It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish History in a nutshell...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I'm not Jewish.

This link provides some very interesting information of Jewish history that I didn't know.

jewishinternetassociation.org...

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Gee, you really know where to get the most comprehensive, objective, independent source of history on Israel and the Middle East!

Its one thing that such violence exists but it is another thing when people start to espouse their political disposition through the conduit of what seems to be an ostensibly factual and objective documentation of history, as this link that you have provided attempts to achieve, but seems to be blinded by its predilections towards Israel.

If you were to bother to read further into the history of Israel and Palestine you would see that there is a lot more to it than what is presented in this deplorable excuse for a historical recount. I advocate neither the dogma or the political stance of the Palestinians or the Israelis but I do advocate the presentation of objective and impartial material, unlike this repugnant excuse for a historical recount that you have subjected the open minded constituents of this web-site to.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It didn't bother me. Actually, I think they were about as nice about Arafat as you can get. Aside from the Israel issue, he's been exposed as a blatant crook a thousand times over.

What I didn't know was all the Egyptian military action in the 60's.

Anyway, not exactly a "history of the jews" as much as a history of Isreal since the war. That's all.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It didn't really contain anything new. And it was somewhat biased.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by astarc
Gee, you really know where to get the most comprehensive, objective, independent source of history on Israel and the Middle East!

It�s not at all comprehensive or objective. It is, however, just as independent as it would be if you or I made the presentation. ConceptWizard is a private web-design company that makes presentations like this in their spare time.

It is, however, a good basic primer on the Israeli/Arab conflict. While it does favor Israel, it is also factually correct.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
if you get an opinion on israels history from a jewish site its gonna be bias... if you went to Hamas's website and read their version i'd gaurantee its not anything like what the one posted is...
For the record Arafat has won a Nobel peace prize where as Ariel Sharon has been convicted of war crimes... yet the US back israel... and does the barrier fence the israelis are making remind anyone of another designed to block people movement... the berlin wall.... admittedly the berlin wall was to stop emmigration and the israeli wall is for security but i feel the key to peace lies with israel stopping with attacts on civilian targets

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Ahhh yes, Arafat and the Nobel Prize and he still preaches the "destruction of the Jews and the Jewish state of Israel".......forgive the pun, but very NOBEL of him, is it not?

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
just in case!!!

i'm not anti-semetic or anything i dislike islamic extremeists (i.e terrorists) just as much as i hate the state of israel, or the american administration... they seem that two wrongs make a right... which it does maybe temporarily... but it usually ends up as a bigger wrong... if that makes sense... anyhoo like i said the whole region is fcuked

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by astarc

If your going to dispute something then you had better prove someone wrong before you say they're wrong.

Those are undeniable facts, Arafat plays the martyr card and uses the "palestinian people" as political pawns to further advance his cause, his cause is the systematic destruction of a state, a religion and a people, how you can call this man a man of peace utterly baffles me, he is madness on par with Stalin.

"If all the arab countries in the middle east were to disarm then there would be peace, If Israel were to disarm there would be no more Israel"

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The Israeli's fear regimes that will never recognize their legitimate right to exist.

The arab world fears the economic and political power of Israel far out of proportion to her size.

Maybe in the end the wall will be a good compromise.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Are you really General Clark in disguise?

"Vote Nerdling - I'm a democrat for guns, moderate gun control, pro-choice, pro-civil unions and i'm against medicare, affirmative action and tax cuts!"

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Is it only me or has Israel done MORE steps toward peace in the last years than the Palestines?

Not talking about the presentation above, this is some very biased history but measuring the last 10 years I see more "good" action of Israel towards peace than from Palestine. There have been already offerings for a new country of Palestine and they reject it and say that they want to kill all Jews.
Now how weak is that?

There was a lot of # in the last hundreds of years down there but in the last years there is just one man to blame and to kill and this is this bastard of Arafat. Even Hamas has an treaty with Israel to not attack but Arafat and his terrorism friends still go on.

Long time I wasn't pro Israel but the last years really convinved me who are to blame.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Jews a group of people which had terrible and a horror in wo2 but did not learn from what hapent to them. instead they go and claim a piece of land and take it by force doing the same as NSDAP germany and killing much people. But the palestinians are not better also because now it is time for open discusion with out bombings and so on. They are both really quilty of crimes against humanity. Instead of living together. Here in holland we have all kinds of people living next to each other jews and moslims. israeliers and palestinians. Turkish and people from marrocco.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   

if you get an opinion on israels history from a jewish site its gonna be bias... if you went to Hamas's website and read their version i'd gaurantee its not anything like what the one posted is...

Well, the Iraqi Information officer's and the US's version of the war progress in Iraq is pretty different too, but I know which one is factual, hehe.....

As for Arafat and his Nobel Prize....for me, the Nobel kind of lost it's luster when the Peace Prize went to a known terrorist.....
Note, Sharon is no angel either, but Arafat deserved a Nobel, about as much as Hitler did.....

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX

And the difference is that while this website is biased, it is factually correct.

Originally posted by specialasianX
For the record Arafat has won a Nobel peace prize where as Ariel Sharon has been convicted of war crimes... yet the US back israel... and does the barrier fence the israelis are making remind anyone of another designed to block people movement... the berlin wall.... admittedly the berlin wall was to stop emmigration and the israeli wall is for security but i feel the key to peace lies with israel stopping with attacts on civilian targets

Arafat won the Nobel prize for agreeing to the Oslo accords, and then betrayed the Oslo agreement by not living up to its one requirement of him, to take action against terrorists. It was this betrayal of Oslo that led to the election of Sharon.

Sharon was never convicted of any war crime. There is, however, an intensive smear campaign against him by anti-Israeli pro-Palestinian-Arab groups and individuals who object to him not trading more Israeli concessions for empty promises.

And if you would like to discuss the wall, here is another thread on the subject:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 29-12-2003 by Mycroft]

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Interesting stuff but I do think a more accurate title would be Israel's history in a nutshell. The "how did it start" section itself only begins in 1920 which works fine for me on Israel but has nothing to do with the Jews.

As for the comments on Mr. Arafat, I suppose if you live in a very sheltered community or something, maybe you could still consider him worthy of the packing material his peace prize arrived in. I'm not saying sharon is an angel, but please don't consider arafat one either. That's a little silly

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Well, I personnal tend to not trust anybody I meet until I see what they do and can guage their intentions by their actions.

The Israelis were attacked and invaded by Egypt multiple times. The government of Nasser was once their greatest enemy. Nasser vowed to totally destroy the Jewish state in the name of Islam. After almost being destroyed by invading Arab armies, Israel threw back the Egyptians and seized control of the Sinia Penninsula, which basically doubled the Israeli landmass.

Despite all this, the Israelis decided that it was more important to give up a piece of land (the Sinai Penninsula), which they could have settled and used for expansion, in order to gain peace with their Egyptian neighbors. WHen the Sinai was returned, the Egyptians saw that their neighbors to the Northeast were not a threat to them, and that they could be negotiated with. Since then, Egypt and Israel have had a cordial, if strained, relationship. Years later, Israel and Jordan patched things up as well.

What I am trying to get at is that at least the Israelis have set some precidents in their efforts to negotiate peace with their hostile neighbors. And that they have negotiated successfully and in good faith.

Once that poisonous viper Arafat is long gone maybe that Palestinians will find peace, but not before I think....

[Edited on 30-12-2003 by Pyros]

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
i just learned that "Jews rule the world by proxy"...

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Oh yes, it's incredible if you read certain websites. I wonder how the Jews are able to deal with the responsibilities of controlling the media, the banks, and all the other countries of the world. You'd thing such a mega-powerful group would never have any problems huh?

new topics

top topics

join