It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Moon Landing a Hoax?...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What bothers me about the Moon landings was,why did'nt the Russians ever visit the Moon?
Even though they would'nt have been the first,one would still think that they would like to demonstrate their ability to land there also?
Why did it become a purely American thing,to visit the Moon?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

Originally posted by swimmer
No "Moon Landing" ever happened. It is not even worth of discussing. Please use elementary logic, and be honest to yourself. It is really not hard to see that it was faked.

This is about the third you've said that in the past two weeks or so. Saying that it's not worth discussing or that you have no interest in discussing it. Why are you posting just to say you have no interesting in discussing the subject? And then you make a claim of how simple it is to see that it's faked, implying that some one would have to be stupid not to see it. But you hide behind your statement of "not worth discussing"
I find that incredibly odd. I normally wouldn't bother addressing this, but like I said, this is the third time you've said something like this.

Why not add something useful to the discussion if you're going to make post or just don't post at all.

You make topics long and hardly readable. You have been writing thousands of lines...for years now, on all topics about fake "Moon landing". You always defend the "official story", in every detail. I think that there is enough evidence for an average educated reader to make up their mind. Just watch the videos, compare both sides' arguments and make up your mind. I don't have time nor do I enjoy exchanging endles replies with jra and other "Flat Earth Soicety" members. I just don't.
I KNOW that they have not landed on the Moon, and it is a SIMPLE fact. Verifiable easily. I don't need any discussion about it, other than HOW they faked it, who was on it, etc.

[edit on 17-1-2009 by greshnik]

jra

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
What bothers me about the Moon landings was,why did'nt the Russians ever visit the Moon?

They had very ambitious plans, but the failure of the N-1 rocket (the Russian equivalent of the Saturn V) set them back. In the mid 70's they had plans to try again and land by 1980, but that too didn't happen, obviously.

Here's a good article that goes into much more detail: www.russianspaceweb.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hey all you moon Doggies!
I am new at this blog stuff so help me out if you can.
I have looked at the pros and cons of the hoax debate.
I would like the help of either camp.
My question to you is " why can I not find a photo of a man with the earth in the background, taken from the surface of the moon? "
Thanks, you all

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Donny 4 million]

[edit on 14-2-2009 by Donny 4 million]

jra

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

Here's one. www.hq.nasa.gov...

The Earth was generally high up in the Lunar sky, so in order to get it in the shot, the astronaut with the camera had to be lower than the astronaut he's photographing. And the spacesuits not being that flexable makes it a bit awkward to accomplish.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The lunar lander is way tall compared to an astronaut.
Is anyone aware of a picture of it with the earth in the background?
I can't imagine anyone with a camera passing up that kind of photo?

jra

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

www.hq.nasa.gov...

Go to www.apolloarchive.com... or www.hq.nasa.gov... which have thousands of photos from the Apollo missions. It doesn't take long to find what you're looking for.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Thanks jra
I did't notice the gov address in your first reply to my question.
That is exactly the type photo I am seeking. And thanks for the archive address also.
I am asumming the astronaut photo with the flag and moon is in the archive?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jra

See this youtube vid. The tester plays football in one. They were pretty flexible.

Odd photo. If you gamma correct it the Earth looks photoshopped in. The background is very odd looking.

Not saying it's proof of a hoaxed landing. Just odd.

jra

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million
I am asumming the astronaut photo with the flag and moon is in the archive?

Yep it's in there. You'll find two photos like that from Apollo 17.

Originally posted by Syandos
See this youtube vid. The tester plays football in one. They were pretty flexible.

Yes, you can still move around and do relitively normal things in them, but it is more difficult. Especially on the Moon and having to deal with the lower gravity as well.

Here's one example of an astronaut dropping something and bends over to pick it up, only to fall over himself. www.youtube.com... There are more videos like that on the side.

It might have more to do with the weight of the PLSS on there back, but either way. It's hard to bend down without falling over and almost just as hard to get back up.

Odd photo. If you gamma correct it the Earth looks photoshopped in. The background is very odd looking.

It does not look photoshopped in. When you crank the gamma to extremes like that, funny things are going happen. What you're seeing is the .jpg compression.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Thanks for your input Syandos.
The flexability of those guys and thier suits is not an issue for me. A high quality photo from the surface with a man and the earth in it would, I think stop a lot of nay saying. You could compare it with shots from orbit. It would be nice to see a good one with a man. Remember the conspiracy is all about a man being on the moon. I hope jra will stick with us on this, he seem way informed.
PS How did you do the Gamma stuff. Cool

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jra

Yeah, good points.

First the tester wasn't wearing the back pack/refrig unit
Second, he was in Earth Grav
Third I presume the back pack made them a bit top heavy.

Also if you look at the part about the construction of the gloves it readily debunks the guy who had the rubber glove in the vacuum housing. They had a special material and internal netting designed to improve the flex and grip, but yes, the gloves and the arms tended to 'spring' back.

Also, correct cranking gamma can make it look funny, and I'm not saying it -was- photoshopped. In fact if it's clearly authentic, it can debunk claims of apparent shopping.

Good post!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to jra
Thanks Dude,I found them. AS1713420387-86
These photos do not allow me to recognize the earth as it looks in orbital photos. It seems to me that the earth looks smaller in them. It also seems that these photos are more easily captured than you explained in your previous post. Would you like to declare Pro or Con?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I got half way down the first page, and run in to the same thing you often see from people who see conspiracys everywhere.

If data, radio transmissions, photos/video etc isnt 'verification' of the moon landings, what exactly do you need to believe we did land there? Im assuming nothing short of being strapped to a rocket to see various bits of junk that was left behind would be the only thing.

And of course, that wouldnt be enough because 'ahha! I also said there is a chance we did land, but it wasnt the people we are told it is.'

So at the end of the day the only way you'll get verification suitable for you is to build a time machine, and THEN hitch a ride. Well....thats sure reasonable.

The thing That always amazes me though is that every fuzzy photo or half arsed video of a UFO/bigfoot/Lizardmen in the white house is UNDENIABLE PROOF! But when given mountains of evidance for something they want to conspiracy rage against its not enough.

jra

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Here's the transcripts of the audio transmissions with commentary in the square brackets
From Apollo Lunar Surface Journal

118:25:47 Cernan: I want to get the Earth.

118:25:49 Schmitt: Okay. Let me get over here.

118:25:51 Cernan: Get around on that side.

[Jack had moved west of the pole, and now moves back. He overshoots his mark and sprays dust as he stops.]

118:25:54 Schmitt: I don't think it's going...You're a little close, maybe, to have them both in focus. That might do it.

[Gene starts to bend his knees and, in an effort to get Earth in the picture along with Jack and the flag, almost gets down on his knees. His first effort, AS17-134- 20383 gets the flag but very little of Jack and the Earth, his second photo, AS17-134-20384, is much more successful. After he gets up, Gene gives Jack the camera and they trade places.]

[Using planetarium software, we see that, had cloud cover over the southwestern Pacific been lighter, the Antarctica would have been visible at the left and Australia would have been coming into view over the top.]

118:26:08 Cernan: Try that one time, then we'll give up and get to work. (Long Pause)

[Jack holds the camera in his hand and gets it as low to the ground as he can without kneeling.]

118:26:26 Cernan: Point it up a little...Yeah. (Pause)

[This is AS17-134- 20385.]

118:26:32 Schmitt: Let me try it again.

118:26:33 Cernan: Okay.

[This is AS17-134-20386. This photo shows the "red apple" actuator for the purge valve reasonably well.]

118:26:35 Schmitt: I don't know, Geno.

118:26:36 Cernan: Okay.

118:26:38 Schmitt: Let me get over here closer to you. (Pause)

[Once again, Jack almost goes to his knees.]

118:26:43 Schmitt: Okay. That might have got it.

And here's the video clip Unfortunately it's in a real media format. You can download the "real alternative" player if you can't get it to work. You can see the astronauts almost on there knee's trying to get the shot. It didn't look that easy.

As for the Earth looking small. How big should it look exactly?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hey jra
Again, thanks for taking the time.
First let me say I have the deepest respect for all those who gave their all for the Apollo program and all those that have and do endeavor towards the stars.
Would you like to address another question?
The only real reason to go to the moon according to most landing proponents was to beat the Russians.
Why did we have to beat them so many times?
I do not have the means to determine the size the earth should be as viewed from the moon. (camera variation and all) I would guess it would be inversely proportional to the view of the moon from the earth. It is strange that there are not any clear photos of the earth with men in them.
Human nature would demand this, along with the image of the man in the picture. The degree of difficulty to take them is minimal compared to all the other mission requirements.

jra

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million
Would you like to address another question?

Ask away. I'm more than happy to discuss the subject.

The only real reason to go to the moon according to most landing proponents was to beat the Russians. Why did we have to beat them so many times?

It wasn't the only reason to go, but that was a big reason for the US Government. I don't really get to deep into the political stuff, so I don't think I can give you a clear answer.

It is strange that there are not any clear photos of the earth with men in them. Human nature would demand this, along with the image of the man in the picture. The degree of difficulty to take them is minimal compared to all the other mission requirements.

Well like I said before, the Earth was generally up high in the Lunar sky. On some of the missions it would have probably been impossible to get a shot of the Earth with an Astronaut in front. Take this photo from Apollo 11 for example. It seems to be a fairly extreme angle to get the Earth into frame. You'd probably have to lay down on your back to get an astronaut into the frame along with the Earth and no astronaut is going to risk themselves doing that.

It might be human nature to want to get shots like that, but the astronauts themselves had a busy schedule to follow and complete with a limited amount of time.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Anyone who doubts that a man ever squeezed a footprint into lunar dust ON the MOON should check out these sites
Japanese Moon Mission Returns Detailed Maps of the Lunar Sur...
Apr 13, 2008 ... The Japanese SELENE lunar orbiter has returned some of the most detailed maps of the Moon to date. The new collection of high-definition ...www.universetoday.com
NASA'S LRO
ESMART

Bear in mind that NASA claims that they threaded the 250,000 mile away remote needle, 40 years ago. Some seven times! With no loss of life in OUTER space.

Are you willing to accept that they could send humans so far into Outer space and gently settle them on the moons surface and flawlessly retrieved them with 60's and early 70's technology?
Since then, they have allowed the death of some fourteen amazing human beings. Also a number of lab animals, I think were lost.
All this, no higher in space than the distance from Washington DC to Philadelphia PA or way less a distance.
This is not counting Gus Grissom and his crew. They were lost during the Apollo mission but at the surface of the earth
The Apollo missions were supposedly accomplished during the height of the Viet Nam War with 40 year old technology. Budget is a sad excuse for anything NASA argues.
Someone is going to have to admit that NASA has been totally disgraceful since !973 or they have accomplished just the status quo of space and there are no human lunar footprints.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Jra,
Here is some moon, earth size info

Earth and Moon Compared

The Moon is approximately 1/4 Earth's diameter. This would be like the diameter of a dime compared to the diameter of a juice glass.
The Moon's surface is covered with rock and grit that are mostly dark-gray minerals, so it reflects light poorly compared to Earth, which always has highly-reflective clouds. The Moon reflects visible light about 1/3 as well as Earth, and because of its much smaller size, has a visual brightness less than 1/40 that of Earth, when both are fully illuminated and seen from the same distance -- a difference of four stellar magnitudes.

Earth Moon
Mean diameter 12,742 km 3,476 km
Surface gravity 9.78 m/s2 1.62 m/s2
Escape velocity 11.2 km/s 2.38 km/s
Visual albedo 0.367 0.12
Visual magnitude -3.86 +0.21

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Donny 4 million]

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Oh my, NASA keeps on keeping on!
Is it really, totally possible that the atmosphere is NASA"S playground?
Seems like a subprime catch 22. How did we ever land a living breathing life form on the moon? Or did we?

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join