It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction to alternate history and Annunaki

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I found a sweet blog post in dutch, which very briefly and clearly summarizes what this annunaki, stargate alternate history talk is all about. The post was written because of one of those typical out of hand rejections without thinking once. let alone twice.

I translated the post since I thought it's a real good introduction and since i'm no writer a translation would be better then me trying to do write myself

Ow. and erm. please be nice.. It's my first thread.

Sadly not everyone knows what this is about and it's time to put some stuff into perspective. The sense and nonsense of the Anunnaki.

Erich von Däniken

In 1968 Not obstructed by any scientific knowledge Erich von Däniken wrote the book "Chariots of the Gods?". This was the first time anyone tried to explain strange artifacts from the past, mysterious texts from diverse religions and the mysterious megalithic structures by intervention of extraterrestials.

Däniken's work is highly speculative and has almost no meaningful scientific value at all. Despite this we have to thank him that after reading his book many people started to look at history differently. Since von Däniken the subject has become discussable for ordinary people as well as scholars and scientists.

Zecharia Sitchin.

The Russian changed American earned his spurs with translating ancient Sumerian claytablets. His work, published in countless books, talks about how the Sumerians viewed the history of their creation.
In short it boils down to this; Inhabitants (the Anunnaki) from the planet Niburu came to earth, they had to do hard labor mining gold. The extraterrestial/god people rebelled and demanded aid. One of the Anunnaki succeeded in creating a human or lulu (lulu = worker) with 'genetic engineering'. The Anunnaki left and the humans remained behind on Earth.
Sitchin by the way does not claim this exactly how it all happened. He views himself more like a translator who sees important connections in modern science and religion.

Beacause Sitchin is one of the few people who can read the Sumerian writing checking his work is not cut out for just anyone. But his story largely coincides with the later Enuma Elisj, the Babylonian creation story. Which could be concidered indirect verification

Sitchin's work gives answeres but also raises a lot of questions. In any case it provides a lot of reasonably "founded" material to think about. I recommend reading the reasonably accessible "Genesis Revisited: Is modern science catching up with ancient knowledge" for those who want to start delving deeper into the topic.

Sitchin's work is viewed with criticism but sometimes even seriously by the established scientific community. That he has a point appears obvious by, amongst other things, the fact he discussed his theories with a delegate of the vatican.

Planet X, Niburu

Sitchin understands from Sumerian tablets that the Anunnaki came from the planet Niburu. This planet is supposed to be in an eliptical orbit because of which it's not often visible in our solar system. Niburu means literally "that which goes to and fro" in Sumerian and thus could also be translated as a ferry. Despite this many people speculate about the existence of a mysterious planet which is only visible to us sometimes.

So what now?

Slowly but surely science is starting to accept that mythical stories are more then universal archetypical views. The scientists Santillana and von Dechend proved conclusively in their work "Hamlet’s Mill, An essay investigating the origins of human knowledge and its transmission through myth" that in antiquity people posessed more or less the same universal knowledge as we do now. Knowledge about the origins of the universe, knowledge of astronomy and more. Although myths can differ from each other the core information stays the same.

To be continued below.

[edit on 31-3-2007 by David2012]

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

The question how this knowledge could have been spread around the world remains unanswered.

Despite this there are clues in the language that seem to originate from the Indus Valley. The pioneering work of Santillana and von Drechend is not complete, but the door has been opened.

Anunnaki
The Sumerians saw in the Anunnaki (those who came from above/heaven) an extraterrestial/divine people, who left a big mark on humanity.
Was it only a folktale? Let's examine the evidence and clues more closely like Santillana and von Drechend.

Mentioned in the bible are a mythical people of giants, named Enaks or Nefilim. Linguistically Science agrees that "giants" is a poorely chosen word.
Sitchin linked the Sumerian name for Anunnaki, of which the original was NFL, to the bible as Nefilim.

Freemasons and researchers Christopher Knight and Robert Lomas in turn managed to track Nefilim to Aramaic; "Nephîliâ". The meaning of nephîliâ in Aramaic is amongst other things the name of a starcluster.

According to Gary A. David, Nefilim translates to "those who are from Orion" using the New English Bible (genesis 6:4). The ancient name for Orion is "Morui" and finds it's origin in the ancient Indo-Europian language and means as much as "ant" (the insect). If you look at the starcluster Orion you can see a shape that resembles an hourglass or, thanks to narrow middle, an ant.
It is, based on the above, very tempting to thing the Anunnaki were a people that came to Earth from the starcluster Orion. Such an event of course can not go unnoticed, so we'll go check on the other side of the globe and see what people there have to say about it.

The Hopi indians

The Hopi's call Orion 'Hotòmqam' ("to string up", like beads). This could point to the 3 middle stars of Orion but also to the build of an ant. An ant looks with it's seperate head, chest and abdomen like it's strung on a string.
For the Hopi Orion was one of the most important starclusters. their god of death, the earth and the underworld 'Masau’u' (Maasaw) was strongly associated with it. Masau’u could, as it were, just like the starcluster, traverse the distance over the entire earth in one night.
Masau’u is depicted like a grey creature with big eyes, large forehead and thin arms and legs. The name Masau’u was derived from the Jopi word for grey; 'maasi'.

The Hopi word for and is 'Anu' and the Hopi word for friend, food, offers, feathers, praying and sand is 'naki'. Thus in Hopi Anu naki means something like "friend ant" or "ant friend". Sitchin would rub his hands.

Coincidense (or maybe not) wants that ants have played important roles in the mythical stories of the Hopi. Hopi myth has it that mankind survived the cataclysm of the first world thanks to the "antpeople" (Nemâlâh in Hopi, which resembles Nefilim / Nephîliâ)
(Just like the Maya, Hopi speak of mutliple transitions of the world or era's. The first was brought down by fire). The most virtuous Hopi tribe members were saved by the 'antpeople' or 'Nemâlâh'.

The Mayans, from their mythology, know something like "Zayamuincob" (losely translated 'disconnected human') the name finds it's origin in the word "Zay" or, you guessed it, ant. Archeologist J. Eric S. Thompson points to the Zayamuincob as an ancient race (Chac Zay Uincob) which can be held responsible for the building of the megalithic structures in Central America. Their myths tell us that "they were working like ants, they digged up red earth and made straight roads through forests".

To be continued below

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Egypt

The predynastic Egypt knew the so called Anu people which had it's home in Heliopolis. The original name for the greek name Heliopolis is Anu.
The ancient Egyptians speak about the Anu people as if about a completely different race, that is if we can trust the translations of egyptologist Petrie.
Depictions of members of the Anu people also come across as strange to us.
You can judge by yourself:

And now?

After reading this absolutely incomplete and far to short a tour it's very tempting to think like Erich von Däniken. W can see a red line waving through thse ancient religions and mythologies; Orion, a curious, ant-associated people and their importance to humanity on Earth.
Of course the story is far from finished, but for a blog post this is enough for now to chew on.

-----

references:

Prof. dr. Hertha von Dechend studied historic-cultural ethnology, philosophy, history and archeology (Frankfurt, germany). Ph.D. in 1939.
During and after her studies she was connected to the Frobenius instute and the Museum of people studies. Linked to the Institute of historical sciences since 1943.
During 1960 to 1969 she teached and researched at M.I.T. Cambridge, MA.

Prof. Giorgio de Santillana, teached 'the history and philosophy of science' and was connected to M.I.T. Cambridge MA.
Author and publisher of several books and publications.

Hamlet’s Mill, An essay investigating the origins of human knowledge and its transmission through myth
By: Giorgio de Santillana and Hertha von Dechend
First edition: 1969
Nonpareil book/David R. Godine Publisher, inc.
ISBN 0879232153
Paperback, 484 pages.

2) Enuma Elisj
babylonian creation story.
Author; Selma Schepel
Publisher: Ankh-Hermes
ISBN: 90 202 1962 6

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffff big sigh of relief.

I hope this short introduction to the world of alternate histories proves interesting and might make the topic seem less nonsensical to newcomers.

I don not fully agree on the information above.
There are different versions (like any theory)

I do state here that i do believe history as is taught in schools today is incomplete and in some area's plain incorrect.

e.g. example. I do believe in an influence from outside. And i do use the name Anunnaki. but I don't agree as to niburu being a planet in our solar system. or even a planet.

as said above Niburu means as much as "what comes and goes" like a ferry.. to me this in the bigger picture of this and similar theories would then far more likely translate to a vehicle of transportation. the vehicle the anunnaki might have used to come down from the skies/heavens as it were. whomever translated it to a planet missed a far more obvious meaning imho.

I'm sorry for the rusty translations here and there. Translating a text on the fly like I did now is far harder for me then talking and writing in english.

The text was taken from www.grenswetenschap.nl... and is in dutch.

anyway I hope you enjoy the little primer (believe me this is little compared to the amount of material on this topic). feel free to ask any questions, theorize etc etc etc.
Just no dumb uneducated out of hand dismissals please.
dismiss it, but then also build a good reason as to why.

Cheers everyone,
David

PS. I'd really like a comment from you Undo

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Good work David! I have read most of Sitchen's works. I agree with most of what you've written. This is one of my fields of interest but I'm no expert. Just think the Sumarian evidence is largely ignored. People do not want to think that there was a race who "from heaven to earth came" = Annunaki. I heard a historian speak about this period in time. He said that "at this time the gods were more visible" meaning that people interacted with the gods more. I also would suggest the book by Tillenger (a S. African) "Slave Species of god" which covers a lot of the evidence for our having been bred as a slave species to dig gold by the Annunaki. He talks about 50,000 year old gold mines. Now why would an ancient people dig for gold! Gold is not a proctical metal for early man. However the Sumarian texts give the story. And voila! We find and carbon date gold mines with human evidence in them. Makes sense to me!

[edit on 1-4-2007 by plumranch]

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You might also want to read Paul Von Ward's Gods, Genes, and Consciousness. Great read. It also talks about the Annunaki, but is a different kind of study than Sitchen.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Here is the website for the Slave Species book: slavespecies.com... It's "Slave Species of god"

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
very interesting read. reminds of something i read years ago about the aztec indians and perhaps the mayans. something about aliens returning after a certain time had passed. they mistook the spanish conquistadors for these returning aliens.

I also once had a chance to listen in to a family chat with a freemason, my aunt's ex-husband was a member. he talked about something similiar, an alternate history unknown to most of the world. the knowledge is passed down within masonic lodges. some is acquired by further research. I was fairly young at the time but it left a lifelong impression on me. i do recall something about a 10th planet unknown to modern science and an alien civilization that meddled in human affairs

question...

is there any science to back up the possibility of an "X" planet with an odd orbit. astronomers were able to predict the existence of Neptune and Pluto years before they were seen using math. Wonder if there is any mathmatical possibility for a rogue world.

also, any links or suggestions on books dipping into this alternate history ? very interesting stuff.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
You might all want to visit this excellent thread by Undo:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm glad you liked it
tookme a while to write all of it

i do recall something about a 10th planet unknown to modern science and an alien civilization that meddled in human affairs

I personally believe Niburu as a planet is a mistranslation/misconception.
That which comes and goes, goes to and fro, however you want to word it exactly all sounds far more logical thinking of it as a vessel/ship instead of a planet.

is there any science to back up the possibility of an "X" planet with an odd orbit. astronomers were able to predict the existence of Neptune and Pluto years before they were seen using math. Wonder if there is any mathmatical possibility for a rogue world.

I would be very surprised if we find a big tenth planet in our solar system as I believe the translation to it being a planet is wrong in the first place.
My personal idea if all the clues are correct and they came from "up there" we should be looking into the direction of the Orion starcluster.

Here is the website for the Slave Species book: slavespecies.com... It's "Slave Species of god"

You might also want to read Paul Von Ward's Gods, Genes, and Consciousness. Great read. It also talks about the Annunaki, but is a different kind of study than Sitchen.

Gonna look those up later today, thanks for the links

I'd like to note that my personal idea's on this differ somewhat from what is described in my "article". It's meant to introduce people to the notion and that it's not necessarily that ridiculous.

Idea's I differ on are e.g. the 10th planet.

Also I think although we have to thank Däniken for making the topic discussable his views are.. well... off
I don't take most of Dänikens work serious. but he did open up the human mind to the notion ancient history might not be how we thought it was.

I'm really happy you like my thread, was afraid noone would reply

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Yep, that's interesting. I found a bunch of old books at various yard sales that originally got my interest in this particular alternative history jaunt to begin with. I don't even recall their names, other than Chariots of the Gods. Then later, I bought the entire Earth Chronicles. I think Sitchin is partially right and partially wrong. I still enjoyed reading his work. He makes many excellent points.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
Yep, that's interesting. I found a bunch of old books at various yard sales that originally got my interest in this particular alternative history jaunt to begin with. I don't even recall their names, other than Chariots of the Gods. Then later, I bought the entire Earth Chronicles. I think Sitchin is partially right and partially wrong. I still enjoyed reading his work. He makes many excellent points.

hey hey
thans for the comment

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by David2012

Originally posted by undo

hey hey
thans for the comment

Your welcome. And when i get over this bronchial thing, I'll be able to think clearly enough to post more interesting information. BTW, did you see john lear's moon thread ?

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
For your first post, I have given you a WATS.

It is great to read your summary and the comments posted herein.

I have enjoyed reading the thread = concise and informative...

hope it stays that way!

And as for 2nd poster's comments about Sumerian Myth, I agree completely!

cheers
Nat

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
For your first post, I have given you a WATS.

It is great to read your summary and the comments posted herein.

I have enjoyed reading the thread = concise and informative...

hope it stays that way!

And as for 2nd poster's comments about Sumerian Myth, I agree completely!

cheers
Nat

Wow thanks for the wats

I'll try and stay "that" way then

@Undo I've glanced over his thread yes, but not in depth and I find some idea's a bit out there. of course I can't be sure but a near breathable atmosphere on the moon? I don't know. As for the pictures of structures, I don't see them personally.
Could you be more specific what you're thinking in respect to his thread?
I have to admit though I haven't really read all of it, it was a pretty big thread already when I got here

But if you think it's worth it Ill have a sit down and read the entire what's it? 125 pages of comments so far or something thereabouts haha

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone

[edit] Hope you get over that bronchitis soon Undo [/edit]

[edit on 3-4-2007 by David2012]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Hi,

Very nice introduction!

Some more references:
. Anunnaki
. Nibiru
. Nibiru & The Anunnaki
. Planet X
. Sumerian civilization
. Zecharia Sitchin

And these videos with an introduction on the Anunnaki and is influence in Humans.

Zecharia Sitchin on Anunnaki

Sumerian Anunnaki - Xfacts.com with Zecharia Sitchin

The Anunnaki & the Myth of a 12th Planet

Humans and Anunnaki by Lloyd Pye (sound problems near the end)

Jason Martell's lecture on Anunnaki

Hope this will complement your information.

brotherthebig.

edit – correction on video link

[edit on 11-4-2007 by brotherthebig]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Here's the short story: Various ET races have always visited earth and established its flora and fana in a balanced fashion with an ancient species of homo erectus at the top of the scale. About 450 thousand years ago along came a species of ET later called the Annunaki who needed Gold to use in protecting the atmosphere of their home planet. Earth had gold resorces esp. in south Africa so they began mining. They needed a slave species to do the work, a practical species that would be hardy enough to do the mining and yet be controlable. Human species are common in the universe. They found a hardy species with a low IQ and brought them down and put them to work. Earth's atmosphere and conditions may be somewhat unique so they may have had to cross the species with the local homo erectus species resulting in humans with some undesirable animal (basic) characteristics. The new human species had a sole and even looked much like the Annunaki. However they had a short life span, weren't very intelligent and were subject to countless diseases and conditions including genetic defects, cancers and infections of all kinds. Their genetics and immune systems were relatively poor insuring that their life spans would be less that 1/10th that of their masters. The new species could still mate and reproduce with the Annunaki and there are many accounts of this activity.
To be continued...

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The Human Story continued:
Various questions arise like why was the earth sitting here relatively unused and uninhabited for thousands or even millions of years? Obviously it was habitable as we have so effectively proven! Various ET species have come and gone through the millennia and have left evidence of their passing. Apparently earth was left relatively uninhabited on purpose. Apparently there is a controlling authority regarding these issues. Could we call it the galactic federation, union, authority, or real estate planning comission? A nice long rest period is a necessary thing for a planet for several reasons. Flora and fana establishment, geological stabilization, fossil fuel regeneration and extinguishing evidence of former habitation to name a few.
Another question is why did the Annunaki pick 150,000 ago to establish or reestablish humans? Well, they really needed the gold for one thing! But apparently the Galactic Federation approved or it wouldn't have happened. Everything is planned and approved. They don't consult with us first! They also said to do it with a short living, relatively unintelligent, prolific and hard working species. It makes things rather fun and interesting doesn't it! Just read the headlines any day of the year!
More later..

[edit on 11-4-2007 by plumranch]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The Human Story:
Why did the Annunaki set us free about 3000 years ago? Some think they haven't made us a free species yet and are still around controling the agenda. But I haven't actually seen an Annunaki lately and 3000 years ago they were still here and had a firm hold on humanity. Why let us free? Maybe they didn't need the gold mined any longer. Maybe we were such an unruley bunch they became frustrated and left! Or maybe the Galactic Federation said Enough! Cut the cord, get out, let them free! Whatever, before they left they gave us specific directions on how to conduct ourselves. The Sumarian texts spell out the directions they gave for everything including building codes, town layouts, medicine, surgery, legal structure, dentistry, veterinary medicine and religeon. So we can thank them for that! They knew we needed the help!
Another small matter is what about religeon? Where did all that come from? Well, before the Annunaki left we worshiped them. We prayed and payed our respects and money to the local god who lived at the ziggurat or a central location. Each area had their god who appeared from time to time and gave instructions and issued repremands according to needs. When the Annunaki left there was a void that was quickly filled by religeous sects of all kinds. Moses, the angel Gabriel, you know the story, and every sect claimed theological authority, superiority and godly inspiration! Some say that religeon is in our genes we have such a need for it. Maybe, but it is a controling instrument, it makes us behave, keeps us on the straight and narrow. Or at least that is the intention.

[edit on 11-4-2007 by plumranch]

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Lol plumranch that could have been a whole htread/article

Bortherthebig, nice collection of link, vids and info

Sorry that I didn't reply sooner, thought this one pretty much dried up

I'll have a read of all you 2 posted tomorrow or in the weekends, I'm too tired now, keep skiiping lines or readin stuff twice or thrice :p
Sleep time I guess

Thanks again

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The human Stroy continued:
As the Annunaki sheparded the human race through its development there was an order of progression. We were never handed technology till we were ready. The controling documents or information were called the MEs. They were closely guarded by the ruling Annanaki and they were considered the law, the last word. Things were not done till the MEs said they could be done. The Annunaki had cool technology. They flew around when and where they wanted. They had spectacular craft that could take them back home if they wanted but we were never a part of that.
Where did the MEs originate and why were they so closely adhered to? My guess is we are back to the Galactic Federation, the group with overall control. Are these MEs still around? Do they still apply to us as a race? Do they dictate when and where we go, what we are allowed to do in a technical sense? It seems we are still not in total control of our destiny, not yet. Don't believe this? Just read this forum!

posted on Apr, 11 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Enki and the other Anunnaki are Reptilians. The biblical texts, according to Heiser, indicate they are Seraphim. The Serpent in the Garden was a Seraph (singular of Seraphim).

This is probably Enki. It's the only figurine from the time of Sumer (4000BC), found at Eridu (Enki's city)

Head Profile

In the sumerian text "Enki and the World Order", he's called the "Great Dragon."

[edit on 11-4-2007 by undo]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join