It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug Resistant Tuberculosis in Arizona

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Man Jailed for Having Deadly TB

Monday, April 02, 2007

PHOENIX — Behind the county hospital's tall cinderblock walls, a 27-year-old tuberculosis patient sits in a jail cell equipped with a ventilation system that keeps germs from escaping.

Robert Daniels has been locked up indefinitely, perhaps for the rest of his life, since last July. But he has not been charged with a crime. Instead, he suffers from an extensively drug-resistant strain of tuberculosis, or XDR-TB. It is considered virtually untreatable.

SOURCE | Fox News

Wowsers! I sure hope that jail cell is air tight! We really don't need that strain of TB getting out and about.

[edit on 3-4-2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I heard of this today.

What a horrible fate...encarcerated through no fault of his own.

I certainly hope they're working on a treatment :shk:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
What a horrible fate...encarcerated through no fault of his own.

Actually it is his fault.

They told him to wear a protective mask while out in public to prevent the spread of the disease, but he didn't.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Really? What a nut job!

Thanks for setting me straight. How about consideration for the rest of the population? Some people :shk:

I just dont understand why people are the way they are.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Oh, for the love of Christ, this is a rethread! When will you people ever learn?

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Wow, I wonder who he got it from? It seems more people would have it, but they do test regularly in homeless shelters and in health care for TB, I believe.

I wonder why he couldn't stay in a bigger area of quarentine, instead of such a small space? If he has been there for a year he must be pretty sick by now breathing his own sickness all day.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Oh, for the love of Christ, this is a rethread! When will you people ever learn?

The only other thread I see is in Breaking News and I believe you can have a thread there and in a regular forum at the same time (at least you could with ATSNN).

Anyway, I think it only makes sense that if you're going to complain about a duplicate thread, you should post a link to the duplicate.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist

I was under the impression that ATS does not condone being rude and impersonal to anyone in its ranks. Matter of fact, I'm pretty sure there is even a rule about it. I'm sure this would also apply to you, kind Sir.

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Forum posts, private messages, PODcasts, blog entries, and other supported content that violate these terms and conditions are subject to action that may include, but is not limited to, edits, removal, or account termination.

SOURCE | ATS Terms & Conditions

[edit on 3-4-2007 by damajikninja]

new topics

top topics

join