It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jesus was a black man!!!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
[Does it really mean so much to people what Jesus's skin colour was ? Would he be any different if he was dressed in a different coloured skin or would he still be Jesus ? Its him and his message that counts, not his colour.

This obsession on skin colour is what has caused years of racism. Why is one man a better man than another purely because they have different skin tones ?

Utter bollix if you ask me.

Probably the most intelligent and the least antagonist post on this board. The true meaning of Jesus black or white which if your so intelligent colonel you would have said this a long time ago. Its the message of love and faith that comes from accepting Jesus Christ is the lord and savior. THE MESSAGE IS ALL THAT MATTERS ABOUT JESUS YOUR TO IGNORANT TO LET IT GO. WHETHER YOU THINK HE WAS WHITE OR BLACK.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
jesus is not a white man or a black man...he is just jesus

as homer calls him jeebus

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Now, McGotti, Datruth, and myself have brought factual evidence as to showing the ethnicity of Jesus. Can you refute it?

ERRRRR! NO!

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by Colonel]

So according to the evidence, Jesus was black. That's fine - I don't have any problem with a black Jesus.
Its his message that is important to me - not his skin colour.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47

[Does it really mean so much to people what Jesus's skin colour was ? Would he be any different if he was dressed in a different coloured skin or would he still be Jesus ? Its him and his message that counts, not his colour.

This obsession on skin colour is what has caused years of racism. Why is one man a better man than another purely because they have different skin tones ?

Probably the most intelligent and the least antagonist post on this board. The true meaning of Jesus black or white which if your so intelligent colonel you would have said this a long time ago. Its the message of love and faith that comes from accepting Jesus Christ is the lord and savior. THE MESSAGE IS ALL THAT MATTERS ABOUT JESUS YOUR TO IGNORANT TO LET IT GO. WHETHER YOU THINK HE WAS WHITE OR BLACK.

I see English isn't your first language.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGotti

The discussion of his skin tone has quite degenerated.

Yes you can thank yourself and the others that come in here and keep telling us that " this thread is over" or " this thread has lost its importancy"

This thread was going good untill people started coming in here and continually making statements such as the one you have made.

I swear I have never posted any message on someones elses thread that would entail that I thought that the thread was now over...that rediculous and immature!

I never said it was over. Just that the constant baiting of each other from intelligent people is somewhat irritating.

Does it really mean so much to people what Jesus's skin colour was ? Would he be any different if he was dressed in a different coloured skin or would he still be Jesus ? Its him and his message that counts, not his colour.

The point was WHY we have our perceptions of the color of jesus.

I dont really care if he was black or white or whatever.

I wanted to explore the social reasons for our precieved notions on the christian religion basilcly because of the amount of power the christian religion has over our society.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I see youve ran out of things to say and that you realize you cant come back with an intelligent answer. If you had really understood the message of Jesus you wouldnt have carried on this antagonistic petty debate for as long as you have. How did you become a moderator if your so whiny and ignorant. Its a shame you have resorted to petty insults but hey Im still smiling.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I see youve ran out of things to say and that you realize you cant come back with an intelligent answer. If you had really understood the message of Jesus you wouldnt have carried on this antagonistic petty debate for as long as you have. How did you become a moderator if your so whiny and ignorant. Its a shame you have resorted to petty insults but hey Im still smiling.

The only reason I didn't slam you any further than I did is because I am working.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

The only reason I didn't slam you any further than I did is because I am working.

Just stop trying to get the last word in. Your obviously not capable of slamming me further you just want to sound all big and bad cause Im undermining your authority in a public place. You carried on a discussion you shouldnt have even become such a contributing member of and when you "slam me" you give the most useless insult. Just admit your wrong and you did more than anything else to insult jesus than tell people they were going to hell for not saying he was black.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Just admit your wrong and you did more than anything else to insult jesus than tell people they were going to hell for not saying he was black.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

[Edited on 24-2-2004 by Jonna]

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Why is it pointless to discuss this topic???

Did it matter whether or not jesus was white or black...no..im sure jesus was jesus regardless of his skin color.

But I do think its important to explore the idea that ,becuase of the huge amount of power christianity has over our society,that it is important to explore why most people except the image of jesus as presented by almost every church in america.

On ATS its going to be alot harder to talk about this because most people here are open minded enough to know that jesus was not a pure white person,But goto your local church and without telling them why your asking the question,ask them what color jesus was.I bet that they would reply ,He looked like me,or something along those lines.I asked my friend the other day and he claimd jesus was white.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Just stop trying to get the last word in. Your obviously not capable of slamming me further you just want to sound all big and bad cause Im undermining your authority in a public place. You carried on a discussion you shouldnt have even become such a contributing member of and when you "slam me" you give the most useless insult. Just admit your wrong and you did more than anything else to insult jesus than tell people they were going to hell for not saying he was black.

Listen, racsit, I'll be on all night. There you can feel free to live out your fantaises to undermine my authority. RIght now, I'm real busy.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Why is it pointless to discuss this topic???

Did it matter whether or not jesus was white or black...no..im sure jesus was jesus regardless of his skin color.

But I do think its important to explore the idea that ,becuase of the huge amount of power christianity has over our society,that it is important to explore why most people except the image of jesus as presented by almost every church in america.

On ATS its going to be alot harder to talk about this because most people here are open minded enough to know that jesus was not a pure white person,But goto your local church and without telling them why your asking the question,ask them what color jesus was.I bet that they would reply ,He looked like me,or something along those lines.I asked my friend the other day and he claimd jesus was white.

You only prove the point why its useless to debate it. Everyones interpretation of jesus is there own. The Lord and Savior wont punish you for thinking he might look like you. Thats ignorant to say we must go out and change how everyone thinks of their savior. Black White Mexican, his message is the same and it transcends race and its taken all of us a hell of a long time and a bunch of useless posts to realize this.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
colonel, the only racist in this thread is you, hypocrit. anyone who has seen your posts knows this. anyone who doesn't, search for a thread titled "what exactly is an african american?" and you will know soon enough.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Listen, racsit, I'll be on all night. There you can feel free to live out your fantaises to undermine my authority. RIght now, I'm real busy.

How dare you. Wheres the evidence Im a racist? you are throwing out slurs that have no base in fact. Do you have any shame? Im not racist just because I understand Jesus' message transcends black or white! Your really grasping at straws now.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

How dare you. Wheres the evidence Im a racist? you are throwing out slurs that have no base in fact. Do you have any shame? Im not racist just because I understand Jesus' message transcends black or white! Your really grasping at straws now.

You would think that colonel would learn how to spell racist with the degree to which he throws the word around. I guess that english isn't his first language either.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Colonel, I would like to know where is your evidence that Agent is a Racist?

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
You would think that colonel would learn how to spell racist with the degree to which he throws the word around. I guess that english isn't his first language either.

Dang I forgot to see that when I was crafting my response. Good save.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Thats ignorant to say we must go out and change how everyone thinks of their savior. Black White Mexican, his message is the same and it transcends race and its taken all of us a hell of a long time and a bunch of useless posts to realize this.

I guess you live in a fantasy world where racism doesnt exist.People have used christianity to gain power and wealth through out history.

Thats ignorant to say we must go out and change how everyone thinks of their savior.

Thats exactly why im interrested in this subject,YOUR right..it was ignorant for the christian religion to cloud the true identity of jesus so they could force it upon the rest of the world as they did.

Black White Mexican, his message is the same and it transcends race and its taken all of us a hell of a long time and a bunch of useless posts to realize this.

Then why have most people attending churchs not realized this???Why do I have some christian books that have pictures of jesus in them that look like my uncle fred???

Im not the one who is worried about the color of jesus!!! Its the christian church that is worried about the color of jesus!!!And they have sucessfully fooled[forced] many people into believing exactly what they say even though they are corrupt and power hungry.

I want the truth about why the christain church is run the way it is..why power is so important to them.
In america race is a BIG deal along with money and power.So to explore the possibility that we have been decieved about the true identity of jesus becuase they had to change his image to make it more appealing to the average middle class white person is VERY important to me.

If they dnt have a problem decieving us about what he looked like,how much else have they left out or changed in order to further thier power and wealth.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Thats ignorant to say we must go out and change how everyone thinks of their savior. Black White Mexican, his message is the same and it transcends race and its taken all of us a hell of a long time and a bunch of useless posts to realize this.

I guess you live in a fantasy world where racism doesnt exist.People have used christianity to gain power and wealth through out history.

Thats ignorant to say we must go out and change how everyone thinks of their savior.

Thats exactly why im interrested in this subject,YOUR right..it was ignorant for the christian religion to cloud the true identity of jesus so they could force it upon the rest of the world as they did.

Black White Mexican, his message is the same and it transcends race and its taken all of us a hell of a long time and a bunch of useless posts to realize this.

Then why have most people attending churchs not realized this???Why do I have some christian books that have pictures of jesus in them that look like my uncle fred???

Im not the one who is worried about the color of jesus!!! Its the christian church that is worried about the color of jesus!!!And they have sucessfully fooled[forced] many people into believing exactly what they say even though they are corrupt and power hungry.

I want the truth about why the christain church is run the way it is..why power is so important to them.
In america race is a BIG deal along with money and power.So to explore the possibility that we have been decieved about the true identity of jesus becuase they had to change his image to make it more appealing to the average middle class white person is VERY important to me.

If they dnt have a problem decieving us about what he looked like,how much else have they left out or changed in order to further thier power and wealth.

Dont try to sell me the story that the christian churches all around the world are in one huge conspiracy to keep Jesus white. I dont think people think about it too much because everyone has their own vision of their savior.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Dont try to sell me the story that the christian churches all around the world are in one huge conspiracy to keep Jesus white. I dont think people think about it too much because everyone has their own vision of their savior.

As long as all of the leaders of the church are white rich people...you damn right I believe they will try to keep the appreance of jesus looking like themselves....
So most people here believe he was arab-jew looking....well iraqis have are brothers with the jews by bloodline[dna] as with palistinians...Try telling your average sheeperson in america walking out of a chruch that jesus looked like an iraqi!!!Im sure they would disagree and probably be offended even though it is the truth.THATS BECAUSE POLITICS AND RACE HAVE A HUGE PART OF RELIGION..AND IF YOU DONT KNOW THAT..YOU HAVE BEEN FOOLED

That being said you think that politics have no place in the modern christian church???The christian church today and has ALWAYS seemed to be more interested with politics and power then the seem to be interested in actually portraying jesus in the way that he wanted.

Rich white people are not going to worship a amn that looked like an iraqi and they will not worship a black man.But they have no problem worshiping images of jesus that are white even though they are false images.

So its not me with the hang up of color...its the christian church that has the problem.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join