It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone tell me what my dreams mean

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Hi i have 2 dreams which i need help to figure out what they mean...

1. I always have dreams where i am "trying" to run from something or someone, but my legs always feel like they arent working and i just cant move...they get to the point where i wake up all nervous and sweating sometimes...

2. I also have dreams that i have to get something done in a certain amount of time, but can never get it done on time...(ex. in my dream i have a hockey game starting in fifteen minutes, but it takes me the full length of the game to get all my equipment on, then i feel disapointed and saddend because i wanted to play )

i know they may sound weird but i have had these since i was a kid...could someone please help me to figure out what they mean?

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I think many of us probably have recurring dreams that we've had since childhood. For the longest time I had one where the barn outside of my house was filled with water and I was riding a boat in it with my dad and there were alligators swimming in the water, even though I don't live anywhere near water and in the center of the US, where there are no alligators.

I also used to have my bedroom shifted up into a T-Rex's mouth and i had to try to not fall out of the window.

Another one where I would scream very loudly and a whispy grey hand would grab me and take me down to my basement.

The truth is - none of them mean anything unless you make them mean something.
Try not to overanalyze your dreams.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by Platinumstorm]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The dream of being pursued, and being unable to move one's legs is perhaps the most common nightmare ever — all people have that dream at some point in their lives. It's a paranoid dream of helplessness, probably not too far removed from the waking sleep paralysis experience. Usually indicates that you feel out of control of your life, and you feel that others are manipulating you beyond your control.

The recurrent, high-pressure work-related dream is another common nightmare, which usually takes you back to a moment in your life when you feel that you failed or let other people down in some way. It's a dream of anxiety and regret.

I had both types of dreams pretty regularly in my teens, because I guess I didn't feel I was doing a good enough job, and I did feel as though others were running my life. After a few life-changing experiences in my early 20s, however, I learned how to lucid dream and have never had the slow-motion pursuit dream again — today, when I'm running in my dreams, it's always at extremely high speeds, and this progresses to flight, both within the atmosphere and beyond, into deep space. Nobody chases me in those dreams, I just do it.

The high-pressure work-related dream still haunts me from time to time, and I always find myself in the same situation — 25 years in the past, at one of my earliest and most favorite jobs, seeing all my old friends again, but they're all pissed off at me, and I feel guilty for not carrying my weight. Now, none of this ever occurred in real life — I suppose it's my subconscious guilt, because I was so much of a perfectionist on that job, and I guess I imagined that people resented it.

So, whenever I get into that dream nowadays, I become lucid, grab one of my friends in the dream, and tell them loudly and repeatedly that I'm happier now and that I don't feel guilty at all. That may sound like a strange thing to say, but you've got to keep in mind that, when you're lucid dreaming, your rational mind can challenge your subconscious directly... Kind of like yelling, "You know you're injured, so heal yourself!" And, in my experience, the subconscious mind responds to such a command.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I've had one recurring dream since i was a child. i guess it started when i was about 5. i have it once a year about the same time every year give or take a month or two. the dream is always the same. in my dream i live in a white house with a white fence in a small community (even though we livd in a trailer in the backwoods in real life) My father gets home from work. i run up to him, he's smiling he lifts me up and hugs me. we go inside and everything is great, i mean the happiest feeling ever. but then we "know" that "It" will start soon back up again. the sun grows dim the ground shakes and the noise of a deafing machine overwhealms every thing. it covers everything and there is so much pain. "it" is some sort of living machine, like a bio-mechanical terror. in the dream we know it will start again. and its a good dream until it starts, besides the slight feeling of dread. and it always ends with the machine covering everything. now by the sounds of my dream to most. it prolly looks like i was abused or had a bad home life. because "it" starts after dad gets home. but i wasnt abused. my father loved me a lot and i love him. but this is one wierd damned dream. and for the most part i forget about it until it happens or something triggers a thought about it. like this thread. i suppose its the workings of a busy mind?

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Not being able to run in a dream is because when you’re in REM sleep your body is paralyzed. Its normally in a nightmare type situation and your brain is sending the signal to your legs to run, but since they are paralyzed there is no response coming back to your brain that your legs are responding, in your dream this is interpreted as not being able to run or running in slow motion.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
also check out Dreammoods for some basic interpritations of dreams.

posted on Apr, 8 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   

The truth is - none of them mean anything unless you make them mean something.
Try not to overanalyze your dreams.
That's not a truth , it's an opinion.
I agree that it's important to try and not overanalyze something but that doesn't mean that dreams don't or can't possibly have a deep meaning.
I believe that some do and some don't.

I usually get annoyed with the typical dream interpretations. I'm not saying they are always wrong or wrong , period. I just think that not all flying dreams are about freedom and not all sex dreams are some deep meaningful thing with a double / different meaning or whatever. Sometimes a flying dream is just a flying dream , sometimes a sex dream is just a sex dream.
( Yes , I'm a very opinionated person...hahaha )

[edit on 8-4-2007 by k24601]

new topics

top topics

join