It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amelia Earhart clues turning up 70 years later

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
News Source

SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- It's the coldest of cold cases, and yet 70 years after Amelia Earhart disappeared, clues are still turning up.

The previously unknown diary of an Associated Press reporter, surfacing after decades.

If what's known now had been conveyed to searchers then, might Earhart and her navigator have been rescued? It's one of a thousand questions that keep the case from being declared dead, as Earhart herself was a year and a half after she vanished.

If there is one case of a missing person that is really puzzling, full of mysteries and a possible conspiracy involved, I would say that Amelia Earhart's case is one of the classics.

To date, this has not been really solved. There are various theories.

Now, 70 years later, clues are still turning up, I wonder if there is any member here in ATS who has a good theory who researched this case extensively. With this current news, maybe it's a good time to hear some of the opinion.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Links broken Can you fix it?
Intrested in reading that

hope this was it[/edit2]

adding another link with

more

[edit on 4/2/2007 by EvilBat]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I'm also adding a link to The official site for her history

Official Site bios and stuff

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Sorry. My bad. Link fixed.

This always happen.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
This has always interested me for some reason.I haven't studied the case.I've seen a few tv shows on it ,but thats it.The theory I keep hearing is that the japanese thought she was a spy and killed her .Don't know.Its definitely a puzzling case.

[edit on 2-4-2007 by crowpruitt]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
What I don't understand is this ....

Obviously she and the other fella were alive on the Island. They crashed and lived. It only took four days for help to reach them? Right? (or am I missing something?) So they were alive and had fresh food/water and supposedly within that four days they were gone??

Someone fill in what I'm missing here .. please.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
never really looked in to this story so i might just do some research

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching_for_truth
If there is one case of a missing person that is really puzzling, full of mysteries and a possible conspiracy involved, I would say that Amelia Earhart's case is one of the classics.

Strange, I think Earhart's case is one of the easiest "missing person" cases to explain. She flew a small plane out over the Pacific, went off course, ran out of fuel and ditched it. Just one more "lost at sea" case. Now, if her plane had returned by itself, without Amelia, THAT would be real mystery.

— Doc Velocity

top topics

join