It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad News for Al Gore: A "real" inconvenient truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The Tale of Two Houses

www.snopes.com...

LOOK OVER THE DESCRIPTIONS OF THE FOLLOWING TWO HOUSES AND SEE IF YOU CAN TELL WHICH ONE BELONGS TO AN ENVIRONMENTALIST.

HOUSE # 1:

A 20-room mansion (not including 8 bathrooms) heated by natural gas.
Add on a pool (and a pool house) and a separate guest house all heated by gas. In ONE MONTH ALONE this mansion consumes more energy than the average American household in an ENTIRE YEAR. The average bill for electricity and natural gas runs over $2,400.00 per month. In natural gas alone (which last time we checked was a fossil fuel), this property consumes more than 20 times the national average for an American home. This house is not in a Northern or Midwestern "snow belt," either. It's in the South.

HOUSE # 2:

Designed by an architecture professor at a leading national university, this house incorporates every "green" feature current home construction can provide. The house contains only 4,000 square feet (4 bedrooms) and is nestled on an arid high prairie in the American southwest. A central closet in the house holds geothermal heat pumps drawing ground water through pipes sunk 300 feet into the ground. The water (usually 67 degrees F.) heats the house in winter and cools it in summer. The system uses no fossil fuels such as oil or natural gas, and it consumes 25% of the electricity required for a conventional heating/cooling system. Rainwater from the roof is collected and funneled into a 25,000 gallon underground cistern. Wastewater from showers, sinks and toilets goes into underground purifying tanks and then into the cistern. The collected water then irrigates the land surrounding the house. Flowers and shrubs native to the area blend the property into the surrounding rural landscape.

HOUSE # 1:

It's a (20 room energy guzzling mansion) is outside of Nashville, Tennessee. It is the abode of that renowned environmentalist (and filmmaker) Al Gore.

HOUSE # 2:

It's a (model eco-friendly house) located on a ranch near Crawford , Texas. Also known as "the Texas White House," it is the private residence of the President of the United States, George W. Bush.

So whose house is gentler on the environment? Yet another story you WON'T hear on CNN, CBS, ABC, NBC, MSNBC or read about in the New York Times or the Washington Post.

Indeed, for Mr. Gore, it's truly "an inconvenient truth."

www.snopes.com...

[edit on 2-4-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Ok, where's your link that details the Crawford ranch-house energy use......I haven't even seen that on Fox.....

The south can have really cold weather, notice how our low temps will often rival NY's......My Dad's last natural gas bill was $400 for one month, he only heated 3 rooms, and that was in 2001!

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Crawford ranch-house energy use: Here it is ......Sorry

www.treehugger.com...

From article:

Only your dispassionate Canadian correspondent could write this without colour or favour, but is it possible that George Bush is a secret Green? Evidently his Crawford Winter White House has 25,000 gallons of rainwater storage, gray water collection from sinks and showers for irrigation, passive solar, geothermal heating and cooling. “By marketplace standards, the house is startlingly small,” says David Heymann, the architect of the 4,000-square-foot home. “Clients of similar ilk are building 16-to-20,000-square-foot houses.” Furthermore for thermal mass the walls are clad in "discards of a local stone called Leuders limestone, which is quarried in the area. The 12-to-18-inch-thick stone has a mix of colors on the top and bottom, with a cream- colored center that most people want. “They cut the top and bottom of it off because nobody really wants it,” Heymann says. “So we bought all this throwaway stone. It’s fabulous. It’s got great color and it is relatively inexpensive.” Hmm, back to that vote about the Greenest President? :
ff Grid via ::EcoRazzi

Mod edit: Added tags. Please use ex-tags on external material. Like this: [ex]blahblahblah[/ex] - Thank you

[edit on 2007/4/2 by Hellmutt]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
It seems that Bush has a lot of secrets.... One of them possibly being that he is a closet tree-hugger. I found all this super hard to believe, but when I found it all out I figured I'd better share all this info with my ATS fellows. Put me over the edge, that's for sure. I guess you find out something new everyday.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Take a look at the link in my signature - A skeptics guide to An Inconvenient Truth. Al Gore ... not exactly on the up and up with Global Warming.
Read up.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by theutahbigfoothunter
...closet tree-hugger...

I can think of no one more hostile or damaging to environmental issues.

If Bozo is off the grid, I'm quite certain it's because he thinks he might need that for his own future protection or comfort.

I guess he must be a survivalist... Makes you wonder...

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
While I am no supporter of either one of them and believe that neither actually paid their own money to purchase the said houses, I must say way to go to the President and give two thumbs down to Gore.

I would like to see the technology of the house in Crawford used by normal people with 100,000 dollar houses instead of multi millionaires with ranches.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I did some looking at the ranch house info and photos.

eyeball-series.org...
cryptome.org...
cryptome.org...
cryptome.org...

That is one ugly house!! Sorry, it looks like a bunker.....and the interior is drab, at least the photos they allow on the internet. Beige walls, beige carpet, beige funiture, not much art work, hardly any homey touches at all.

There is another house on the property....the original farm house that they re-did and then this wonder of ecology....wonder what the total would be if they're added together.....plus his gym is in some other building, if I read some of that correctly......?

It's got a 25,000 gal cistern under? the house, right? And they dug huge holes in the ground for cooling and heating the air.......and I'm back to bunker. ( and it was being finished just as he was being elected!)

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Closed topic. This has been discussed unto death within the past month. Please add to that conversation.

top topics

join