It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some British Teachers Dropping the Holocaust From Their History Lessons

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Some British Teachers Dropping The Holocaust From Their History Lessons

www.dailymail.co.uk

Schools are dropping the Holocaust from history lessons to avoid offending Muslim pupils, a Government backed study has revealed.

It found some teachers are reluctant to cover the atrocity for fear of upsetting students whose beliefs include Holocaust denial.

There is also resistance to tackling the 11th century Crusades - where Christians fought Muslim armies for control of Jerusalem - because lessons often contradict what is taught in local mosques.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/1/2007 by shots]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
What is the difference if a teacher upsets a child; history is history, you do not change it just because it offends one or two groups.

The holocaust was not limited to Jews, what about all the Russians and Poles that were killed, don't they count anymore?

This is yet another step at taking Political correctness to far. If teachers refuse to teach everything that happened, they should be fired.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Different paper slightly different slant on story.

Source

Schools are dropping controversial subjects from history lessons - such as the Holocaust and the Crusades - because teachers do not want to cause offence, Government research has found.

The way the slave trade is taught can lead white children - as well as black pupils - to feel alienated, according to the study by the Historical Association.

And a lack of factual knowledge among teachers, particularly in primary schools, is leading to "shallow" lessons on emotive and difficult subjects.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Furnished just in case first source left out some important details.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
hmmm...

I would be careful with the sources though, VERY right wing.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
hmmm...

That is why I furnished two sources infinite I am very reluctant to use UK sources for fear they are a tabloid and live on gossip.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
That is why I furnished two sources infinite I am very reluctant to use UK sources for fear they are a tabloid and live on gossip.

Good man shots

I'll keep a look out on other media sources to see what comes up

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Good man shots

I'll keep a look out on other media sources to see what comes up

Thank you kind Sir.

Just found another myself and also am looking for more. I prefer to be objective rather then rush on stories this sensitive.

Daily Star Says

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Did you even read the source?

It found some teachers are dropping courses covering the Holocaust at the earliest opportunity over fears Muslim pupils might express anti-Semitic and anti-Israel reactions in class.

Your quote:

What is the difference if a teacher upsets a child; history is history, you do not change it just because it offends one or two groups.

How does this line up? The teachers are dropping it, because they do not want to deal with the problems of having to fill out forms on Children who display Anti-Israeli and Anti-Jewish views. It has nothing to do with Muslim Children or Parents complaining about the teachings of the Holocaust. In fact, it has nothing to do with the Children what so ever.

Furthermore, no single name was named in this. What Schools? What teachers? What mosques? The fact is, without any single source showing names this article is rubbish. It is the same as someone on this website writing an Op-Ed and claiming this. You can't validate it, you can't check it and it is a sad state of affairs when such junk is posted time and time again on this website.

Name the Schools.
Name the Teachers.
Name the Mosques.

Otherwise, it isn't happening.

Furthermore, find an example of where the children have caused the problem and not where it is these so called "teachers backing away" from a "risky" issue.

Edit:

The newest source is even better:

Christian parents at another school complained over the way the Arab-Israeli conflict was taught.

Funny isn't it. How it is Christian Parents that are meant to be the ones with the problem. Not Muslims.

Edit 2: What report? I have yet to see one linked or named.

[edit on 1/4/2007 by Odium]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

Name the Schools.
Name the Teachers.
Name the Mosques.

Otherwise, it isn't happening.

Furthermore, find an example of where the children have caused the problem and not where it is these so called "teachers backing away" from a "risky" issue.

Edit:

The newest source is even better:

Christian parents at another school complained over the way the Arab-Israeli conflict was taught.

Funny isn't it. How it is Christian Parents that are meant to be the ones with the problem. Not Muslims.

Edit 2: What report? I have yet to see one linked or named.

I detect some denial on your part which is fine, but should we deny that Russians, Poles and Slovaks were killed in the holocaust? Dont tell me no Slovaks died my great grandmorther was one of them.

As for which schools etc I too and others would like to know but at least three sources are now reporting it so they all can not be lying can they?

Or let me ask you this can you show evidence that states this is all a lie. or has been made up? I doubt it, but I am certainly willing to hear your version rather then hey its just made up.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Shots, your response is laughable.

If I claim I can fly, do I have to proove it or do I sit here and say: "You proove it." T he fact is, none of these sources link back to this so called article which isn't on the site. The website being this: www.dfes.gov.uk...

Furthermore, my grandfather is a WW2 Vet and I am part Russia. I don't deny the holocaust.

The facts though are simple: You have linked sites, which do not source their material. They all seem to quote one-another and thus are not three different reports or reporters.

Also, nice try to divert the subject and change it into my suffering from a form of holocaust denial. Interesting to show the decline in the site within this thread. Also interesting how you divert the threads you start.

I've linked the Government site, which doesn't have this report listed on it or when you search the website this doesn't pop up. Ball is in your court, show me which Schools. Also show me how it is the students and because of the students and not just the teachers themselves.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

The facts though are simple: You have linked sites, which do not source their material. They all seem to quote one-another and thus are not three different reports or reporters.

Sorry I have no control over that and that is why I told infinite I was looking for others sources. I do not claim to be an expert on the British Media and it is not my fault that many of them are tabloids all I can do is find several an hope a median can be reached.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
If this is true, and I emphasize if, it is one of the most idiotic things
I have ever heard.

What is taught in a mosque, church or synagogue is not acurate,
secular history, oh well, the church(es) do not get to decide what
gets to be taught or not, nor does it matter if it goes against your
beliefs.

The parents need to realize they do not get to decide if there children
learn the truth or not.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
You have no control over what you post? Well fair enough from now on I will believe that.

I am glad, you have no control over if you check sources. :-)

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

You have no control over what you post? Well fair enough from now on I will believe that.

I am glad, you have no control over if you check sources. :-)

I can see you are looking to pick a fight and I am not into that. I clearly stated I tried to find more then one source because I was not sure of the British Media, I am sorry that does not fit your liking but you will have to live with it not me. I did try and I DID GIVE YOU an opportunity to present an opposing view which you were unable to do so that is not my fault. Have a nice day and a better tomorrow

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
I did try and I DID GIVE YOU an opportunity to present an opposing view which you were unable to do so that is not my fault. Have a nice day and a better tomorrow

I think you find I did.

I've given you the Government website, where no report is posted. Since ever report is published on the Government website it is easy to assume that this report does not exist.

Furthermore, you cannot show us this report.

Again you have a very poor arguement. The burden of proof is on you, not me. You can't display a School, Teacher, Government Report or anything along those lines. Instead all you have done is given newspapers as sources who themselves don't display any of this. That's not evidence.

Show us the Government piece of research where this is from. You've been given the website or would you rather I link every single report that doesn't say this? I am sure that the admins of the site would be happy with thousands of links being posted to show you this.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I've given you the Government website, where no report is posted. Since ever report is published on the Government website it is easy to assume that this report does not exist.

Hey what can I say I made it very clear I was not sure of the British Media that is why I looked up more then one site.

Also did it ever enter your mind the government website have not updated the site for one reason or another? Just because you assume it or the report does not exist does not make it so doe it? NOPE
. Again have a nice day

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
hmmmm....

Papers used as sources:

Daily Mail
Daily Express
Daily Star (giggles)

Aside from them all having Daily in their titles, can anyone else see similarities... Oh wait, someone has already said it...

lmao... Daily Star... 'shakes head'

[edit on 1-4-2007 by Terran Blue]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terran Blue
hmmmm....

Papers used as sources:

Daily Mail
Daily Express
Daily Star (giggles)

lmao... Daily Star... 'shakes head'

LMAO back at you now the guradian is carrying the same story

www.guardian.co.uk...

I am a skeptic and I admit it will you? How can so many be so wrong? Granted three that might be contected yes by all means but now we have a fourth claiming the same thing

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Shots, your response is laughable.

If I claim I can fly, do I have to proove it or do I sit here and say: "You proove it."

You can fly ???

Dude !!!

(light hearted insert, because this topic is as he says and is not mine.)

[edit on 1/4/2007 by badw0lf]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
lol,if this is true then can all the "stupid american" jokes stop?
Man,i thought WE were going overboard with not wanting to offend people.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join