It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pet Food Recall Expands;Will human food be next?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Pet Food Recall Expands;Will human food be next?

www.nationalledger.com

As pet owners panic and consider how they should react to a wide and ever changing pet food recall that now includes dog food, cat food and both dog and cat treats some are considering if the recall may move towards human food. In a Washington Post article it is noted that the Food and Drug Administration expanded its investigation this weekend to a dry pet-food maker, and a Hill's recalled one variety of dry cat food, as the mystery of what has sickened and killed an untold number of cats and dogs deepened.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread273104/pg1

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Wondering what food is safe for your pet? So am I.

See Link for more details about the chemical Melamine, and how it may affect our food.

www.nationalledger.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
All this subject matter was introduced to the masses in order to observe the outbreak of food contamination throughout the nation. It is a ploy. It might even be a warning that it may move to the human food chain. Be warned. The signs missed are usually the ones right in front of us.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Strangfires, that article also mentioned this:

Public statements have indicated that the contaminated gluten was distributed by a single U.S. company, but since the FDA refuses to name the supplier, it is not yet known if this company also supplies human food manufacturers.

Why is the FDA sitting on the name of the US supplier??? That very detail seems to be vital to avoiding human poisonings!! Who are they protecting?

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
That's a great question Frayed. I've been sifting through various articles trying to find out more information. My concern began with my pets, but now I'm just not convinced it stops there. So far there isn't enough info and what info there is has been confusing to say the least. I do know that this recall has not stopped, and there will be more. The FDA is not keeping up with the amount of calls coming in, and information is not getting out to the public soon enough. Either they are stalling to cover the butts of some unidentified company or something even larger is going on.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The FDA, as of yesterday, has released the name of the Chinese supplier of tainted wheat gluten used in these animal food products.

Pittsburgh Live Article

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has identified the Chinese company that it said supplied the contaminated ingredient used in now-recalled pet foods that has sickened and killed thousands of animals nationwide.
The FDA ordered "detention without examination" of wheat gluten from Xuzhou Anying Biologic Technology Development Co. Ltd., which is based in Jiangsu province. Xuzhou Anying's wheat gluten contains melamine, which is described as a poisonous or injurious substance and an unsafe food additive, according to an import notice issued Friday by the FDA.

Xuzhou Anying officials who speak English could not be reached for comment Sunday evening, and translators were unavailable.

The FDA import notice said all wheat gluten from China and the Netherlands is to be inspected. The Netherlands is included in the order because Chinese wheat gluten is shipped through that country, it said.

I think what is more important than naming the source of contamination is what steps these companies can take to make sure all their ingredients are pure and safe. I have no idea how easy or hard it would be to test the gluten and other ingredients but they're has to be some sort of quality/safety control the company uses to ensure this type of widespread contamination doesn't occur.

If for some reason you want to reach the company here's their website, the English is very limited on it so they might not understand an English email.

Xuzhou Anying Biologic

[edit on 4/2/2007 by SmallMindsBigIdeas]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
yeah unfortunately thats what the fda does and it didnt work....well imean its not surprising everything we by in stores is allowed a minute amount of certain poisons at levels they deem acceptable...the coatings on most of our medicines are made of oil....it seems they dont care....but is that surprising either?

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
What I want to know is what happened to the rat poison? They had the name of the poison, they said the food was tainted and then all or a sudden it's Melamine?
Are we being deliberately misled? Any one have any info about the change in contaminants?

Rat poison discussion
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
not only that like four days ago they said it was arsenic on cnn

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The FDA has not really pinpointed the source of the toxic wheat gluten. Or if they have they're still not really saying:

However, Ms. Geng said the company based in the eastern province of Jiangsu had not manufactured the gluten but had instead bought it from companies in neighbouring provinces. She said Xuzhou Anying sold it onward to another Jiangsu company, Suzhou Textile Import and Export Co.
There are many other exporters and I don't see why they would just blame us,” Ms. Geng said.

Source

Like I said before, we are not getting the full story. And it is important to know where the product was originally produced because there will be more than one exporter. That means this product is not limited to pet food.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
What I want to know is what happened to the rat poison? They had the name of the poison, they said the food was tainted and then all or a sudden it's Melamine?
Are we being deliberately misled? Any one have any info about the change in contaminants?

Rat poison discussion
www.abovetopsecret.com...

New York State is still standing by the rat poison findings. Basically they found rat poison as well as melamine.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by strangefires]

New York officials have detected melamine in the recalled food as well. Yet New York remained confident in its aminopterin finding, said Patrick Hooker, commissioner of the New York state Department of Agriculture and Markets. Hooker added that neither aminopterin nor melamine should be in pet food, but that it was unclear why the latter substance would be poisonous to the cats in which it was found.

Source

[edit on 2-4-2007 by strangefires]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
....it wouldnt be that hard to figure out look at one of the brands thats been recalled see who distibutes them then see what other companies they distribute to and if you can find a human food they make too dont eat it

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I hope this leads the FDA to look more into foods. I recently did a presentation on the Taco Bell brand taco shells that were made with genetically modified corn; the same corn which was only to be used as feed for livestock. Their taco shells spurred many allergic reactions and deaths, because no one looked into their ingredients.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I refuse to eat anything but raw hotdogs and hamburger meat. This way I know what i'm getting and there's no wheat gluton. Nothing cooked just raw meat on a plate.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmallMindsBigIdeas
The FDA, as of yesterday, has released the name of the Chinese supplier of tainted wheat gluten used in these animal food products.

Oh sure, they have released the name of the CHINESE company, but there is a US company that HAS NOT been identified. And the US company MIGHT be distributing to HUMAN FOOD manufacturers....but WE DON'T KNOW, because the FDA has REFUSED to name them.......

That's what I was referring to......and what bugs me the most! And I don't believe I'll be eating much packaged food, ( like canned meat products and anything with wheat gluten on the label ) till they tell us the WHOLE truth.

Maybe we need to be writing to food manufacturers and telling them we will boycott all their products unless they put pressure on the FDA to reveal the company in question.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
maybe this is how they plan to get rid of some of the population

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
I hope this leads the FDA to look more into foods. I recently did a presentation on the Taco Bell brand taco shells that were made with genetically modified corn; the same corn which was only to be used as feed for livestock. Their taco shells spurred many allergic reactions and deaths, because no one looked into their ingredients.

What evidence was there for deaths caused by StarLink? I couldn't even find any really solid evidence for widespread allergic reactions to it.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
frayed

I have to agree with you. I have tossed all canned food from my home. i'm not eating anything if it is not fresh.

I don't trust the FDA or anyone in the government.

I think this could be some type of experiment. They are waiting to see what kind of reaction they get from people...

There have been food scares in the past along with drug scares...I don't know about the government anymore.

If it isn't fresh, I'm staying away from it.

I don't know if you remember or if there is a parrelell here, but in one of the planet of the ape movies - all the dogs and cats died of a mysterious desease....They could be starting something like this.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfTom

If it isn't fresh, I'm staying away from it.

Even fresh foods are dangerous, (spinach = E.coli). Food producers are literally getting away with murder. The FDA is refusing to name the american company for a reason, and I'm betting their praying this whole thing will die down so they don't ever have to.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Does Haliburton have a foods division??!!

If you buy fresh, at least you can cook it to death. But watch out for those hot dogs.....mine say they use corn starch, but others might use gluten in their filler.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join