It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary alien video

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by goddogo1
So can anybody find out anything about the handicap man in the video.

I don't think that head is real,I bet it's just a normal guy.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reminds me a bit of those scenes towards the end of "the hills have eyes".

:]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
This isn't an alien.

It's a music video to the band Aphex Twins - Rubber Johnny, i believe. Been circling the net for a few years now.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Before I read the rest of the posts I felt that looked fake.

All the movements looked too mechanical to me.

The eyes blinking. The way the mouth snapped up and down (and no sideways movement). And the way the head moved sidways.

If I didn't here "rubber Johnny" I would have thought rubber something.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hlesterjerome
Before I read the rest of the posts I felt that looked fake. All the movements looked too mechanical to me. The eyes blinking. The way the mouth snapped up and down (and no sideways movement). And the way the head moved sidways. If I didn't here "rubber Johnny" I would have thought rubber something.

The yapping Johnny with the baby voice was a real guy wearing a prosthetic headpiece, just shot in out-of-focus night vision — the babbling baby voice was digitally enhanced, of course, and the mature off-camera man's voice was overdubbed later, I imagine. Looks like a lot of the jerkiness of the clip was accomplished by removing, like, every other frame or more. Just my guess on the editing, but that's a real dude under the headpiece.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
just for future reference so this doesn't come up again...whether it is a prosthetic or not, it is a person portrayed as having a hydrocephalic condition.
images.google.com...

The name says it all, water (hydro) head (cephalic)

[edit on 2-4-2007 by Platinumstorm]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Platinumstorm
just for future reference so this doesn't come up again...whether it is a prosthetic or not, it is a person portrayed as having a hydrocephalic condition.
images.google.com...

The name says it all, water (hydro) head (cephalic)

[edit on 2-4-2007 by Platinumstorm]

Weird, on page 3 i found this-

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Platinumstorm
just for future reference so this doesn't come up again...whether it is a prosthetic or not, it is a person portrayed as having a hydrocephalic condition. The name says it all, water (hydro) head (cephalic)

Well, hydrochephalism is a degenerative condition — it gradually destroys brain tissue due to the build-up of fluid pressure.

In the case of Rubber Johnny, I believe we're supposed to conclude that his massive skull is full of mutant brains, which allow him to manifest his hallucinations into reality. So, I don't see Rubber Johnny as a hydrochephalic at all — he's more like the next evolutionary step for humans. IMHO

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It looks like a person suffering from Proteus syndrome, the disorder that afflicted Joseph Merrick (the famed elephant man).
Poor thing, if it is indeed real.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
Poor thing, if it is indeed real.

Not real at all. Just an experimental music video.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I see.
Well, I certainly feel for the guy who had to sit there and wear that thing.

My goodness, that seems uncomfortable!

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
That guy in the music video is in nearly all of Aphex Twin's vids. He always has some kind of weird prosthetic make up on... and AT's vids are usually really really weird!

As soon as the vid started I knew it was Aphex Twin

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The guy in the video isn't 'real'...

I remember researching this video to figure that out. It's a long video available on DVD.

The story of the video is that this rubber johnny character is able to create false realities. His parents keep him locked in the basement with his dog...

I remember specifically reading that the creator in the video had it so the rubber johnny character ends up going down the street & meets up with a female character of the same type. The creator later removed this because he felt it didn't fit...

I also remember reading a review talking about the quality of the effets, saying that they're so good, watching them frame by frame in high quality gives you a better appreciation of the music video...

But in the end, that's all that it is, a special effects music video...

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
LOL

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Its a music video BTW

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Extraterrestrial being are most commonly reported as small grey guys aproximitey around 4 or 5 feet. Ufo's on the other hand are more often reported then alien figures. Over 1000's of years ago in ancient egyptain and roman times ufo's were described on walls. This still carrys on to day but people draw out a the ufo they (apparantley) have seen on paper. But today both ufo and alien reports are being persued by secret government agent's. Some of you guys might have heard about the famouse Roswell incident or the Kenneth arnold reports they to have been persued. In the those times America and alot of other countrys were trying to cover up on the Roswell incident. Please in this univers we are not alone.

P.S Reply soon and have a safe and happy summer

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join