It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians should be against global warming. I can prove with scripture.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This is a good read. It's a long article and worth the read.

Roper

www.msnbc.msn.com...

A warmer climate could prove to be more beneficial than the one we have now. Much of the alarm over climate change is based on ignorance of what is normal for weather and climate. There is no evidence, for instance, that extreme weather events are increasing in any systematic way, according to scientists at the U.S. National Hurricane Center, the World Meteorological Organization and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (which released the second part of this year's report earlier this month). Indeed, meteorological theory holds that, outside the tropics, weather in a warming world should be less variable, which might be a good thing.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roper
Much of the alarm over climate change is based on ignorance of what is normal for weather and climate.

There is nothing "normal" about the alarmingly rapid rate of polar ice caps melting, Greenland's ice sheet's melting, Antarctic peninsulas breaking off, etc.

There is no evidence, for instance, that extreme weather events are increasing in any systematic way, according to scientists at the U.S. National Hurricane Center, the World Meteorological Organization and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (which released the second part of this year's report earlier this month).

Why don't they regard all of those typhoons and tropical storms in Asia that killed millions and Hurricane Katrina that killed thousands as evidence? Meteorologists have already linked the connection between Global Warming of the oceans and hurricanes being formed.

Indeed, meteorological theory holds that, outside the tropics, weather in a warming world should be less variable, which might be a good thing.

I completely agree. Who in the world needs coral reefs? Screw the migration patterns of whales. I never really liked going to the beach and I'm sure glad Global Warming will flood those stupid sandy areas! I always thought arctic animals such as polar bears and penguins were a pest too. And quite frankly, places near the ocean that will be hit hardest by Global warming such as Manhattan, Shanghai, California, Greenland, and Britain were beginning to get quite bothersome too. But yeah, I'm sure Global Warming will be quite beneficial for the millions of people living in those areas.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
There's no liberal agenda. I believe that Al Gore has a passion for what he's done and because his work (not 100% perfect) has been put in the lime light it becomes pegged as liberal agenda. So, the only reason for all the fuss is because the Republicans are jealous that none of their leaders have good data and a person like Al Gore and have made it that way. It's sad because pride is going to get in the way of doing what is best for our planet. Since the majority of Republicans claim to be Christians it makes sense to point out the hypocrisy.

Of course, the more the Republicans allow global warming to occur the more strange weather we will have and it will seem like Revelatory prohpecies were coming true. They will use that to sway and mislead more sheep down a path that is pure evil. It'll mimic God's will and that is exactly what the devil wants. Open your eyes!

edited spelling yo

[edit on 10-4-2007 by reaganero]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Since the majority of Republicans claim to be Christians

This isn't verified. And if they claim it is, it's not the truth. I think this is an example of someone trying to polarize the nation along lines of religion and it has no business being an issue in the USA where religion is beside the point. I've been democratic and independent. Never voted repub. My family voted democratic the whole time i was growing up (both parents have since passed away due to old age). All christians. My sister and her husband vote democratic, and they are christians. Lots of christians are democratic, many lean more towards liberal issues than conservative ones and furthermore, many just have a variety of topics of importance that they either agree with or disagree with based on something other than politics.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
oh, my bad. i thought that the conservative right claimed that they won the election because their christian followers voted so against the gay marriage issue. at least that's what the apostles on fox news said that day.

regardless i tried to generalize my original statement and didn't say it was fact or not.

there's a lot of sheeple out there and they vote. if they can be convinced that global warming is just prophecies coming true then the politicians can keep on ignoring the dangers.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Dealing with the topic, as far as I'm concerned, everyone should support the great cause to prevent global warming.

Now, let's say that the bible says nothing about this, or maybe even encourages global warming? What are some of you people going to do?

I've stated many times on these forums that the bible was written & edited by man, so you cannot use it as refrence for anything.

I don't think it's a question of what's in the bible. Your stance on global warming has nothing to do with that. It has to do with caring, common sense & your good nature.

[edit on 28-4-2007 by sdrawkcab]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdrawkcab

Now, let's say that the bible says nothing about this, or maybe even encourages global warming? What are some of you people going to do?

The bible doesn't encourage global warming. It encourages personal responsibility for your actions. Humanity was given this planet as an inheritance. We are supposed to be good stewards of it.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I never said it did. I said exactly what you said. You shouldn't have to rely on the bible to know whether you are against or for global warming.

I seem to be having the "understanding problem" alot, especially in the religious forums. Why is it so hard to read what someone has written. Stop seeing what you want to see and see what was written.

Next time you quote me, quote all of me and re-read my statement, because apparently, you skimmed through my statement and picked out what seems to be a nice argumentative piece.

*Do not transfer your anger sdrawkcab - what was said and done in one topic should not be transfered to others. It is inconvenient*

[edit on 2-5-2007 by sdrawkcab]

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
arius

problems on earth , & the people causing them are going to be fixed by God

all christians are supposed to do leading up to the last days is preach the word to others (as well as trying to live by it themselves)

the world isnt going to carry on as it is , christians do not need to worry about things are degenerating

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by arius

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof" (Matt. 6:34).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join