It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Stations Plagiarizing ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
There has already been a sighting of them at our web-site on national television. Does anyone watch the news enough to pick up any possible plagiarizers? Taking ATS's member's ideas and presenting them as their own is not cool, give credit to where it is due.

If I see anything suspicious ill post what I heard and who said it.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I have been watching Fox News all day every day for 2 weeks, and will for one more, then I have to go back to work, but I have seen nothing that looks to have come from here... When you said: "There has already been a sighting of them at our web-site on national television.", When was that, or who (what station?)?

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
There is another thread that details the sighting.
We(ATS) are a source for news...

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
With well over 300000 posts, unless you've read every single entry, and know how every board member writes, AND you have a photographic memory, how would you know if it was plagerized?

There are so many news stations out there, wether local or national/world-wide... to track all of them, while still maintaining a creditable referance for every post (including the daily new posts) would be a daunting, if not impossible, task.

Now, I cannot see Peter Jennings saying "Soothsayer, from the Fifth Realms, was quoted as saying....", so yeah, you have a point about giving credit where credit is due. But to actually enforce it... that is something different.

And then there is this: There are, what, over 500 members logging on each day, and a total of ? members... to say that only one person has that one idea is crazy. You cannot shout plagerism over an idea. Hell, if that was the case, look at all the quotes and threads going around right now; we'd all be hit for plagerism!

new topics

top topics

join