It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of astronauts gone ballistic..Moon landing: fact or fiction?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
being 70 means he should take any level of abuse? uh-uh. i don't think so. what that guy was doing was harassment if not assault. the fact that he was harassing/assaulting old men makes it even more despicable.

if you think it's so heroic to harass old people, why don't you go down to your local war vets hang out and start shoving them into corners to try and make them swear on a bible they really fought in world war two? see how far that gets you, then come back with a video of yourself getting hauled off by the cops and then crap all over the veterans for not swearing on a bible they were really in a war.

the fact that anyone can defend the blatant harassment of old men trying to live their lives in peace is just completely insane.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Aldrin's lawyer, Robert O'Brien, said the next day that the 6-foot-2, 250-pound Sibrel forced Aldrin up against a wall and refused to let him leave, so Aldrin launched the punch in self-defense.

www.sptimes.com...

Is this honest description of 'event'?

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Even if he wasn't pinned against a wall, then Buzz had every right to punch him. He felt an honest fear for his safety, and that of his relative. This man has been HARASSING AND STALKING HIM for years.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue bird

Aldrin's lawyer, Robert O'Brien, said the next day that the 6-foot-2, 250-pound Sibrel forced Aldrin up against a wall and refused to let him leave, so Aldrin launched the punch in self-defense.

www.sptimes.com...

Is this honest description of 'event'?

yes. it is, as you can plainly see on the video YOU posted. and what was the point of putting this article up? there's nothing there that hasn't been hashed and rehashed in this thread already; though i did notice they mentioned Phil Plait's website, which i linked to in a previous post, along with another one, which completely explain all so-called "evidence" of a hoaxed moon landing . did you even read that? are you reading ANYONE'S posts here? because you certainly aren't responding to anything anyone else is saying.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Let's not forget that these 'Old School' NASA astronauts were all top-gun pilots. It's not in their nature to respond gently to agressive stupidity. These are tough ex-military guys.

And speaking as one who followed the space programme as a kid...we watched as these guys literally went where no-one had before! It's kind of sad to be born into a world where walking on the moon is a done-deal. I can't think of anything, exept maybe time travel, that compares to that first escape from the bonds of our home planet.

One more point...some of their compatriots died in the process, like those in Apollo One. This jerk who is calling fake is also dissing the memory of those who can't defend them selves. I'm with the astronauts...free speech is one thing, how about freedom of expression as a response.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nick Nightstalker
yes. it is, as you can plainly see on the video YOU posted. and what was the point of putting this article up? there's nothing there that hasn't been hashed and rehashed in this thread already; though i did notice they mentioned Phil Plait's website, which i linked to in a previous post, along with another one, which completely explain all so-called "evidence" of a hoaxed moon landing . did you even read that? are you reading ANYONE'S posts here? because you certainly aren't responding to anything anyone else is saying.

As a matter of fact i opened the site and even bookmark it - to read on it lately.

How could I read it in a few minutes? The stuff really interest me.

I can also put many sites that are on the side of 'hoax'. googol it - you see.

But, you are accusing me that I do not respond to posts. I don't think so. I asked about temperature., it was concrete question. Do you have answer?

I am not jumping and hyperventilating over this topic. I said - that there are some things - that raised my suspicion. That's all. Or this is not 'allowed"?

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Let's not forget that these 'Old School' NASA astronauts were all top-gun pilots. It's not in their nature to respond gently to agressive stupidity. These are tough ex-military guys.

Could than the " Old School" being so honest and everything, tell a full story of 'ET' on Moon, as suggested - and who stopped them telling it to public?

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
there's explanation in my second link earlier in the thread of how heat and heat transfer works in space (it's not the same as on earth by any means), and that might enlighten you somewhat. beyond that... -40 degrees? that's nothing. it gets colder than that where i live at least once every winter. do you honestly think that NASA couldn't come up with equipment that keeps functioning at extreme temperatures? even pretending for a moment that the extreme temperatures would've affected the equipment directly (though again, heat works differently with no atmosphere to convect it to and from objects), it's not that hard to build equipment designed to function at extremely low or high temperatures. consider research stations at and near the poles, or HAARP, and how constantly cold it is there (and that's with convection to carry heat away from objects), they can build equipment that functions fine. the astronauts also made a point of generally limiting their work to the most hospitable periods during the day/night cycle, temperature wise, so as to avoid further complications.

further references here:
pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu...
here:
pirlwww.lpl.arizona.edu...
and lastly, a wealth of information here:
www.clavius.org...

please, for your own sake, READ some of these links and enlighten yourself. this website is about denying ignorance, not fostering it.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
My opinion of Buzz just went through the roof! Even though I have my doubts about the moon landings.

Buzz for Prez!

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
this is so funny. all you explaining what YOU would have done if someone was harrassing YOU about this.

Fist off this has nothing to do with YOU. and second, I doubt YOU have any courage to go past this computer and actually search for answers from those that have them.

Its not what you can give, but what you can take that makes you a tough guy, and that guy in those interviews took a lot. punched in the face, Kneed in the back of his sack, but only took the info he needed and left.

obviously those interviews are not much to say anything, but its more than what goes on here with a bunch of arguing women that cant get anything done.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
that guy in the video just gives people like us a bad name.

the problem is we will all be tard with the same brush.

like most of us guys question and discuss different topics in a mostly polite manor together.
there are some bad apples but most of the time we all get along fine and agree to disagree but that guy on the video just makes all conspirarists look like starkers and violent people

jra

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   

For example - the thing that puzzle me is the temperature on the moon. If it was between -100 and -150 F: it is very hard for equipment (at temperatures less than -40F (-40C) a lot of materials start becoming very brittle) and if we add to that high temperature when not in shadow - contraction and expansions of material would be significant. And what about astronauts themselves surviving that extremes?

When they talk about the temperature on the Moon, they are talking about the surface temperature. The temperature of the astronauts and their equipment won't fluctuate drastically either. It depends on what it's made out of. Say if you were to have a piece of cast iron up on the Moon. It would heat up fairly quickly. But something that's white and made out of a fabric, would take a lot longer to heat up. And when you put those things in shadow, the piece of cast iron and the cloth will both radiate there heat and cool just as quickly as they each warmed up. Does that make sense?

Why are Apollo files CLASSIFIED till 2026? Waiting for everybody involved to be long dead and gone and nobody to blame?

The Apollo program was a very open program. Only some of the Apollo files are classified. The main ones being the astronauts personal medical files. There is nothing suspicious about this, it's common to classify personal information, as it is nobody else's business but there own.

Some of the other files that were classified dealt with the advanced technology that they didn't want the Russians to have. Much of this has been declassified already though.

As for Buzz Aldrin punching Bart Sibrel? He totally deserved it. The guy is scum. He goes around, purposely trying to piss them off to get a reaction out of them and records it so he can sell it and make money. You can't get much lower than that. I know if some jack@$$ kept harassing me and called me a liar and a coward and referred to my greatest achievement as nothing more than a hoax. I'd give him such a punch.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
In all honesty they would get pissed at this "interviewers" abuse regardless of walking on the moon or not (that's not interviewing, what he's doing).

I'm a skeptic as far as the lunar landings go but in all honesty I think he'd be more mad at this abuse and accusations if he indeed had been to the moon. If it were a conspiracy he'd laugh it off (nothing to get emotional about as he would know the "interviewer" was correct, but someone incisting you didn't do something you remember you did do would get you far more pissed.)

So in the end this doesn't way towards no moon landing this ways more towards proof that there indeed was a landing. why else would they get so rattled up about this abusing interviewer.

and i'm a skeptic to boot lol.. ow well.. btw seen that video a couple of times.. not sure if it was on ats before.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Man On The Moon

It's not clear to me how stalking and harassing astronauts proves anything about the Apollo moon missions.

All it proves to me is that Bart Sibrel is a wannabe Michael Moore.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

All it proves to me is that Bart Sibrel is a wannabe Michael Moore.

totally agree

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Nobody went to the moon, it's all bs, there is no proof that we went to the moon, just as there is no proof there are Aliens from another planet flying UFOs.

If anyone can show me proof I'll consider it, good luck.

jra

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by promomag
Nobody went to the moon, it's all bs, there is no proof that we went to the moon, just as there is no proof there are Aliens from another planet flying UFOs.

If anyone can show me proof I'll consider it, good luck.

There's a specific thread for that. www.abovetopsecret.com... Feel free to bring up any questions you may have in that thread.

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nick Nightstalker
there's explanation in my second link earlier in the thread of how heat and heat transfer works in space (it's not the same as on earth by any means), and that might enlighten you somewhat. beyond that... -40 degrees? that's nothing. it gets colder than that where i live at least once every winter. do you honestly think that NASA couldn't come up with equipment that keeps functioning at extreme temperatures? even pretending for a moment that the extreme temperatures would've affected the equipment directly (though again, heat works differently with no atmosphere to convect it to and from objects), it's not that hard to build equipment designed to function at extremely low or high temperatures. consider research stations at and near the poles, or HAARP, and how constantly cold it is there (and that's with convection to carry heat away from objects), they can build equipment that functions fine. the astronauts also made a point of generally limiting their work to the most hospitable periods during the day/night cycle, temperature wise, so as to avoid further complications.

Direct sunlight radiation on the Moon's surface without any atmosphere whatsoever ranges between 250 degrees to 300 degrees F - the space around Moon is vacuum: which is perfect insulator - so astronauts in their suits were in total vacuum: they would be fries inside, because where would heat go?

Not to mention that above 300 miles the radiation of X-rays, gamma rays, and cosmic rays are deadly to any living organisms. We are protected here on Earth, by the Van Allen Belts - and the atmosphere surrounding the Earth.

Astronauts on Moon were in direct sunlight - nothing to protect them - no Van Allen Belt or magnetic field, no ozone layer, nothing!

And space suits were supposedly pressurized on a scale that astronauts would look like they are in the bauble, they couldn't move at all - but that was not the case - we see fingers moving quite easily and grasping objects.

please, for your own sake, READ some of these links and enlighten yourself. this website is about denying ignorance, not fostering it.

Don't patronize me pretty please!

* you also read something

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com... //pro& contra//

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Cosmic Radiation effects:

Our basic understanding of the biological responses to cosmic radiations comes in large part from an international series of ground-based laboratory studies, where accelerators have provided the source of representative charged particle radiations. Most of the experimental studies have been performed using acute exposures to a single radiation type at relatively high doses and dose rates. However, most exposures in flight occur from low doses of mixed radiation fields at low-dose rates. This paper provides a brief overview of existing pertinent clinical and biological radiation data and the limitations associated with data available from specific components of the radiation fields in airflight and space travel.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

* you also read something

www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com... //pro& contra//

all you're doing is regurgitating the same deeply flawed information and claiming it's correct. it's not, no matter how many times you say it is. quite frankly, i have no desire to be in the debate i've been drawn into about whether or not the moon landings were hoaxed. your science is flawed, and your reasoning is off-kilter. i have no desire to debate someone who ignores facts. all the anomalies you're clinging to that can't be explained away logically (IE: by those links i posted) can be explained in myriad other ways (mostly conspiracy based) other than a faked moon landing. there's simply no evidence for what you're claiming, and we're beating a very dead horse here.

the point of this thread was to showcase a video, and i think you've had a pretty unanimous set of opinions that anyone would be justified in smacking that slimeball upside the head for the way he was acting. if you want to debate whether or not the moon landings were hoaxed, please see one of the fifty hojillion threads on the site geared towards such debate, none of which i take part in because i have no desire to pit my argument against one without any scientific or logical support at all. like i said, we're beating a dead horse and ending up right back where we started here.

let's stick to discussion of the video you posted and you can rant your flawed 'science' elsewhere, all right?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join