It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Let's Talk Peace'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert invited Arab leaders Sunday to a regional peace conference, saying that he would look there for an exchange of views about solving the Mideast conflict.

Last week at a summit in Saudi Arabia, the Arab League renewed a 2002 Saudi peace plan that would give Israel recognition in exchange for withdrawal from all captured territories and a just solution for the Palestinian refugees.

Full story here :

Source

Personnally, I believe that it won't make a difference, the conflicts will go on atleast for another 1-2 years. What do you guys think?

-Jimmy-

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
1-2 Years???

You Are Optimist in my opinion

With the Iraq, Iran and Israeli-Palestine Situation I think we will have Much more destructive conflicts in the region

Even if in my opinion the Worst Conflict to come with be a limited nuclear confrontation between India and Pakistan following a coup against Musharraf

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Once the ME "lights-up" will there be anything left worth talking about - let alone talking peace among peoples? Pandora's box. I think it's a done deal already.

My cynical "bet" is next Friday about 2PM Tehran time we'll have a pretty good idea if peace can be talked about. It's gotta happen. Even if she doesn't blow... Peace? Real peace between peoples? Not gonna happen. I don't like any of it. Tick, tick, tick.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Israel is finished. Any Jews living over there should get out while they still can.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
While there is still time to talk, there is still time for peace.

The Saudi's have their own agenda, but if they can at least start a dialogue of peace in the ME then I applaud it.

As far as Israel is concerned, a return to the 1967 borders could only be achieved with World Wide agreement that if they are attacked again the offenders would find their cities turned to glass, no questions asked. If Israel gets that sort of backing from the west, then peace has a chance.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Quite frankly, I see this conflict as having started back during the crusades... sure there have been times of relative peace, but it's really the same damn struggle.

1 to 2 years is very optimistic.
I'd say it could take another 100 or so, maybe more, maybe less.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
No chance of peace in the middle east ever or anywhere for that matter.

For the people engaging in this war it has transcend into a metaphysical war between good and evil. There can be no winners only losers.

If we had of only listened to the hippies. To late now. Everything is spiraling out of control because so many believe that these wars are Biblical prophesy and they welcome the apocalypse.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house!!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Read Sy Hersh New Yorker Article called
"The Redirection" And all this will make sense.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I know I am being optimistic, but maybe when they finally realize that what the're doing is pointless and look at where the Earth is headed, total destruction, I think they might put some 'stuff' aside for a while. And yes, in about 2 years, if this continues, we will be headed for a human extinction.

-Jimmy-

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker PI

As far as Israel is concerned, a return to the 1967 borders could only be achieved with World Wide agreement that if they are attacked again the offenders would find their cities turned to glass, no questions asked. If Israel gets that sort of backing from the west, then peace has a chance.

Israel would never agree to that. The 1967 borders leaves Jerusalem outside of Israel. Jews want the Temple Mount more than any other piece of land. They will not willingly give it up, and they have nukes to back up their arrogance and obstinance.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This blood fued is rediculous.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The proposal in question has been on his desk in the current form since 2002 - and the Arabs have been offering a peace conference a couple of times a year since it was first penned. He has refused them at every turn thusfar.

Why now?

top topics

join