It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Who Season 29 Season Premier

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I take that to mean that Earth will be decimated by The Master. I am eagerly waiting for these next episodes.

The Toclafane sound familiar? Have they been in Who before?

posted on Jun, 21 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The Toclafane are a 'new' alien, but my theory is they aren't actually aliens at all and are instead robots built by the Master to trick the people.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hmm. I don't think they are Robots, perhaps they are Resurrected/Banished Time Lord criminals. Perhaps they are from the Dark Times.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I've been avoiding this thread until I got up to date on watching episodes, and I just watched the last two. (11 and 12) I'm glad to see the Master back, and up to his old tricks, although I didn't really like the one-line explanation of how the timelords brought him back to fight in the time war; it seemed like too much of a copout. I half-expected that, since there didn't seem to be any logical way that the Master could come back that I could think of. (which is why I previously argued against the possibility of his return, before we knew)

Still, he makes an excellent villain, although he isn't quite like I remember. For instance, he comments while watching TV teletubbies how amazing the human species is, whereas in the past, he had nothing but contempt for the 'primitives', as he often referred to them.

I'm still trying to figure out, though, how the timelords brought the Master back, given that a) he was dead and b) he had already used at least one 'extra regeneration' in the old series that he stole. Then... he regenerates again? So this is like, what, his 16th life or something? Well, there is one more episode, so I hope I get some answers :p

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The Master has been offered a new set of regenerations in return for his help before(In the Five Doctors). If he could do that then they could extract his essence from the Eye of Harmony on the Tardis and reconstitute him into a new body with a full set of regenerations. They may have done something similar to the Doctor as well. It would make sense for the sake of a War.

[edit on 26-6-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I think its actually a very good explanation for his return. Who better to fight a megalomaniacal, tyrannous enemy than an equally megalomaniacal, tyrannous soldier?

Evidently that was ultimately wrong (seeing how he ran away), but its a good explanation. The Council offered him more regenerations if he led a battle force in the Time War, he took them up then abandoned the War.

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Soooo.... The Face of Bo is Captain Jack! Wow, I didn't see that coming. The Master is still out there despite his Return of the Jedi funeral, I still the Mrs. Saxon is someone special in the Who Universe. I doubt it's The Rani or Romana.... Time will tell....

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Soooo.... The Face of Bo is Captain Jack! Wow, I didn't see that coming.

It was a good bit of the ending that. Of course compared to the 100 trillion years into the future that the last episode was, it makes him look positively short lived. Considering he (the face of boe) teleports at the end of the New Earth episode, maybe somewhere in those 5 billion years he fixes his teleporter.

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
What a great finale! The Face of Boe was Jack, which made sense all along. It explains how he knows the Doctor and what he really means when he says he has seen "Too much." That was an amazing twist.
And I have to say John Simm's performance was amazing! I was slightly apprehensive at the end of Utopia but over the finale he really shone. And the tiny Doctor was so cute, sort of like a cross between Dobby and Gollum.

I think Lucy Saxon will turn out to be the Rani. She somehow escaped the Time War with the Chameleon Arch but kept her memories and waited for the Master to come to Earth after discovering the Time Lords were gone.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Catherine Tate will be reprising her role of Donna from the Xmas special as a FULL TIME companion in season 4................ it's news like this that makes me wanna
RTD's head in and drive me to
and :bnghd:

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Catherine Tate will be reprising her role of Donna from the Xmas special as a FULL TIME companion in season 4................ it's news like this that makes me wanna
RTD's head in and drive me to
and :bnghd:

Yeah, well hopefully she'll learn not to stand in front of Dalek Caan's gun the hard way. Still, Martha jones will be in some of Torchwood, as well as next season's later episodes, so that shouldn't be too bad.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
Yeah, well hopefully she'll learn not to stand in front of Dalek Caan's gun the hard way.

Actually that's exactly what I'm hoping for.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join