It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5-Year Old Survives 9 Story Fall!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
On March 29th in Hamilton, Canada, A 5 year old boy survived a 9 story high plunge of death. He only broke his legs, fortunatly.

A five-year-old boy has survived a nine-storey fall off a balcony in Hamilton and was talking coherently and complaining only of a hurt leg when emergency crews arrived.

My questions, how did he get over a 1 metre railing? Where was the mother when this happened, she wasn't watching her kid?

Full story here

Source

-Jimmy-

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Where was the father? Wasn't he watching his kid? Why is it that anything that happens to a kid is the mother's fault? And 5 years old is old enough to know that gravity works. Even infants are born with a Moro's reflex. Fear of falling is innate at birth.
Now that I'm finished ranting....I'm glad the kid is ok.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Lots of kiddies have fallen for a variety of reasons, reprehensible parenting practices among them, crappy building maintenance and design might be others. I am amazed at how many of these victims survive and how resilient the human form is.

Stories like the guy who fell 15,000 feet after a double-chute failure and lives to talk about it, here's a link for those with an interest. www.citynews.ca...

Or some of the IRL/Champcar and F1 "hits" where these guys pull 200+ decelerative G for milliseconds - and walk away. There are many examples of this sturdiness. Amazing... just sayin'.

[edit on 1-4-2007 by V Kaminski]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It doesn't mention the father, I guess he was either at work, or they are divorced.

-Jimmy-

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well, considering it was a meter tall guard wall, the kid probably climbed that wall because he wanted to know what was over it.
Upon reaching the top of the wall, he probably hadn't expected there to be nothing on the other side, and ended up startling himself enough to fall.

I know the problem here at my apartment with pets is that they can't see over the wall. So they jump up to see whats out there, and end up with nothing to stand on, which ends up being their demise.
Which is why I don't let my cats out on the balcony.

I've fallen from the roof of a 2 story building while re-shingling the roof.
I was a dumbass and moved to an area which I hadn't placed footholds for yet. I started sliding toward the edge, realised there was no way I was going to stop, slipped off the edge, and landed flat on my back on the grass. Other than some serious disorientation, and a painful back and neck, and my tailbone feeling like someone just shoved their boot up my a**... I was ok.
I spent a good few minutes writhing on the ground cursing my head off.
Good times.

new topics

top topics

join