It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Anonymous Posts: latest coverup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Original Anonymous Post By: anon_106998
after some research i have come to the conclusion that the USA government latest idea of coverups is to make movies about them
stargate is the a good example after doing some basic research i have found that nasa has been working on this idea, there research into it began before stargate was produced .
in the initial conference was physicists, other scientist and a movie producer
what else is out there that is real.

i beleive this to be true cheyenne mountain is indeed run by the air force and it is a converted missile silo into norad control but what else is in there.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mik_young
i beleive this to be true cheyenne mountain is indeed run by the air force and it is a converted missile silo into norad control but what else is in there.

The game, in this case, is "Deny Ignorance".
The Cheyenne Mountain Operations Center wasn't operated by the U.S. Air Force. It was operated by the North American Aerospace Defense Command, better known as NORAD, and staffed by members of all four branches of the United States military, as well as by personnel from the Canadian armed forces. This may not seem like a very large difference, but the implications for conspiracy theories is monumental, since it would require not only the involvement of the U.S.A.F, but the Army, Navy, and the Marine Corps, as well as the collusion of at least one foreign government.

Also, the complex wasn't converted from a missile silo. It was purpose built "from the ground up", as it were.

You might also notice the use of past tense? That's because the Cheyenne Mountain facility shut down effective 28 July 2006. The reasons had nothing to do with aliens, orgone, chemtrails or karma, but with age (you can only update things so far), cost (it's not cheap to run what amounts to an underground city), and the declining survivability of the complex.

What's in there now? A lot of 1980's-era computer hardware that was cheaper to abandon than to move. Some 1950's era diesel generators and battery packs, also cheaper to leave than to remove. Past that, not much.

If you're looking for hidden bases, Cheyenne Mountain was never a good one to start from. It's right up there with Area 51 as one of the most publicly known secret sites on Earth. You might have better luck starting with the Strategic Air Command's old HQ. I'll leave finding it as an exercise to the reader. :-D

Edited to remove spelling errors. I blame decaff!

[edit on 2-4-2007 by Brother Stormhammer]

new topics

join