It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Thoughts: Will Billy Donovon come back to Kentucky?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
After all, Florida is a Football school. I doubt that Florida can afford to pay top dollar for both a football and Basketball coach.

Coaching at Kentucky is the highlight of anyone's career. The UK boosters were willing to raise 4 million just to buy out Tubby's contract. It's expected that they will offer Billy D 3.5 -4 million per year for 7 years. Making him the highest paid basketball coach. I doubt Florida can match that after what they are paying their football coach.

Billy D will still only be second behind the football program at Florida, while at Kentucky Billy would be King.

After all, he has a lot of history in Kentucky.

What are everyone's thoughts?

[edit on 2-4-2007 by JackCash]

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I think in kentucky donavon will never be king he will always be behind (i cant remember his name) but that other coach that they love. He will stay here. if he leaves i can garantee we will riot (i live on campus i know all hell will break loose) The kentucy boosters may put up alot of money to back him but money def. will be no option. He can build a dynasty here if he stays. Also although football is KING here. basketball is no longer the step child that others portray it to be. (Plus he aleady told the new recruits that he was staying so....i think he is weighing his options but he wont move.)

posted on Apr, 6 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
why would billy have left florida? he is invested here. He has helped establish his church, helped build a school there that his son plays on there team! He is trying and succeeding at building a legacy here! Plus after the way kentucky fans treated tubby, who in there right mind would want to be under that pressure? You got to give your coach that room to operate without putting doubt and the threat of losing his job in dudes mind. We support and love our coach even thru those early tourney losses the last few years.!

join