It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jesus was a black man!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
lol, yeah. jesus was jewish, and mediterranean. everyone there looked that way. u ever see those old jewish guys layin it all out in the sun, bronzing their chests? like that.
the whiteness came later because people wanted to kill everyone else.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
This is all so very ridiculous. Archeologists said this. I think that. THE BIBLE SAID HE WAS BLACK.

Revelation 1
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.
14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

Revelation 2:18
And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

And boom there it goes case closed. Unless the bible is wrong!!!
But no that can't be.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Yeah, case closed. Unless, you woulod call the bible a lying book?

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti
did you all Know that jesus was a black man?...or at least a tee-shirt i saw said as much...so was jesus really white as the neo-christian propoganda would have you to believe..or was he black or arab..ect..

Jesus was J E W I S H !

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Milk
If anybody saw Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, they would know that Jesus was a black man, because the 13th apostle Rufus confirmed it.

that was in Dogma, actually (sorry if someone beat me to it, I just skimmed the thread)

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Yeah, case closed. Unless, you woulod call the bible a lying book?

The bible doesn't lie, but unscrupulous people can twist it to meet their agendas. That is what is happening here.

Here are some past dicussions we have had over this case, which show conclusivly that this stand is purely for political gain, not historical accuracy...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In this thread we discussed the biblical verses "supporting" the thesis, and disproved it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I would have to agree with illmatic. Wow. Seems that somne people even wanted him banned for what he said.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Hamilton, go look at my picture in belowtopsecret, thats an east indian. This guy looks too dark to be east indian.

Deep

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
First of all, race, religion and nationality are three separate things. Race is a BIOLOGICAL thing. Nationality is allegiance to a particular political system....a country, etc. Religion is a belief system, closely related to CULTURE.
Scientists have tried to label people as to race. However, they have FAILED. There are always exceptions....according to mixing of races and Mendel's Laws. (genetics)
In modern times, genetics has accomplished the ability to give children Caucasian, Black or Asian traits. I know, because it was done to me. I am supposed to be "Black", but I have been both Black and White in one lifetime! (NOT a disease, or any "hanky-panky".) BOTH of my parents were Black.
Religion is a set of beliefs in relation to a deity. Culture is closely related to religion, insofar as people have holidays which are for religious reasons, etc.
Nationality is in relation to political divisions...usually called countries.
So, it is possible for a person to be Black as to RACE, American as to POLITICAL affiliation, and CULTURALLY Hispanic.
I once met a man who was physically Oriental. When we talked, I found out he was East Indian. It turned out that his PARENTS had migrated from China, and he was born in India.
Jesus could have been a Jew, and still physically "Black". There are Black Jews in Ethiopia. Personally, I think he was MiddleEastern-looking.
I hope this helps some.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   

There were 3 good arguments that Jesus was Black:
1. He called everyone "brother".
2. He liked Gospel.
3. He couldn't get a fair trial.

But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Jewish:
1. He went into His Father's business.
2. He lived at home until he was 33.
3. He was sure his Mother was a virgin and his mother was sure he was God.

But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Italian:
1. He talked with his hands.
2. He had wine with every meal.
3. He used olive oil.

But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was a Californian:
1. He never cut his hair.
2. He walked around barefoot all the time.
3. He started a new religion.

But then there were 3 equally good arguments that Jesus was Irish:
1. He never got married.
2. He was always telling stories.
3. He loved green pastures.

But the most compelling evidence of all. Here are 3 proofs that Jesus was a woman:
1. He fed a crowd at a moment's notice when there was no food.
2. He kept trying to get a message across to a bunch of men who just didn't get it.
3. And even when he was dead, he had to get up because there was more work to do.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imzadi
First of all, race, religion and nationality are three separate things. Race is a BIOLOGICAL thing. Nationality is allegiance to a particular political system....a country, etc. Religion is a belief system, closely related to CULTURE.
Scientists have tried to label people as to race. However, they have FAILED. There are always exceptions....according to mixing of races and Mendel's Laws. (genetics)
In modern times, genetics has accomplished the ability to give children Caucasian, Black or Asian traits. I know, because it was done to me. I am supposed to be "Black", but I have been both Black and White in one lifetime! (NOT a disease, or any "hanky-panky".) BOTH of my parents were Black.
Religion is a set of beliefs in relation to a deity. Culture is closely related to religion, insofar as people have holidays which are for religious reasons, etc.
So, it is possible for a person to be Black as to RACE, American as to POLITICAL affiliation, and CULTURALLY Hispanic.
I once met a man who was physically Oriental. When we talked, I found out he was East Indian. It turned out that his PARENTS had migrated from China, and he was born in India.
Jesus could have been a Jew, and still physically "Black". There are Black Jews in Ethiopia. Personally, I think he was MiddleEastern-looking.
I hope this helps some.

I think out of everybody here you made the most sense

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I believe Jesus has curlish black shoulder length hair. Olive or tanned skinned, certainly not Caucasian. His body, thin but strong, perhaps even wirey from carpentry work all those years. I believe he had little body fat considering the diet of the area and the class he was in.

[Edited on 2-18-2004 by Cearbhall]

MJ

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Imaculate conception, hmm magically Mary got pregnant. Jesus was an alien by definition as a being not of this world. Well he was half of this world then.
Howerver I agree we have erroneous appearing pics of jesus hanging all over. Some ones idea of him taken from a painting and copied and reprinted for a century or more. Anyones guess is valid tll we see him ourselves. If he didnt look brown like many in that part of the planet then he looked white like the rest of the Jews. Jesus may have referred to brothers but he certainaly didnt jive talk saying "bro".
As for the whites hurting the blacks with discrimination one would have to be in a cave to still think that. Now, its blacks hurting whites by whites getting fired just so they can hire a black to replace em and get a government tax credit for it. yeah lets just keep this race issue going same as the ignorant yankee Rebel North South crap has for over a century passed on generation to generation. Great idea huh? Live like hell while we are on Earth and expect to go to heaven?
I suppose some think they will continue this crap up there too!

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imzadi
I hope this helps some.

You made a lot of good points here. But there are people on this earth that are pure race. Do they have a right or a need to maintain a race?

Jesus could have been black, anything is possible, but I see no reason to believe that there were any number of blacks in Ancient Israel or other holy lands. If there were blacks were they equals with semetic, arabic, europeans etc? If we believe even a few stories of the bible we see that Christ for the most part walked about like any regular guy even when he became disliked for his teachings by authorities.

the point I am trying to make is that why should I believe that blacks were equal in the eyes of jews or other peoples in that area when even today they are for the most part not?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
all this jesus is black thing, is made up by government trying to be anti racist and stuff

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
No, Jesus was Batman...

Nonononono, THAT WAS BRUCE WAYNE!

Who's got the biggest...

Who's got the biggest...

Who's got the biggest BRAIN! OH HO HOOO!

-waits-

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
McGotti: why the hell would Jesus be black?? Do you see anything in any of the several million christian churches in the world about Jesus being black?? This is just something racist black americans such as Tupac Shakur invented because they can't handle that so many people worship a white man. They want their own coloured version of everything and in fact they are hypocrites and are racist themselves.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
[You made a lot of good points here. But there are people on this earth that are pure race. Do they have a right or a need to maintain a race?

Jesus could have been black, anything is possible, but I see no reason to believe that there were any number of blacks in Ancient Israel or other holy lands. If there were blacks were they equals with semetic, arabic, europeans etc? If we believe even a few stories of the bible we see that Christ for the most part walked about like any regular guy even when he became disliked for his teachings by authorities.

the point I am trying to make is that why should I believe that blacks were equal in the eyes of jews or other peoples in that area when even today they are for the most part not?

Everything has it Cycles. The people that are on top today wern't on top yesterday and vice versa. Just look at history and you will see.

Mohammed was a black and converted much of Africa. His decedents conquered much of Europe for 800 Years but were eventually drove out. But they don't tell you that in the history books.

My point I�m trying to make is that his story is not always how it went down. The Jewish religion originated in Africa. Think about it the earliest record we have of them was in Africa (i.e. Egypt but a lot of people don't consider that part of Africa). So who are we to say that we know. Well now we have science and science has proven over and over again that the Ethiopian Jews are more closely related to the lineage of David than the Mainstream "Jews".

You can show people passages from there holy book and DNA proof yet they still don't believe. I guess that's how deep the racism is in this country and it's not going to get any better.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberGhost
all this jesus is black thing, is made up by government trying to be anti racist and stuff

I think you mean the Jeusus is white thing. For the longest it was portrayed that he was white and forced black people to pray to a white man as there "savior".

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I'm looking at this thread. Weighing it with my eyes. And my complete attention is fixed on this one thing..... What would Jesus do?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join