It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats worse, believing in CT's or believing everything in mainstream media?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I personally feel like anyone who thinks Fox news or CNN is a reliable source and "it was on Fox news, so it must be true!" is ignorant. Now the same people think that I'm crazy. I cant figure out whos crazier, the one who questions every thing and has to research all the theories involved, or the one who accepts the official story as truth and moves on with their life.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It's a loaded question, but the latter is clearly worse.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
You make it sound as if believing in conspiracy theories and unquestioningly believing the mainstream media are the only choices available to a person.

In fact there are a number of other choices available. Some people may choose not to know anything or form any opinion about a given subject. Some may choose to obtain their information from verified and trustworthy news sources. Some may choose to go straight to the primary source of the story. Others may deliberately choose to believe and repeat the juiciest story they hear, not caring whether it is true or false.

Obviously it is foolish to believe everything you see and hear in the media, because a lot of what you see and hear in the media is distorted or false.

Equally obviously, it is foolish to believe in conspiracy theories, because such beliefs distort one's perception of reality and make one more, not less helpless in the face of the very real forces that impact upon and help shape our lives.

The best choice is to find out for yourself, from primary sources. If this is impossible, as it usually is, either rely on a secondary source you feel you can trust, or resign yourself to accepting that you can never really know the truth.

new topics

join