It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

- New life stewing in our oceans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
If our planets climate is getting warmer than does that mean our oceans should be experiencing bursts of new life forms ?

I have been reading about in the ocean studies near volcanic areas were new life was observed because of the heat.

I wonder if we could possibly start having more in abundance life popping up ?

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
if its true that life emerged origionally from heat and chemical reactions in the oceans, then this could be a way to create new life artificially

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It isn't unlikely that new life is forming. Some scientists believe that life was indeed started in the ocean. (Sealife)

This is also why we are investing time in exploring one of Jupiter's more known satellites, Europa. Scientists theorize that under the frozen ice on Europa's surface may lie an liquid water ocean.

-wD

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If new lifeforms were formed, they wouldn't stand a chance against the much better adapted lifeforms that are already on earth. The current lifeforms took billions of years to evolve and are much more advanced than new ones.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Or due to the heat up, previously unkown lifeforms are emerging from the depths of the ocean. Not sure if water temp is rising, or if it is, rising a great deal.

If the water temp is increasing, then it is plausible that deep sea life is able to survive longer in shallower water.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The evolutionary process goes on all around us constantly, but speeds up, slows down and generally adapts itself to the climate. Therefore I can imagine that new life should be starting to evolve if the seas are starting to heat up, Who knows what will come next, but then again, we are not fully aware of what is in the ocean at the moment!

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Quite possible especially on the micro level.

At the macro level animals could become larger if it is easier for them to exist in warmer water. Some creatures unable to adapt fast enough would perish I believe.

Would land animals take to the water more frequently too if water is warmer? Seems likely.

new topics

top topics

join