It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Loud Sound From Sky (March 30th, 2007)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Incident Occured on: March 30th Between 4:00 - 4:30am

I'm not sure which thread I should have put this in so I just smacked it in Aliens&UFOs.

I heard a very, very loud consistent Jet Engine (except much louder and somehow different) like sound that lasted for approx 30 minutes. The sound never seemed to get further away but a few times almost sounded as if it were getting closer, but then as I would anticipate it to get closer and/or louder it wouldn’t. The sound seemed to be coming from east of where I am at, which is Monroe, Michigan (South East Michigan).

I have never heard anything like this before. It was a clear night, no storms anywhere in the region and I didn’t have any sighting of a Jet or Airplane of any kind either. In fact I had my camera out and was standing on the roof taking pictures of the Moon and was so hoping that I would get to maybe see some Black Ops plane or something fly by at super sonic speeds and attempt to take a picture of it.

The only thing that kept going through my mind was that night time is the best time for the Military to fly there top secret planes from point A to B but for some reason this just didn’t seem like an airplane to me. Most of the time when I see a jet plane fly by it progressively gets louder and louder until it is at its closest point to you, then the sound of the jet passing by slowly decreases and eventually fades away into nothingness.

On the other hand when a jet is far way from you and is flying by you in a parallel direction to the point you are at the sound is fairly consistent but still the sound will increasingly get louder as the jet approaches being straight out in front of you (lets just say its flying from the east, heading in a westerly direction) and then the sound will fade away as its distance between you and it increase.

If this is what happened the other night then Im confused because I’ve never had a jet take about 30 minutes to fly by me all the while sounding loud as hell. This thing was loud enough to just barely drown out the sound of a train about 300 yards from me honking its horn as it’s passing by. I could just make out the sound of the train honking its horn over the racket this sound was causing. Interestingly enough I was on ATS getting advice on how to set my camera up to shoot the Moon when the sound came out of no where. The loud roaring sound is the reason I decided to go outside and give the Moon shots another go. The whole while I had this excited, overwhelmingly interested feeling come over my whole body as something inside me kept telling m that this sound I was hearing was not normal.

Whatever it was it fo sure was one of the loudest sounds I’ve ever heard come from the sky and it also lasted longer then any jet I’ve heard as it is flying by.

Anyway Im sure it could have been something completely mundane or just a Jet flying real slow across the horizon and making a loud ruckus, but I do not know for sure. I’ve decided to post the incident in case some of you ATS’ers have had, heard, or know of any weird test, phenomena or similar strange events like this that are NOT the direct result of a plane flying around at night. Please refrain from flammin me for posting this incident if you feel it is mundane and pointless. I only fdecided to post it more or less in case there is something to it and if it is an unusual event that has happened in other places.

Thanks in advance for any incite you guys might shed on this event.

~Anathema

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I hope you got some good moon shots.

Future Reference:
(PS That camera you have has a sound recorder mode and can also record sound in movie clips)

Thanks for sharing the story. If the noise was as loud and as long as you said it was that is strange.

Sound is not always associated with UFO's, but in some cases it is. I have heard of several cases involving a dull rumbling, but I have never read about a noise as loud as what you have described in a UFO case.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Secret military hypersonic craft such as scramjets are my first suspicion.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Secret military hypersonic craft such as scramjets are my first suspicion.

They are SO "secret" but yet you know all about them huh because you are just such a special little conspiracy guy right... *Top Secret* to most of society, but not secret to uberarcanist!

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
I hope you got some good moon shots.

Future Reference:
(PS That camera you have has a sound recorder mode and can also record sound in movie clips)

Thanks for sharing the story. If the noise was as loud and as long as you said it was that is strange.

Sound is not always associated with UFO's, but in some cases it is. I have heard of several cases involving a dull rumbling, but I have never read about a noise as loud as what you have described in a UFO case.

First off heres a link to my first set of shots ater getting help from you guys setting my camera up. It looks like a full Moon out tonight and skies are clear so round two will be coming shortly.

Moon Shots w/ Canon S3-IS:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for the input on the event that took place with me. I just noticed you posted that you have the same camera as me in the thread I was asking for help in. That is the only other thread where I mentioned this loud sound event taking place (the threa I linked above). If you look there I kinda mentioned that the reason I went out to get the first set of moon shots after getting help tweeking my camera was because of the loud sound coming from outside. If the lod sound had not occured I might not have taken any more Moon pictures that night as I still didn't have all the settings set to my likeing and was still waiting on more help from someone with knowledge of my specific camera.

Thanks for the insite buddy.

~Anathema

P.S. Dulcimer,
I posted that video you linked to earlier today about the UFO in Neilburg Dulcimer's UFO Video Thread on Youtube Neilburg UFO Video I posted at YouTube and credited you as the reason it even made it to Youtube. I did this in hopes of bringing new members to ATS to discuss the video (I posted all relevent information about ATS in the video description on Youtube and invited anyone who watched it or had general interest in that kid of stuff to come over to ATS and register for free.) I find myself often promoting AboveTopSecret.Com anywhere I leave a footprint at on the Internet these day, I just love this place and want to see it keep on growing!!

[edit on 4/3/2007 by anathema777]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Your moon shots are great. They look like an egg with an embryo in it.

Sounds like an interesting occurance to see that clear sighting of the moon while something so unfamiliar was going on with the noise.

Did I missunderstand or did you not see a plane at any point during the 30 minutes of sound? That would make me think something was up!

You did a good job at describing in detail.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
Your moon shots are great. They look like an egg with an embryo in it.

Sounds like an interesting occurance to see that clear sighting of the moon while something so unfamiliar was going on with the noise.

Did I missunderstand or did you not see a plane at any point during the 30 minutes of sound? That would make me think something was up!

You did a good job at describing in detail.

Nope, there was no sighting of a plane or anything, thats part of why it was weird. If you re-read the post you can see why it was a weird event.

Thanks for the compliment on the photos and my explanation of the loud noise event. I've learned that it serves best to give detail the first time around as it doesn't leave as many questions needing to be answered and because of that people need not waste time having to ask for info that should have been given by the source poster to begin with and can instead focus their efforts on finding a reason or hypothosis for why said event might have occured, or what the source of said event might have been.

~Anathema

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The timing of it wasn't in connection to land movement anywhere nearby or even distant earth quakes, volcanoes and the ilk?

Roaring.. hrm...

Do you recall losing any time? Have any physiological effects the next day or even the same night? Just asking in case your curiosity invited reciprocal curiosity?

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Looking at a map of Monroe you have a small airport on the other side of Telegraph rd. Having lived around many airports including Detroit Metro, and having worked at one, what I think you heard was a engine test run-up. The sound would not change much because the plane is not moving, only the throttle would be changing its pitch some. The sound of an Engine being tested late at night carries an extremely long distance.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Looking at a map of Monroe you have a small airport on the other side of Telegraph rd. Having lived around many airports including Detroit Metro, and having worked at one, what I think you heard was a engine test run-up. The sound would not change much because the plane is not moving, only the throttle would be changing its pitch some. The sound of an Engine being tested late at night carries an extremely long distance.

Would help if perhaps he could verify the largest plane allowed at the airport. Armed with that information, it could be determined what size and volume of noise the engines in question could make during a test run-up. No?

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Would help if perhaps he could verify the largest plane allowed at the airport. Armed with that information, it could be determined what size and volume of noise the engines in question could make during a test run-up. No?

Unfortunately no, that is not going to help much.
From the satellite photo it looks like it’s a private airport, but even a private airport can support private and corporate jets. A jet engine during a test run-up is horribly loud, I used to hear Delta’s maintenance facility running them a good ten miles north of Tampa International late at night. When they run tests it’s much louder then when the aircraft is flying as they often have the engine cowling cracked open to check various things inside. A lot of your sound baffling is provided by the engine cowling, this is why you can normally only hear an aircraft that is flying when it’s facing away from you. To make matters worse, both the concrete and any buildings in that area are going to make that sound echo and amplify it.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
V Kaminski and anyone else who wants more details,

The following is a set of pictures from google earth giving the layout of my surrounding area as per a request by V Kaminski. He wanted to know where the railroad was in relation to my home and I have also included another interesting feature that lies to the east of my home (the direction which I heard the sound come from).

My Surrounding Area:

My House:

The Railroad:

My House, Railroad, and Fermi 2 (Which is North East of my home):

Fermi 2:

The Distance Between Fermi 2 and My Home:

I hope this information helps you all put yourself into my perspective the night of the loud roar, March 30th 2007 at 4:00 - 4:30 am. Please feel free to ask any more questions and if you need more data from Google Earth then just ask.

~Anathema

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

The airport in Monroe is only for small aircraft like Cessna's. It is not a commuter Airport where people fly in and out all day long. They only offer flight training, short commutes, aircraft rentals, general aviation maintenance, and corporate offerings for corporate clients.

Monroe Custer Airport -

Monroe Aviation is focused on developing a strong flight school program, charter service, full service general aviation maintenance service, and corporate offerings developed specifically for corporate clients.
Planes at Monroe Custer Airport are: Cessna 172SP - N52773, Cessna 172 - N6542H, Cessna 150 - N714HY, and the Cessna 150 - N6981G

I would have to guess that if it was something from that airport that it would have required about 30-50 planes there to all fire up at once (very tongue in cheek statement). As you can see in the pictures below the planes allowed at the airport in Monroe are very tiny and I am gonna go out on a limb here and say that there is NO WAY that is what I heard the other night. So I think perhaps we can say Custer Airport could not have been the cause of what I was hearing not only because of the small planes and small runway that doesn’t allow large aircraft, but also because of the fact that Custer Airport is to the West of my home and the noise was being emitted from the East.

I hope these Google images help as they take me a little time to find, edit, prepare, upload and then correctly implement into my replies (I add one image at a time, copy the post and hit "Preview Post" and if all is well I paste what I had copied back into the text box and add the next image. I repeat this process over and over until the post is done and all the images are in working order on the thread. Do any of you have to use this same method as Im talking about? Cause every time I hit preview post it shows my changes at the top of the page (what the post would look like) but in the text box everything is in the same state the post was in before I edited it (hence having to keep copying before I hit preview post, and pasting after I preview the post). Let me know if they are coming in handy in relation to this thread please

Custer Airport in Monroe, MI:

Hangar & Planes at Custer Airport in Monroe, MI:

Distance Between My Home & Custer Airport in Monroe, MI:

The only other major airport is Detroit Metro and that is about 20 miles north of Monroe and honestly we don’t see too much traffic from there around here. When planes from there do fly by here they are already at cruising altitude. The only way to see one on approach and start to get lower for landing is by traveling about 20 minutes north of here and you can then see them coming in for landing from the WEST.

Image w/Distance between my home in Monroe & Detroit Metro Airport:

The sound I heard was very much being emitted from the EAST of my home. I posted some pictures from Google Earth in the above post to use as a reference pertaining too the loacation of the railroad tracks and the Fermi 2 Nuclear Power Plant in relation to my home.

Hope this helps hon.

~Anathema

[edit on 4/3/2007 by anathema777]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Unfortunately no, that is not going to help much.
From the satellite photo it looks like it’s a private airport, but even a private airport can support private and corporate jets. A jet engine during a test run-up is horribly loud, I used to hear Delta’s maintenance facility running them a good ten miles north of Tampa International late at night. When they run tests it’s much louder then when the aircraft is flying as they often have the engine cowling cracked open to check various things inside. A lot of your sound baffling is provided by the engine cowling, this is why you can normally only hear an aircraft that is flying when it’s facing away from you. To make matters worse, both the concrete and any buildings in that area are going to make that sound echo and amplify it.

The sound I heard was so very loud, it was very interesting to say the least. It's the first time I heard something like that and as a result was compelled to stick half my body out the window for like 6-8 minutes from my bedroom facing west trying to figure out what the hell it was or catch a glimpse at some monster sounding military black box craft. It took me a few minutes to realise that it was coming from behind my house from the east. I proceeded to grab my Canon S3-IS camera and jumped out on the roof (facing the east) snapped about 200 pictures of the Moon real quick and took some pictures in the direction of fermi and some smoke stacks in hopes of catching something I couldn't see with the naked eye.

I stil havent gone through all the pictures yet and contrasted thm to see if there is something there because I wanted to make this post first and see if there was/is really any reason for me to persue this any further than I already have. If more comes out of this I may find myself CS2'ing the hell out of some photos looking for the mamba or aurora or something

~Anathema

P.S. Thanks for the insite so far my friend, its good to see some people actually taking a second to try and help me figure this out even if it does (most liekly) turn out to be something usual and mundane. Thank you kindly!

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by anathema777
The sound I heard was so very loud, it was very interesting to say the least. It's the first time I heard something like that and as a result was compelled to stick half my body out the window for like 6-8 minutes from my bedroom facing west trying to figure out what the hell it was or catch a glimpse at some monster sounding military black box craft.

A fighter jet is going to be really loud if they use their Afterburner, but that is certainly not going to last for 30 minutes. When I used to work at TIA and the F-16’s would do Touch and Go’s, and hit their AB’s on our runway it would literally rattle the hurricane windows in the building. I would think that most of your new Black Ops stuff is going to be quieter, not louder, as they are made for stealth. Some of the older military aircraft are extremely loud though. Sulfridge AFB used to house both F-4’s and B-52’s, which are loud enough that I have seen people hit the deck when they fly by. looking at google maps I don’t see any parked there when that photo was taken, so it's possible they are all in Iraq or their units have been disbanded.

napped about 200 pictures of the Moon real quick and took some pictures in the direction of fermi and some smoke stacks in hopes of catching something I couldn't see with the naked eye.

I cannot think of any reason that the sound would be coming from Fermi, it was my understanding that they were shutting that down years ago anyway. I have a friend that works for them; I can try and ask him if he would know of anything there that would make a loud rumbling sound, but I have a feeling that the answer is going to be no.

You are right near Lake Erie, maybe it was something out on the lake, a cargo ship unloading coal or something. The lake is like a huge echo chamber with no obstructions.

I still think that a Jet engine run up is most likely your culprit, I cannot imagine much else that would fit your description and last for as long as 30 minutes. If it had been some kind of moving aircraft it would last maybe 10 minutes max before it started to fade out.

S. Thanks for the insite so far my friend, its good to see some people actually taking a second to try and help me figure this out even if it does (most liekly) turn out to be something usual and mundane. Thank you kindly!

No problem, that is what I am here for…

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Wait a minute!
You had your camera out attempting to film it????
So why not post the video so we can hear the jet sound????
This could just be a figment of your imagination!!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
i thought sulfridge afb had been closed down years ago?

and what does fermi 2 do, anyway?

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2
Wait a minute!
You had your camera out attempting to film it????
So why not post the video so we can hear the jet sound????
This could just be a figment of your imagination!!!!

Well for starters I wasn't video taping anything with audio attached. I was snapping pictures of the Moon. As a side note my Camera at the moment does have a 4 gig SD Card in it and does have the ability to video record and capture audio. In fact the video camera in the Canon S3-IS is rated better then most standalone video cameras.

As I said earlier I was getting help from some members here at ATS for setting my camera to the right settings for getting good moon shots. I wasn't planning on going back out that night to take more pictures until I could get the proper information I needed to get the best shots of the moon possible. I did gain enough information to possibly warrent going out and snapping a few test shots to see if there would have been any progression between my first set of shots that were crap, and the new set of shots with the new (partial) settings (noting again that I still didnt have all the information I needed to get the quality of shots that I wanted yet). So I was sitting at the computer when I started to notice this loud as hell noise coming from outside, I decided to investigate. I poked th upper half of my body out my bedroom window (Im repeating my self here cause this is all posted above) and listened for a bit and just ended up getting even more curious and fascinated at the same time. I grabbed my camera and hopped out on the roof behind my house ( I live on the third floor and jumped onto the sunporch roof that covers that room which resides on the second floor). I started snapping some pictures of the moon and continued listening to the crazy loud ass sound for some time. I kept looking towards the East as thats where the sound was loudest and seemed to be coming from. In all honesty it sounded very much like a jet but it just seemed different for the following reasons.

1.) It lasted for longer then any one period of jet flight I have ever heard, including having been at a blue angels show a few times in my life.

2.) The pitch and decible of the sound didn't really fluxuate at all. The only time it did is when I thought it might be getting closer to me but in the end I believe that was just logic kicking in. I figured if it wasn't getting any quieter then it must be approaching me but it never ended up flying over my head (if it was something avionic that is) it also never really did get any louder, just stayed the same the whole time.

3.) It was very consistent. Most of the time any loud sounds coming from planes and trains or hatever tend to change do to the factors of the device emitting the sound, i.e. a jet turning, using after burners, approaching or going away from, doing sudden manuvers, etc. Trains have loud horns and make a consistent sound as they run over the tracks (it wasn't a train cause I could here the tran a few hundred yards away from my house go by, blow its horn a few times and then trail off into the distance and the loud sound still remained).

4.) There was no visual made of anything that could have been making the sound.

5.) For some reason it just didn't seem normal. Now I know this doesn't serve as evidence of anything but at least for me it still counts as a factor. I have heard 100's if not 1000's of jets and planes fly by and or above me in my life in different locations around the world (as Im sure you all have) and never has my curiosity been peaked by the sound they were making enough to get the reaction out of me that march 30th 2007 got out of me. Obviously in the day when you hear a loud jet you might tend to look up, or if it sounds different then usual you also again may look up, but this time was just different and was enough to get me to hang out my window with my interest fully peaked, and then proceed to jump out my back window onto the roof and hopefully solve the mystery.

I don't know guys, I guess Im just gonna have to relegate this to the I have know idea catagory and most liekly will never know exactlly what it was. I will tell ya though for some reason my gut kept telling me "I sure hope I get to see some black project plane doing mach 7 and catch a glimpse of it in the moon light" that would have been something else, plus I had the camera so who knows what woulda/coulda been.

Thinking back on it now I guess I wish I would have recorded the dark night sky just for the audio portion of it but it really didn't even cross my mind. The only thing I was trying to do was work out in my head what the hell was making that loud roaring sound, and hoping to get a picture of it if I did see it.

~Anathema

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Fermi is a nuke power plant but to me the sound sounds like a coal train they are very long move slow and carry a long distance at night. With all the automakers and such in the area it was probably a train. (I'm a train buff so it gets my vote fair or not)

mikell

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   

napped about 200 pictures of the Moon real quick and took some pictures in the direction of fermi and some smoke stacks in hopes of catching something I couldn't see with the naked eye.

I cannot think of any reason that the sound would be coming from Fermi, it was my understanding that they were shutting that down years ago anyway. I have a friend that works for them; I can try and ask him if he would know of anything there that would make a loud rumbling sound, but I have a feeling that the answer is going to be no.

Fermi 2 is very much up and running my friend. I can see the steam coming off of that thing all day every day.(unless Im thinking of Edison) Either way I know if I go for a short drive out to the beaches about 5 minutes away I can see Fermi up and running, plus I have friends and family that still work there.

The reason I thought of Fermi for a minute was scary cause I was wondering if maybe the US was anticipating an attack on it late that night an maybe they had deployed fighter jets to patrol the sky around the nuclear power plant for the half hour I heard all that racket.

Infact this is actually my best guess as to what happened, though it doesnt put to rest a few problems I have with that being the answer and Im also not implying that if they were up there that it was because of an impending attack that night, could have just been night time mock.test war game.

My other thought is that it may have been a supersonic jet of some sort that the military only breaks out at night, other then that Im at a loss for explanations...

~Anathema

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join