It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do We Have Leeway in Breaking News Headlines?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Just a question, my favorite way to contribute to this site is in finding articles of interest and posting them here for the members to try and make this a one stop shop for all news items.

In a recent thread, US Jet Fighters Violate Iran's Airspace, I would much rather have softened the headline as the details were sketchy and as it appears, could have been just a false flag as not much has come of it yet.

I am of the understanding that in the submission of news, I have to use the "article's headline" in the thread headline.

Do we have any say on thread headline in news submissions?

Thanks for your consideration and comments in advance...

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
From the instructions below the news submission form:

Headline: Please use the original story headline from your source. If the headline is biased or otherwise inappropriate, provide a descriptive headline that is accurate and reflects the article you're submitting. Submissions with inaccurate, biased or otherwise deceptive headlines may be removed.

Actually there is a bit of leeway in there. In a case where you can't make an edit because edit time window expired, contact the staff via the complaints forum, and an edit can be made per request.

If a story changes and the subject line no longer reflects the story, you can simply update the thread with a reply, if you feel a change in the subject line is extremely important, as above contact ATS staff.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Thanks for pointing out what I should have noticed in the first place UM-_Gazz!!

That is pretty clear, I feel much better now !!

Back to the fray.....

new topics

join