It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran: No Need For A Trial

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   

He suggested that Britain would need to send a diplomatic delegation to Teheran, admit that its Navy had made a mistake by straying into Iranian waters and guarantee that the error would not be repeated.

No from what I saw on the interview, he said a delegation should be set up, to see where actually were those boats during their capture, i.e weither or not they were actually in Iranian waters or not....

It was Iran vice - president who said, with regards to Britian admitting that the Navy made a mistake by straying into their waters. (Which is still beinf disputed by the UK Gov)

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
If Iran is genuine in getting this sorted out diplomatically then a small, basic show of faith would be to let us go and visit those being held. Coming up on two weeks and we still don't know how they really are - we haven't even seen all 15 on video yet! But they do claim to have a video with all of them together.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Iranian Tv has reported, Bliar has taken a hardline over the negotiations over the Servicemen/women.....

BBC Reporter says it does not look good for the UK PM, and his comments....

[edit on 3-4-2007 by spencerjohnstone]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Typical Iranian maneuvers. But people are again involved in Iran's egotistical plight. Seems to me Iran's trying to change the subject from world (and UN) concern of Nuc proliferation to hostage negotiation.

It will serve their government better to release the captives now. Waiting I feel, will only inflame powers more afterwards.

Dallas

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
hmmmm - someone chatting on tv smoking , vs being dragged along hooded and shackled on tv.

Should TV cameras have been present when the sailors were captured and drug off the boat you might have seen the same treatment. The point I was making is that prisoners and not suppose to be paraded in front of TV broadcast cameras.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
no - they did the same thing last time , treated them fairly in difference to the west`s treatment of prisoners

What comes to mind from last time is the Col. Hicks case. Was taken prisoner paraded in front of TV cameras read a prepared statement. The a few weeks later executed by hanging from the neck with what I remember was a wire. And again all recorded for the TV.
Yep treated fairly all right

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
A few weeks previous to the Iranians taking these British sailors hostage, I was beginning to have some empathy for them and kind of defended them once or twice.
Now they have shown their true colours, whether they let these sailors go home or not , I already hate their guts and will never look at them the same.
Sorry for the harshness, but that is how I feel right now.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Sooner or later (after Hostages are released) I would think other Countries are going to immerse Iran into the goo.
Six Century writings don't fit into the twenty-first and people using that dusty book to propagate hatred, maiming and worse don't fit into present day society.

Dallas

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join