It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What kind of justice are these cops enforcing??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
A little background on the situation:

Elementary school carnival. Two cliques plan on fighting. "Skaters" vs. "Preps" about 10 people in each clique. Tons of people come to watch.

Someone tells the authorities that a fight is going to happen and that someone is bringing a gun.

The police are called.

A "prep" brought a 9mm gun. And who gets arrested?

All of the "skaters". Each of them fined at least $260 for just being at the scene.

As for the "preps"? They're home free. They don't even get searched.

The fight didn't even happen. Here's a conversation I had with one of my friends who was nearly arrested at the carnival...

Me: I didn't see you there...
Me: I saw Steven Ludwick though. I love that kid!!
Casey: thats cuz when we were walking to the carnival the cops started slamming uss against the F**KING wall out of knowhere when we werent even doing anything
Me: That's because you look like a troublemaker.
Me: It's f**ked up.
Casey: i thought in my head"i want to get some nachos" and then BOOM the f**king cops come and then me and mary start hauling ass
Me: Your icon describes the situation at the carnival perfectly well.
[His icon says "ARREST ME I'm a sk8boarder"]
Casey: wo
Casey: it does
Casey: and i got that be4 the carnival
Me: I know. Creepy!
Casey: creeeeppppyyy
Me: Did any of the preps get arrested or searched at all??
Casey: nope
Casey: it makes me sooooo mad >_<
Me: F**k this s**t. If I didn't fail at every attempt to right these wrongs, I would try again. :[[
Me: Because this has happened to me as well.
Me: Last year, me & Sam both got suspended for having a lighter on the bus.
Me: And we both wore skater-type clothing.
Me: This year, Jon got suspended for having a lighter on the bus.
Me: And he wears black & all that, whatever. Same difference to adults.
Me: And then BRENT HOWARD brought a lighter on the bus and actually burned someone.
Me: And he didn't even get a warning.
Casey: wtf
Casey: that is SOOOO
Casey: GAY
Casey: JCIF**KING F**KKKKK
Casey: FNKSLDJRGHESLGHD'GD
Me: I KNOW.
Casey: !!!!!!!
Casey: AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Me: Which is why I wear Hollister and s**t now.
Me: If I could put on the spikes and chains again, I would, but goddamnit, it's f**king prejudice and I can't escape it!!

You're probably thinking;; then change your clothes and then you won't be bothered anymore!! Well, why should we? Why should we abandon our culture in order to get fair treatment from the authorities? Why can't people (especially LAW ENFORCEMENT) be mature and knowledgeable enough to not jump to conclusions at the expense of innocent individuals?

Your thoughts, please?

[edit on 1-4-2007 by Paresthesia]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
wassup homie, I've had problems with cops too, and they always be patrolin in they cruisaz and lookin at me and my homies cuz we wearin street clothin and stuff. The way I was raised, cops are not help, but an obstactle, it has proven itself every time in my life....when my loved ones get hurt, they don't help, when I walk down the street peacefully I get put in handcuffs and thrown in the cruiser, datz why I am always ready to defend myself, cuz I know cops will not only help, but will only make worse things, like if I was to get shot, they would ask me questions till I die from loss of blood or whateva, life sux, there must be good cops, but only 1 cop has not "looked at me like he wanted to give me an execution right on the street", the sole cop was Russian and he and I kinda talked, but that's all. That's 1 cop, all other cops havn't treated me like dat...I just stay away from them, that's all.

Ox

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It's all image..

If I can take a guess the skaters are dressed like.. well.. skaters.. and the "preps" are dressed all.. preppy?. Image..

The police arent going to arrest the "preppy" kids.. the parents are probably city contributors.. which means they probably give money to the city or city council in some way.. why would you want to stop that?

Pick on the poorer.. or middle class kids.. who parents dont give a rats about social status..

join