It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former FBI missing!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Link

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States is asking Iran to provide information about a former FBI agent believed to have gone missing several weeks ago while on private business there, U.S. officials said on Monday.

State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said the family and employer of the man reported him missing and the State Department was sending an official inquiry to Iran via Swiss diplomats, who act as a go-between with Tehran because the two countries do not have diplomatic relations.

"His family and his employer are seeking to determine exactly where he is," McCormack said, declining for privacy reasons to provide any details on the man or his employer.

The FBI confirmed the missing man had worked for the FBI more than a decade ago but said he was not in Iran on any official business and his work at the agency had not focused on Iran.

"The individual is not an FBI contractor. Furthermore, the individual's primary assignments in the FBI focused on criminal matters, such as traditional organized crime," the FBI said in a statement.

"At this time, there are no indications that this matter should be viewed other than as a missing person case," the FBI added.

McCormack also emphasized the American was in Iran on private business and was not working for the U.S. government.

Britain is not alone now. It wouldn't surprise me that the Iranian govt. kidnapped him as well.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This guy has been missing for a few weeks now, and this is the first anybody's heard about it???? That strikes me as very odd, especially the timing.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Yeah, I mean... I can just see this former FBI Agent sitting in some luxury resort, pool side, sipping a cocktail thinking

'' damn, this sure is a nice holiday spot ''

my guess, he was gathering information about Iran and giving it back to the US Government.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well, we had to have a kidnapped person to justify our meddling once again. The american people are more likely to go along if we have a "hostage" over there than they would be if we were just backing Britain.

It is odd the timing that we are just now noticing his disappearance.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is just the beginning.
The US has already decided on a war with Iran; now the reasons for the
war will miraculously appear, just like with Iraq.

It's so obvious. Still there are those that will support this war just like they still buy into the lies about Iraq.

God help us!

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Yeah, I mean... I can just see this former FBI Agent sitting in some luxury resort, pool side, sipping a cocktail thinking

'' damn, this sure is a nice holiday spot ''

my guess, he was gathering information about Iran and giving it back to the US Government.

Because former FBI agents don’t take vacations, right? They don’t like to go to luxury resorts, pool sides, or sip cocktails, right? Once an FBI agent, one cannot retire or take vacations, right?

Really, your opinion has become predictable. Your judgment has become clouded with hate. This man may well have been working, but it is just as likely that he was simply enjoying himself. For you to prejudge him based on his (possibly) former occupation and nationality is, well, like I said: typical of you.

Just out of curiosity, is your blind and rampant hatred strictly an online persona or do you behave this way in the rest of your life, leaving you with little stimulation other than online communication? The later, of course, would explain your level of extremism as overcompensation for lack of real world social interaction.

Just wondering is all.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by cavscout]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
US just trying to find a way to get involved in this whole UK, IRAN dispute.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
[edit on 2-4-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Cavscout, I had a reply written but ya know what.
I cant be bothered. Obviously your not above the mental age to have a discussion without resorting to attakcing someone personally.
I discussed the topic, you dont agree fine. Debate it, if you want to carry on U2U me.

Ive changed my mind alot about ATS this last week, simply because of people like you, saying that sorta stuff. When im entitled to my opinion, no matter who likes it or what.

Advice: debate the topic, not the person.

and Again, on Topic.

I still dont understand, why a sole man, a former govenrment employee would be holidaying in Iran, during the current occurings.

To me, that sounds very, very odd.

Especially when the government refuses to release WHAT work he does, and WHO he works for.

Why would Iran kidnapp a honky tourist in a florida type hawian shirt?

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Ive changed my mind alot about ATS this last week, simply because of people like you, saying that sorta stuff. When im entitled to my opinion, no matter who likes it or what.

Oh, so it is not just me then.

Maybe my post was a little to personal, and for that I publicly apologize (instead of deleting my thread and hiding my words.)

And of course you are entitled to your opinion, like you stated. That doesn’t mean that others won’t get tired of hearing it. Sure, most of the time we (we meaning the US) are wrong, heavy handed, just a bunch of big meanies. Not EVERY time, though. Look at yourself: every time the US is mentioned, no matter what the topic or how poor the source, you come in with both arms swinging, full of spite. Your seething anger and blind hatred comes out in your posts, and you can be seen for what you are (or at least what you are on ATS.)

Now, on topic:

I still dont understand, why a sole man, a former govenrment employee would be holidaying in Iran, during the current occurings.

I am a former government employee, and I just cant wait to get back to Iraq! I was just telling my wife the other day how much I admire Iraqis for their ability to see past a man's bank account. I long to go somewhere that money holds less sway, where a man is judged by his character and values instead of the job he holds. I am shamed by the amount of money I make, I cannot enjoy it (although my wife does.) What I did enjoy is sitting in a restaurant in Baghdad sipping Turkish espresso (the best I have ever had) and talking with old men who's minds were not made up for them by what FOX or CNN told them in their 10 minute per day propaganda session.

Just like many Vietnam vets have made the trip back to Vietnam, often with their families.

I cant wait to go back. But then, will you brand me a spy if I am kidnapped by some barbaric government, just because I used to be a soldier fighting in Iraq?

Why would Iran kidnapp a honky tourist in a florida type hawian shirt?

Because they are Iran. Kidnapping is what they do best.

It is the Iranian national pastime, kidnapping westerners.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout
Because they are Iran. Kidnapping is what they do best.
It is the Iranian national pastime, kidnapping westerners.

Well, if you or anyone else feels inclined to stop hearing my thoughts, even though they never change, The ignore button is right there.
But I like the way you hate how i come in fist first against the americans, with my 'automatic' thoughts on them..

when, you just did the same with Iran,I mean its their national pasttime to kidnapp people isnt it?

Im glad you want to go back to Iraq, your right this man COULD of been on holiday, but with everything happenin in Iran, and being a former FBI Agent, I personally think it lends more towrads him being their for a purpose.
that is my opinion, it could of been a British, an Australian hell a Kiwi.

But if the report on either of those countries had of said he was a member of a government agency, in side Iran, who was on his own, working and has now been kidnapped I would of said the same damn thing.

The only problem is, Its not Australia or New Zealand who led the charge for Iraq, its not them who's deploying AC's in the gulf and ratcheting up the rhetoric on Iran is it.

The point of the matter is, ITS AMERICA who's screaming the loudest at Iran.
Its America who's deploying AC's in the GULF.
and its an AMERICAN who's just been kidnapped in Iran.

They cant tell you WHY he was there, who sent him there, or what he was doing.. He was an FBI Agent at one stage though.

To me, its a perfect fit.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

But I like the way you hate how i come in fist first against the americans, with my 'automatic' thoughts on them..

when, you just did the same with Iran,I mean its their national pasttime to kidnapp people isnt it?

Yes, you are absolutely right. You are very smart. You got me!

Just for the record, though, I have always said that we are too heavy handed, that we shouldn’t be in Iraq. I call em like I see em.

And speaking of calling em like I see em, I see Iran has been doing lots of kidnapping over the years.....

They cant tell you WHY he was there, who sent him there, or what he was doing

Yeah, maybe that could be because "they" didn’t send him?

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Yeah, I heard this about an hour ago on FOX.

apparently he hasn't been an agent for years.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Yeah, I heard this about an hour ago on FOX.

apparently he hasn't been an agent for years.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by infinite]

Even if he is still FBI, it would make no sense, it would be CIA or members of the Special Ops community, not an FBI agent dealing with domestic issues. Only time FBI would get involved overseas would be an aftermath of the bombing attack on embassies, or kidnapping, ironically.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by deltaboy]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
by infinite]

Even if he is still FBI, it would make no sense, it would be CIA or members of the Special Ops community, not an FBI agent dealing with domestic issues. Only time FBI would get involved overseas would be an aftermath of the bombing attack on embassies, or kidnapping, ironically.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by deltaboy]

That's not quite right there deltaboy!
The real world is actually much more complicated than you can imagine.
I know the official version is very comfortable but it's an illusion.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The FBI is actually very active in many things besides what you mentioned.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Britain is not alone now. It wouldn't surprise me that the Iranian govt. kidnapped him as well.

It wouldn't surprise me this is disinformation again

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
If this guy wasn't a former FBI agent would there be such a big fuss over the fact that he has gone missing ?
The answer is of course NO so unless further information comes to light this just appears to be a case of the media taking advantage of recent events to create a story.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
the guy was FBI right!! The FBI is a recruiting station for the CIA ...This guy could have been CIA the day he left the FBI.. If hes CIA how will we ever know? We will never know!

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The number of possible explanations are staggering and not all of them point to some conspiracy *gasp*. A pasty westerner obviously of American origin would probably seem quite a good target to thugs looking for tourists to mug. Could have been killed in some sort of accident, lost, etc. But none of that fits into the puzzle of a massive conspiracy to go to war with Iran so you can kindly dismiss those notions, no need for conflicting possibilities now is there...

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
According to local D.C. radio this guy was working for a private security company that was contracted by the FBI. Something is alittle fishy.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by tsloan]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join