It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Salt Lake City Mayor calls for Bush impeachment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Video: Salt Lake City Mayor calls for Bush impeachment

Source Link: rawstory.com

Salt Lake City Mayor, Rocky Anderson says President Bush is committing "high crimes and misdemeanors" and should be impeached. In the video clip below, Mr. Anderson explains his position during an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer and offers an extensive list of what he considers "high crimes" that form the grounds for impeachment.

"If impeachment were ever justified, this certainly is the time," says Anderson, "This president, by engaging in such incredible abuses of power, breaches of trust with both the Congress and the American people, and misleading us into this tragic and unbelievable war, the violation of treaties, other international law, our constitution, our own domestic laws, and then his role in heinous human rights abuses; I think all of that together calls for impeachment."

Anderson does not spare his fellow Democrats saying, "The fact that anybody would say that impeachment is off the table when we have a president who has been so egregious in his violations of our constitution, a president who asserts a unitary executive power, that is absolutely chilling."

The following video is from CNN's Situation Room.
rawstory.com

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

[edit on 2-4-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
its a good day to be an americanhell ive been pushing for this since he got elected

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
That is excellent news.
If it needs to happen one by one, thats good enough.

It will be interesting to see what sort of repercussions his party experiences.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If he were to be impeached, wouldn't that mean that Dick Cheney would be our next president? I'd much rather have Bush as a our president than someone who shoots his friend in the face.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
oh........hes right.....dont impeach bush...hes our only line of defense from cheney

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
While I have serious contempt for what the current administration has done, I also know that you have to take this SLC Mayor with a grain of salt.

He likes to take liberties with the truth on par with Michael Moore IMO.

The real trouble with the country is that to effect real change, an indictment of the ENTIRE, elected govt would have to ensue.

Sure some good may be swept out with the scum but to make a difference you have to send all of them back to the real world and elect some real representatives who are in tune with your average everyday hardworking American citizens.

new topics

top topics

join