It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Who Season 29 Season Premier

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Remember that theory I had about the Master being the doctors brother? Well I found the original clip! Davison Era, the Episode in question is planet of fire. The Master's "Death" starts roughly at 1:10-1:12. Enjoy!

The Quote appears between 1:41-1:46

It's not complete as The Master is cut off, and it was mumbled to boot. The final words were unmistakable... "Doctor, [you would/could do this] to your own..." And the Doctor didn't look like a Man who had just witnessed the death of his Worst and Best Enemy. He looked like he lost a family member.

[] = Guessed the obscured words.

[edit on 13-5-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
YAY a new Who thread!

In that clip you posted the Master did actually say "brother" but it was edited out before airing.
I look forward to 'Mister Saxon's appearance in Who. It would be coming a week earlier if that earsplitting, catwailing Eurovision wasn't on. Stupid show.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
In the next two parter, the Master is supposed to regenerate from someone who is presumed to be an ally. That's the word, not sure how accurate it is though.

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I heard that too. Apparently Derek Jacobi is playing an ally who is called the Professor. At the end of the two parter he dies and regenerates into Harold Saxon and is revealed as a Time Lord.

I CAN'T WAIT!

And I hope they bring Dalek Caan back soon. He's wicked.

And did you know Kylie Minogue is playing a Cyberwoman in the Xmas special?

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
And I hope they bring Dalek Caan back soon. He's wicked.

They are having contractual negotiations with the Terry Nation estate again I believe. They may decide not to license it again cuz they are kind of picky on where and how the Daleks are used. I've heard some rumors they are thinking the Daleks are being used too much, and frankly I'm of the same opinion. They are just kind of getting annoying now. It was way better when Davros was around so I would like to see a two or three season absence with a huge surprise entrance of Davros and Caan in a two or more parter.

And did you know Kylie Minogue is playing a Cyberwoman in the Xmas special?

Ugg. I'm glad they are doing this stuff in the Xmas special and not in the regular season. I heard rumors they were thinking of increasing the season? I really think 13 episodes per is too few. We need more room in the year for 3 parters. I want a return of a more classic who format and companion relationship.

[edit on 14-5-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'm hoping they increase the number of episodes. I was saying on another forum that they should return to the occasional month long stories of the yesteryear. I mean classic episodes like Genesis, Tomb of the Cybermen and the rest were all a minimum of three episodes which allowed for a more developed story. So instead of having the Doctor point his Sonic Screwdriver at something and save the day, he had to actually solve a problem, or face trouble with his companions.

I hope they allow the Daleks to be re-used. Is it true they are considering giving them to the Americans for the US remake? I hope not. No offence to America or anything, but American remakes of classic Brit TV never work properly. They get the humour wrong, the story wrong and miss the main point.
Look at the Office. The American version is still funny, but its because everything is really over the top. Our version was subtle in its humour and played on things that actually happen in the workplace.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
An American re-make of Doctor Who? Is nothing sacred anymore?

It'll be terrible. Look at that tele-movie with one of the McCann brothers (can't remember which one), it was worse than terrible!

It'd be like the Brits remaking 'Lost' or '24'.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Well if they do a readaptation of a segment of Who lore it could work. Like say license the Daleks or something, or do a followup McGann movie telling the story of the Time War. If it's dark and gritty, I think that America could do it justice, as long as it's not licensed to FOX. They have proven time and time again that they just do not understand Science Fiction, let alone British Science Fiction. They should give the deal to PBS!
In all seriousness, giving it to NBC would be a smart bet, or Universal(though with their handling of Trek, that would give me pause as well).

If it was handled like this would you see it? (The below is a fake trailer
)

[edit on 15-5-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Nice looking trailer!

I agree that if a movie on the Time War was made it should be made by America, mainly because an American movie would have a higher budget and be able to do so much more than a UK movie could. But it should be directed by RTD and keep the Britishness that makes Who so good.

posted on May, 16 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The new episode '42' looks like it's a bit different. A review I read in a tv magazine (so sorry, no net link) seems to have it set in real time, in that the Doctor only has 42 minutes to save a spaceship from crashing into the sun.

Doctor Who does 24! 24-42, get it?

Found a link:

monstermovieblog.blogspot.com...

or try this (spoiler):

www.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 16/5/07 by jimboman]

posted on May, 20 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Doctor Who does 24! 24-42, get it?

It's also a reference to Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. 42 is the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything and in the TV miniseries, they steal the stunt ship of a famous rock singer who was spending a year dead for tax reasons at the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. Unfortunately that Stunt Ship was destined to crash into the sun and they escape by teleporting away, leaving Marvin to burn, which he didn't care for at all.

And now, something completely different(MAJOR SPOILER BELOW)

Also I just wanted to note that the Prologue is not a spoiler, it's a Prologue.
It's supposed to be read before you watch the episode, hehe.

[edit on 20-5-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Hey Sardion, you seem to have inside info. Are you Russell T. Davies by any chance? Or just a show insider?

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimboman
Or just a show insider?

Hehe. Nope to both questions. Just a fan since it was originally aired in Canada on Public Television.

[edit on 21-5-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Yea, I saw the spoiler on the Johnathon Ross show here in the UK when he was interviewing John Barrowman. Feema Agyeman is on the show this Friday night.

42. It was a good episode, but I felt a little disappointed in it. There didn't seem to be much tension in the time limit. Maybe if they'd had the time ticking down on screen or something, I don't know. Could be I was expecting too much of course.

Glad they didn't do the split-screen thing as in '24' though.

posted on May, 21 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
And now, something completely different(MAJOR SPOILER BELOW)

Also I just wanted to note that the Prologue is not a spoiler, it's a Prologue.
It's supposed to be read before you watch the episode, hehe.

The fact that he was going to be in Doctor Who again, I'm sure is in the commentary of either "The Parting of the Ways" or "Bad Wolf". I'm fairly sure it was anyway, needless to say I've known he would be in it again since about Christmas 2005, which is when I got the box set with commentaries.

Good video though.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well I loved this episode.
And week after next we get another Moffat episode!

Anybody catch this? Hehe. Wonder why McGann is so prominent?

[edit on 27-5-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Yea, the episode was interesting to say the least. Seeing the Doctor as plain old 'John Smith' was a surprise, specially at the end where he was totally lost for what to do!

I'd love to know who wrote that journal used in the episode. It'd go for a lot of money on e-bay! Can't wait to get it on DVD so I can freeze-frame to see if there's any juicy info in the journal... I taped the episode, but video is really bad for freeze-frames. At least my video-player is!

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Here are some screen captures.

myweb.tiscali.co.uk...

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Thanks Sardion. So far I haven't seen any new revelations.

posted on May, 31 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join