It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural vs. Supernatural

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Was humans on a natural path? Was the golden age a time before "Aliens" came to influence our future? I believe humans were on a natural path, they lived simple for thousands if not millions of years. They lived more closely to nature, and may have even had telepathic abilities between plants and animals. Then something changed.

Stories of a supernatural, anthropomorphic god showed up. A "big bang" in human experience had occurred. Had "Aliens" given or the very least showed us advanced technology and knowledge, which in turn led to a supernaturalism way of thinking,[magic, superstitions, etc] An example would be what super naturalists today call a "divine realm" our ancestors would have just seen another aspect of "ordinary reality."

My thesis would be this~ That had "Aliens" been absent, humans would have followed their own path of discovery and development. Humans would have made small jumps here and there. But the large leap in human evolution can only be created with "Alien" intervention. The remaining tribes who are lost to the jungles remain untainted. We see them as "inferior", yet they are content with the stage that they are at. We seem them perform "magic", but to them it is part of the natural world.

The sudden appearance of "Aliens" dropping from the skies, displaying awesome technology and seemed immortal was too much to grasp. It was magical. Our brain size is the same as those found in the oldest fossils. And one cannot use tools and artifact to represent the evolution of human cognition and intelligence. Only "Aliens" can account for this "Big bang" in human history. They left us as a "cargo cult". They left us a with a fragmented
consciousness. There tech left us with "magical thinking"

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This is all a "what might have been" post. But how do you know "what might have been" had aliens not arrived, assuming they did? Also, considering the high probability of life being very prevalent in the universe, paleocontact was probably inevitable.

I don't think the current state of humans is that messed up.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I think the stage we are at now is too much too fast. We were at a content level of development. "if its not broke, why fix it?", why the sudden appearance of a supernatural, anthropomorphic god and all kinds of other supernatural phenomenon.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Would you give a specific instance that helps illustrate why you feel that humans are struggling to cope with the pace of scientific progress?

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I just think the present development would not have where its at today without the help of a more advanced race. We might have still been technological advanced, but without all the useless junk we have now. Nature and earth would still come first. And for struggling to cope with the pace? Come on, look around, everyone is always so stressed out. Humans today have a lot of free time,yet we complain that we don't but we spend them doing unproductive things. We have advanced so fast that we are only now beginning to see the impact we have made on our planet and our animal brethren. We could be so much more productive yet we waste energy and resources like theres no tomorrow. We are not mature enough. We are not on a natural path.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Somehow, I don't think any race advanced enough to travel the stars would be ecologically irresponsible and therefore I don't think that they have negatively influenced humans in that way. True, the environment is being damaged by humans, but perhaps it is an inevitable consequence of a growing species. In some ways pollution is decreasing-try to focus on the bright side.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Somehow, I don't think any race advanced enough to travel the stars would be ecologically irresponsible and therefore I don't think that they have negatively influenced humans in that way. True, the environment is being damaged by humans, but perhaps it is an inevitable consequence of a growing species. In some ways pollution is decreasing-try to focus on the bright side.

Maybe they didn't do it intentionally but they did do it. Just like if you went and found a island of people never exposed to the outside world, the plane you arrived on is "magical bird" to them, you use your phone to call in supplies that are dropped via cargo planes from the "heavens". Then you up and leave them, with it you take their natural way of life and leave them with "magical" thinking which is a negative influence. Then the people split into two groups, one worships you as their god, the others worship your buddy. They argue over who's god is true and will return. Next thing you know the groups are killing each other over something that you didn't think would negatively influence them.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Kinda too late to change anything now, but maybe we can use our personal experience when we contact less developed races, eh?

[edit on 1-4-2007 by uberarcanist]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
where you see aliens i see god,where you see evolution i see gods providence,its feels better trust me...

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Gods and Aliens.

Why can't it just be accepted that we came into being without any outside interference? We just are what we are, with all the faults and wonders of our randomly created existence.

Using Gods and Aliens as a crutch to pseudo-explain ourselves just seems a cop-out.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This stuff is covered by micheal tsarion, david icke, etc

top topics

join