It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC Gamers: New Game Ideas???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This might be a good way to get people talking about games they always wanted to see.

I was just posting elsewhere about an idea for a couple strategy games:

A "Running Man" based on hypothetical Presidential elections...

And a New World Order game where you're the bad guy!
Influence, assassignate, invade, etc. spread out over a loosely based history of the past 250 years.

Post your own ideas (if you want). Or please let me know if anyone has an inside track to gamers or knows a place to submit ideas you really want to see become games. I mean if they have Airline CEO simulators, they'll make ANYTHING!

Games! Ya!

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I think that they need to make a game about stoners. It would sell good because stoners like video games.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I think that they need to make a game about stoners. It would sell good because stoners like video games.

It wouldn't be too much of a stretch from vice city.

Premise, you're undercover DEA but the cops don't know it. You have to a) make contacts, without getting busted b) score, without getting busted and c) distribute, in order to look like a 'real' bad guy.

As for using, they'd have to say um... you don't inhale.
I hate it when they make games politically correct, or try to...

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Make a game using the Shadowrun Universe and you'll have gold.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Lysergic

That I can only agree. I think they tried it, back in the day of the old sega genesis 16 bit

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Shadowrun for the Genesis was the bomb...

I am just thinking if they made a modern day version... or even if they made an MMORPG type game out of it there would be lots of money to be made.

Because Shadowrun is simply the #, can't beat cyberpunks, magik and implants.

Deus Ex 2 sorta reminds me of shadowrun..

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
How about this idea for a game.

Its the year 2003. The main character is a former Special Forces Soldier just starting work in the CIA. By accident he uncovers evidence that his own government, along with the help of a foreign Intelligence Agency, was involved in the plot to kill thousands of americans on 9/11 in order to bring about a Police State in the US. His superiors discover he found the evidence so he's now a marked man running away from a government who's trying to kill him.

Hows that sound for a game idea.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I'd play that Ocelot.

I'd also like a war game where you weren't the biggest and baddest. Let's say you're a tiny sovereign country being overrun by NWO "infidels"...you're outmanned, outgunned and the world is against you.

Could call it "Spider Holes". Commands like "false surrender" or "arm guerilla citizens".

Kind of like this SC screen shot, but you can set oil wells on fire! www.gathering.com...

[Edited on 29-12-2003 by RANT]

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Ocelot

You're idea reminded me a little bit of Splinter Cell.
I'm not saying you copied or took that idea from 'em. Just some parts that are similar. But again, lots of game have similar base-concepts.

Lysergic

I would kill to have a shadowrun game a-la GTA style...
That would kick ass. Cyber-implant to beat the crap out of gangster lol... Imagine how sweet that would be.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yeah a GTA/RPG style Shadowrun would rock... Would need to keep the Karma for stats/skills imo.

Would be fun doing runs for all the Mega Corps... or Taking down the Mega Corps...

So many ways the game could go, I would want it to be massively expansive.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It would rock, because the devellopers would barely have almost no limits. Imagine the weapons and vehicles they could create...

*drools at the idea of a new shadowrun games...*

How 'bout we start a petition and when we have enough names, we send it to a EA games or Rockstars or any other big video game company. Lol...

Why would they not do it anyway?

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Actually... Doesn't Microsoft own Fasa now?

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Just checked their website, it appears they do...

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Ocelot

You're idea reminded me a little bit of Splinter Cell.
I'm not saying you copied or took that idea from 'em. Just some parts that are similar. But again, lots of game have similar base-concepts.

Actually you are quite right. My inspiration for this game was Slinter Cell/ Metal Gear Solid/ Max Payne.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Okay I got it. Shadowrun Universe, GTA3 play style, with splinter cell graphics.

Add Multiplayer = endless fun.

What more could you ask for?

Got Hi-Tech stuff, Hella guns, Black and White Magics...

Fantasy races

vehicles, armors, implants, and conspiracy

now if only we were all programmers :p

top topics

join