It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Moon Landing a Hoax?...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Back in the 50's cameras were garbage.

In what way were 50's cameras garbage? You're going to have to explain that one to me.

Well took some finding for this one. I finally found a site that talked about the apollo 11 landing cameras and found one thing interesting. Those cameras didn't have any automatic lighting and exposure controls. I have taken photography classes and can tell you that if you don't know what you are doing light can do some serious harm to your photos. If the moon is highly reflective like NASA states, then why didn't these cameras peak with high light to cause bad exposure? But somehow someone will find a way to "counter attack" this argument.

sterileeye.com...

[edit on 12-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Originally posted by Gustavo Souza Rabello
Of course Moon Landing has never been a hoax !

How can people wave this "flag" at 2010 ?

There was an Apollo 13 anniversary on TV over the weekend.
How could the unofficial story tellers work with that one.
The first two were studio but this one was for real but on their
way to the Moon had to abort the mission among life endangering
conditions.
Which would mean on the third try they were actually rocketing
to the Moon for the first time but failed.
Then back to studio landings.

Well there was a huge lack of TV time and public interest in the
third mission and I suspect the conspiracy theorists will take the stand
that ratings had to be increased.

After all their lives are at risk even on the ground for the first
three astronauts.

it is because people were questioning the missions and wonder back then if it was a hoax or not. I know one thing that edgar hoover said if anybody claims that the landings were claimed hoax by a person and that person would be sent to jail with no questions asked. It was until he left his office of the FBI when people started to talk hoax.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Source for your information about Hoover.
Please?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

No need to "counter attack". Just have to read your own source:

The guidelines were printed for the astronauts on the top of the Hasselblad film magazines (shown below). The shutter speed was set to 1/250, and the f-stop recommendations were ƒ/5.6 for objects in shadow and ƒ/11 for objects in the sun. For some of the more important photographs, the astronauts utilized exposure bracketing, varying the exposures one stop up and/or down from the recommended setting, to ensure a good result.

sterileeye.com...

That, and the astronauts trained extensively with their cameras.

[edit on 5/12/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Source for your information about Hoover.
Please?

I currently can't find an online article, but I was taught this in high school. Basically from my memory was my teacher stated that people started not believing in the moon landing and it was all staged. Hoover was a very powerful influential man and gave the public basically that if you went against the moon landing you would be put to jailed as a communist for speaking ill against the USA. At that time nobody wanted to be labeled as a communist after getting out of jail because basically that was an exile. so it wasn't until he died in office that people started talking about it again.

I am going to now search for it further now.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Jailed as a communist. In the 1970's. If only he could have, Hoover would have been in hog heaven. No one in the US was ever "jailed as a communist". It has never been illegal to be a communist in the US.

Kid, you had some rotten history teachers. Are you sure you aren't confusing J. Edgar Hoover with Joseph McCarthy? In the 1950's?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
People with mental disorders? That's not a very nice thing to say. There is some evidence to support the idea that the lunar landings were faked. And furthermore, there was a lot of motivation to do so. We wanted to win the space race. Best to keep an open mind. No reason to be insulting.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
This thread is brillaiant and stimulating
so thanks.
Can anyone supply any info on whether there have been recent unmanned landings?
Or probes ect....wouldnt they have put a lander on the moon like on mars?
Are there orbital photos of the moon landing/rubbish leftovers? If not why?
A satellite they say can read a car license number, so where are the photos from space/orbit of the flags ect?
Does anyone think that there are already bases on the moon?
And the lack of new missions is a smokescreen?
I dont think moon landing conspiracists nutty at all ,proof surely could be provided easily by a fly over of the Apollo sites and video taken?

jra

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Conspire
Can anyone supply any info on whether there have been recent unmanned landings? Or probes ect....wouldnt they have put a lander on the moon like on mars?

There haven't been any recent landers or rovers on the Moon. Just the occasional orbiter. Right now NASA has the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) orbiting the Moon. Japan, India and China all had orbiters around the Moon within the past few years as well.

Other countries do have plans for landers and rovers for some upcoming missions. Russia and India are working together on a joint mission for example.

Are there orbital photos of the moon landing/rubbish leftovers?

There are images of the Apollo landing sites and other unmanned missions. You can find those at the LROC site.

Does anyone think that there are already bases on the moon?
And the lack of new missions is a smokescreen?

Some people do believe that there are. But going to the Moon is expensive. The funding required for a Lunar base wouldn't go unnoticed, plus it would probably require a lot of support from Earth, like food, supplies and crew rotations. I can't imagine such a large operation like that could go unnoticed.

I dont think moon landing conspiracists nutty at all ,proof surely could be provided easily by a fly over of the Apollo sites and video taken?

That still wouldn't be enough for some HB's.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
REPLY TO JRA

Thanks for the informative reply, the link you provided didnt work so I didnt get to see the shots of the moon landings(are they shots taken at the time(I can see how people would conclude these might be faked) perhaps the moon landing debunkers all aroun the world could contribute a hundred bucks each and send an unmanned probe to the alleged landing sites and see if anythings there.
But then again if there was nothing there, we would have anti faked moon landing conspiracy theorists.
Personally as a newbie to this fascinating subject, my mind is still open,its odd how everything has become easier and cheaper all but getting to the moon.
What happenned to the moon base plans?
Or is it possible there are nuculear missiles on the moon?
Sort of makes sense.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

No need to "counter attack". Just have to read your own source:

The guidelines were printed for the astronauts on the top of the Hasselblad film magazines (shown below). The shutter speed was set to 1/250, and the f-stop recommendations were ƒ/5.6 for objects in shadow and ƒ/11 for objects in the sun. For some of the more important photographs, the astronauts utilized exposure bracketing, varying the exposures one stop up and/or down from the recommended setting, to ensure a good result.

sterileeye.com...

That, and the astronauts trained extensively with their cameras.

yes and they used the run and shoot method of taking pictures and as I stated with a light being so high on the moon surface and it being reflective it would of caused a lot of bad photo's.

yes and I did see that part and I read exposure bracketing as well. I personally don't think it would of worked on the moon.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Jailed as a communist. In the 1970's. If only he could have, Hoover would have been in hog heaven. No one in the US was ever "jailed as a communist". It has never been illegal to be a communist in the US.

Kid, you had some rotten history teachers. Are you sure you aren't confusing J. Edgar Hoover with Joseph McCarthy? In the 1950's?

KID LMAO

No I think you lacked in somebody teaching you history bub. Did you also know that Hoover was a transvestite behind closed doors and also tracking MLK JR? He thought he was a communist. So wonder what happened to MLK JR? hmmmm I could teach you a thing or two about world history and it is indeed my favorite subject next to the human mind.

LOL KID

[edit on 14-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I currently can't find an online article, but I was taught this in high school. Basically from my memory was my teacher stated that people started not believing in the moon landing and it was all staged.

Yeah, from my point of view, anyone one who learned about the Moon landings in school is a kid.

No evidence of your statement then? What a surprise. Your teacher made it up.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

yes and they used the run and shoot method of taking pictures and as I stated with a light being so high on the moon surface and it being reflective it would of caused a lot of bad photo's.

The Sun was never very high on any of the Apollo missions. On Apollo 11 it was only 14º above the horizon. That's where the Sun is about 30 minutes after sunrise on Earth. The highest was on Apollo 16, EVA 3. The Sun reached 48º. That's about 9:30 in the morning on Earth, in the US, this time of year.
history.nasa.gov...

[edit on 5/14/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

I currently can't find an online article, but I was taught this in high school. Basically from my memory was my teacher stated that people started not believing in the moon landing and it was all staged.

Yeah, from my point of view, anyone one who learned about the Moon landings in school is a kid.

LOL You don't know jack about history. your mind is too closed and only allowed "facts" and throw out the rest as bad jargon.

I can't find links to text books. Even the histoyr channel would agree about J edgar hoover.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

haha. I love you phage. This comment and the one about astronauts training heavily with their cameras are great. People just assume they were given cameras and shoved into some studio somewhere to take pictures of fake rocks lol.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by A-E-I-Owned-You

haha. I love you phage. This comment and the one about astronauts training heavily with their cameras are great. People just assume they were given cameras and shoved into some studio somewhere to take pictures of fake rocks lol.

registered january of this year and you seem to "know" phage already.

interesting...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

Originally posted by A-E-I-Owned-You

registered january of this year and you seem to "know" phage already.

interesting...

Yup. Everywhere I go he is denying ignorance with FACTS. Everytime I go to reply to a thread, he has already been there and said what I planned to say. You can think what you will, but he saves me the effort of replying to people who are to thick headed to actually THINK. So for that, I applaud him. Also, you registered around the same time I did, around six months ago. That is PLENTY of time to get to know someone so I do not see your point. It is not like I registered just now to agree with him and gang up on you.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by A-E-I-Owned-You]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join