am.

my wife and i were eating in our living room and we heard a loud deep sound. my wife looked at me and said "wow that plane is really close" i agreed and whent my way eating. 5 min later it was still loud if not louder. it shook my body and house. honestly the only thing i could compare it to is if a helacopter was landing on my house. the wife jumped up and whent out side to look for aircraft and to see if our neighbors heard and felt it as well. no one came out, it was as if we were the only ones able to hear/feel it. i ran to put a shirt on. during this, the sound did not fade nor did it crackle. we both whent out back and looked to the sky no aircraft anywhere just a few light clouds. the sound drowned out any other "background noise" to the point all i could hear is the sky. the air was still, a very unique feeling came over my wife and me. it lasted close to and around a half hour. as it (imo) moved on, all the dogs in my area began to bark for a few minuts, then it lightly rained for a couple seconds then the birds came in chirping. i have never experienced this before and or heard of this. i know it wasnt an aircraft because it seemed that nature itself reacted to what had happend.
so today (09/17/10) i went online to search for anything close to what we had experianced. i was told by a friend that it could have been "rolling thunder". so i got on youtube and looked up continous thunder. what i found and heard on youtube was not the same. if i had to discribe the sound the only thing i could compare it to was a jet/helacopter and or thunder but not the same. almost as if there was a loud sound travleing through a tunnle, but the tunnle being the sky. i joind this forum only because of this thread. again i know its an old one but if the op sees this i would greatly appreciate to talk about this with some one who seems to have "seen" the same thing.

ps sorry for the many spelling errors

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Loud sound out of nowhere : In the past week I have heard a loud sound in the sky that seems to come from nowhere. It is like a jet just dropped out of the sky over the house with no warning, but I haven't seen anything. It has happened twice during the day. I believe the first two times it was in the afternoon. I really didn't pay too much attention in the beginning because it was during the day. The last time it happened was this morning around 5:00 a.m. I believe. The date is 4/2/11. I found you guys by searching the internet for answers. I live in Brunswick, GA on Ellis St. near P St. We are only about three blocks or so from the ocean where there are a lot of shrimping boats parked. I hope this helps in some way to figure out what is going on. If I had to explain in different ways what it sounds like; the following should give you a good idea. 1: All of a sudden there is an airliner over the house flying very very low, but you didn't hear it coming. The sound was just there all of a sudden. I haven't seen anything associated with the sound. We are covered with huge trees, but should see something this large and close 2: You are standing beside a high pressure washer being sprayed on a car right by your ears. 3: There is a military plane getting ready to take off from a carrier and you are standing very close to it. 4: There is a street sweeper and you are lying in the front of it. These are the sounds it reminds me of and the loudness of it leaves you thinking you should be seeing something making the sound. Just a side note: You can go to Google Earth and see that there is no way a carrier could be sitting right by us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join