It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you believe that!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
RIGA, Latvia (Reuters) - Latvian police said a drunk picked up with around twice the blood-alcohol level considered deadly had probably set a world record but would wake with a hangover to match.

The unidentified middle-aged man was unconscious but stable after a blood test showed 7.22 parts per million of alcohol, police spokeswoman Ieva Zvidre said.

An average person would vomit at around 1.2, lose consciousness at 3.0 and stop breathing at a level of about 4.0 parts per million, Zvidre said, adding: "This is one for the Guinness Book of Records."

The hospital's emergency ward head Martins Sics told reporters there was no record of anybody having survived such a dose, even in neighboring Russia which takes pride in its vodka-guzzling traditions.

"He won't remember a thing when he comes to," Sics said.

:w:

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
JESUS!!!! How is that guy not dead!!

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
They should see how much he can REALLY take....keep pumping alcohol into him...I bet they can get it up to 10 parts per million.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
my crew picked up a guy laying in a parking lot who ended up testing with a .41. He was conscious but very much out of it.
The next afternoon, I saw him walking into a liquor store.
Some people can do it.

BG

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
dreanlandmafia

I know you were probably just kidding, but we should 'play' with alcohol.

One of my friends, on his first time he drank, was in a party (I weren't at this one) and got really REALLY drunk, and he just kept on drinking,etc etc... Anyway, he hitted coma, and some people even continued to make him drink while he was unconscious.

He ended up to the hospital and fortunatly, it didn't really left any sequel on him. He still can drink, but things could have gone worse.

Don't mess with alcohol.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Whats funny is there are people who have no self control who should not be drinking in the first place. These are the same people who are likely to start abussing drugs too. Drinking is fun if you know how to drink properly. But when you take it too far it can be dangerous. I've taken many friends to the hospital because of drinking too much, and its no fun.

posted on Dec, 28 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Yep, Ocelot's right.

Drink with moderation people, and please, learn to know your own limit.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   

learn to know your own limit.

That's really the key....

Man, 7 huh? Jeez....

new topics

top topics

join