It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Moon Landing a Hoax?...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

The poster that said that Norgay and Hillary were credited with the climb of Everest because they said so has got to be kidding.

Not kidding. Just stating the fact
Of course, no mountaineer has ever doubted for a nanosecond that they made it.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
sheesh, I just got very near to convinced yesterday it was how they say it is and then read here again. Must admit I had the belt thing mixed up before.
That's a very good argument about outside the protective belts, Wizard_In_The_Woods. Must admit I had the belt thing mixed up before.
I did see a video yesterday on another thread that did really bust every hoax 'bs' like the waving flag and such. But then if you really want to push it, I could think up a way to fake the 'unfakable' according to that video..
Ah well. Now I'm in doubt again.. thanks I guess ^^

Wizard_In_The_Woods, I'll have a read of all the links you posted.

In general, I think this discussion is going to last to the day we land on the moon (again?). I haven't seen any anti-landing material that Wasn't debunkable and I haven't seen any pro-landing material that wasn't debunkable.

Maybe we should create a list of all the pro's and cons in one place.
Very likely I just missed something that's irrefutable.

[edit on 10-4-2007 by David2012]
@Coastline, that's called spamming and is not appreciated. (by me at least)
Either stop doing it intently, or learn to edit. Thanks

Originally posted by crowpruitt
If they were faked ,what was the need to create the apollo 13 disaster?

I heard several good reason why they could have done that. amongst other things, public interest in nasa and the space program was dwindling, budget cuts becoming very likely. They needed to get the public interested again.
Take a look on the web, interesting theories abound. I haven't delved that deep into apollo 13, so I don't have a real opinion on the if and why on apollo 13 yet.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I use to think the 1ST landing was faked for various reasons but when i watch this kind of >>>documentary
where Alan Beam, who's suposedly walked on the moon in 1969(2nd team,Apollo 12....4th man to walk on the moon)) and this old guy's passion is all about painting what he "saw" while he was there makes me perplex.A=> the guy is totally disturbed (which i don't believe) or B=>he really went there

I think they went there but the nasa's team(for the first landing at least) has retouched photos and videos it's like 99.9% sure and probably( but i wouldn't be so sure) never landed on the moon.

Maybe they were so anxious with a possible failure that they took this decision, that's my best guess...and i understand that

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Why are we still talking about this? If there were no moon landing then explain how the mirrors got there.
www.signonsandiego.com...

if this could be explained then I will be more then happy to listen to everything you have to say.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

is this a rehearsal for the moon landing with a blooper?? he about to take the first step for mankind and a light falls......Ive watched the original nasa footage of the landing and this looks pretty close.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
i86.photobucket.com...

that is my favorite picture... the lighting and shadowing are amazing.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

So it's true because the good guys told you? And who would they be then?

Jeez, buddy...in 1969, it was the Americans in general (Viet Nam notwithstanding) and NASA in particular. That was then, this is now. I'm still rootin' for the Astronauts, though.

Wow....I am on this fence with you Johnny. In 69 I was a toe headed 6 yr old girl child made to sit STILL in front of the black & white TV set my Grandperants owned and watch........as a family we HAD to watch all of the NASA stuff, for Grandpa said it was history in the making and I would be glad I saw it someday.

Here it is all these years later and I hardly remember much about it except I was amazed at the dune buggy and asked where they kept it at. The moon capsule was so small and even though I was only 6 I was mystified at where it was stashed for the trip. Grandpa told me they took it up there in many little parts and they all had to put it together from instructions after they landed.
I just took this as fact...............I mean I was only 6.

ALL these years I took it as fact. I have never delved into the 'idea' that it may have all been a hoax untill just NOW reading this thread.
(I read the threads my friends write)
Now I am not all that sure its a fact.......................people are raising good points and making for a string case that is may in fact have all been a hoax

My Grandfather would cry if he thought the country had faked him out like this

I honestly BELIEVE that now days our Government works hard to fake us out about all kinds of things, but I like to believe back in the 60's there was still SOME honesty going on and truth in Governments. I thought the serious downfall of the US Government did not start untill Nixon got busted but I am probebly wrong...........Skull & Bones has probebly ran the world all along and just let us all 'think' we have any say or that our vote might count.

GREAT THREAD! Interesting read!

EDIT to add a big TYVM to Mr Mxyztplk for the above link about the mirrors on the moon left behind for experiments with lasers......whew that would make my Grandpa smile

[edit on 10-4-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
www.youtube.com...

is this a rehearsal for the moon landing with a blooper?? he about to take the first step for mankind and a light falls......Ive watched the original nasa footage of the landing and this looks pretty close.

That's a fake video that was made for a mockumentary IIRC. I do know for sure that it was fake video, but I can't remember what it was made for.

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
No "Moon Landing" ever happened. It is not even worth of discussing. Please use elementary logic, and be honest to yourself. It is really not hard to see that it was faked.

Best wishes to you all.

jra

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by swimmer
No "Moon Landing" ever happened. It is not even worth of discussing. Please use elementary logic, and be honest to yourself. It is really not hard to see that it was faked.

This is about the third you've said that in the past two weeks or so. Saying that it's not worth discussing or that you have no interest in discussing it. Why are you posting just to say you have no interesting in discussing the subject? And then you make a claim of how simple it is to see that it's faked, implying that some one would have to be stupid not to see it. But you hide behind your statement of "not worth discussing"
I find that incredibly odd. I normally wouldn't bother addressing this, but like I said, this is the third time you've said something like this.

Why not add something useful to the discussion if you're going to make post or just don't post at all.

Originally posted by Funkydung

As Zaphod already mentioned, it's a fake. They used similar camera equipment to give it that old video look. Here are some link that discuss the video and one about the reference to "Mr. Gorsky".
www.snopes.com...
web.archive.org...://www.moontruth.com/full.htm
www.snopes.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by swimmer
No "Moon Landing" ever happened…Please use elementary logic,

OK swimmer can you use this elementary logic that I do not seem to have and explain how it is that a mirror suddenly appeared on the moons surface, for inquiring mind want to know.
www.madsci.org...

And right after you have completed that task you can attempt to tell me why the USSR, the US’s arch enemy at the time wouldn’t tell everyone that the Apollo was still in orbit and being picked up on radar, or do you believe that the takeoff was fake as well?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Wild.....

OK swimmer can you use this elementary logic that I do not seem to have and explain how it is that a mirror suddenly appeared on the moons surface, for inquiring mind want to know.

www.madsci.org...

This is totally wild. We need John Lear on on this thread. I have heard of so many weird things on the moon lately I don't even know what to expect anymore.

[edit on 29-4-2007 by theutahbigfoothunter]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by theutahbigfoothunter
This is totally wild

Actually the mirror is not that wild.
The mirror was placed on the moon by Apollo crew members for experiments. If you want to know more read the link.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
It is not so much that the idea of mirrors on the moon are wild to me. But rather the fact that there is so much information of anomolies on the moon, and the amount of evidence to verify them. I primarily say these things because It seems our nearest neighbor in the solar system is a smorgesbord of activity compiled of remnants of cold war missions, UFO activity, and other oddities.

It is complex to decipher what the heck is ACTUALLY going on there.

posted on Aug, 13 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Don't you guys think it's a little odd that Kennedy just decided that we'd go on the moon and 8 years later it happened? I don't think it is humanly possible that we could have developped that technology so quickly. I think the government has plenty of technology to go on the moon whenever they want, they staged the moon landing for a purpose.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
here is one site too

users.erols.com...

"On the Moon, the astronaut's only source of light was the Sun. ... Here's an astronaut who descends into the huge shadow cast from the lunar module, yet his entire body is still visible. How is it that he is not shrouded in darkness?" Apollo critic answers: "It's because there's more than one light source, which means they're not on the Moon."

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Um...NO!

The Moon Landing was real, and when I saw a documentary on the conspiracy of it, they disproved the conspiracy theorists ideas completely. Theses people are so very moronic, and before the show told us the information that disproved the conspiracy theorists, I knew just about all the answers before hand.

The moon landing was very real, this is why this thread is under 'disinformation'.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What makes me doubt the official version is all the equipment,money,planning and man power to leave Earth but once on the moon, all to get back is a small LEM.Powered by dodgy thrusters.
Apart from all the photo anomalies and radiation problems,we should of been there for the year 2000.
Think of all the improvements in modern technology we've had since 63.
By now getting to the moon should be as easy as microwaved meals,makes me wonder why we havent set up bases there yet.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by Kilgour]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
So which is it? If nobody went to the Moon, then what about that secret radio transmission where Armstrong comments about seeing a lot of alien ships lined up on a crater rim? Or what about all the stuff about the Secret Space Force, and Armstrong being mad at NASA for sending him to the Moon and risking other people's lives in a little flimsy ship, just to keep public attention away from the SSF? And what about that base on Lunar farside? Or what about all those alien anomalies in the photos taken by the guys on the surface?

You can't have it both ways, you know.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

You can't have it both ways, you know.

Thats the thing with me,I either believe we went there and there was some sort of alien threat to make us not go again/play by "their" rules when visiting or we didnt go at all.

But to believe we went to the moon,no questions asked, simple as pie,makes me doubt the whole point of it? Too many inconsistancies.
NASA would have a McDonalds up there by now surely?
And in the 44 years that have passed since the first arrival,why no bases or progression?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join